Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-06-2023, 04:14 PM   #1

Silverleaf issue

Hello all, wondering if anyone may have experience with this issue?

We have a 2022 Mountain Aire 4118 and suddenly are having an issue where both Silverleaf control panels are showing a red "0" volts for chassis batteries. Batteries are new and are showing 13.7 volts with a meter. Have tried pulling the fuses behind the cord reel and rebooted the Silverleaf system but no help.

Has anyone else potentially run into this? Would love thoughts.
Olbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-06-2023, 04:46 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
There is a wire that connects to the chassis battery side of the charge bridge. I think it’s purple and has an inline automotive style fuse. Is this the fuse you checked?
Old 02-06-2023, 06:59 PM   #3

I did check the inline fuse on the on the bridge solenoid and it was good, but the fuses I was referring to are the fuses at the bottom of the panel behind the cord reel. I was told that pulling the two bottom fuses would reset the Silverleaf.
Old 02-07-2023, 12:22 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Check out this schematic. It shows that pin 9 on the TM102 “output” connector is where the device senses the chassis battery voltage. This pin connects directly to the charge bridge via a 1 amp fuse.

https://comnet2.newmarcorp.com/insta...3SIRVCELEC.pdf

So, with your voltmeter connected to a good ground, I would check voltages at the chassis battery terminal of the charge bridge, at both sides of the 1 amp fuse (there’s a test point at the top of the fuse) and at pin 9th of the “output” connector of the TM102.

If you have voltage at pin 9 then it would appear the problem is the TM102, but I would like to think this is the least likely scenario, but we’ve seen the TM102 have issues due to a lack of a flyback diode on the charge bridge.
Old 02-07-2023, 05:41 AM   #5

Very helpful guys! I will take a look at this at first light this morning!
Old 02-07-2023, 08:12 AM   #6

file:///C:/Users/BDowdle/Desktop/TM102-centric%20layout.pdf
This is a print of the system. If it won't open, send me an email and I will send it to you directly. You have a lot of different areas to check. What is the voltage at the charge bridge solenoid? There is a small module on the back wall of bay 4 on the passenger side behind the small slide out tray, very had to access, you need to see what lights are on that module. Have you reached out to Newmar or silverleaf as well?
Bobby Dowdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 10:53 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
See the attached drawing. I've marked the four location that I believe you should check for voltage.

SS2013SIRVCELEC.pdf
Old 02-08-2023, 06:25 AM   #8

Thanks again everyone for all of the help, I truly appreciate the schematics and troubleshooting help. I did start chasing down the problem last night and found that there was power at the charge bridge and the inline fuse was good. I also had received a call from Newmar suggesting that I pull fuses #1, #2 and #12 on the panel behind the cord reel, but it was no help.

When I opened the basement for checking the power at module TM102 I noticed that the air temp in the basement was quite warm and the inverter fan was blowing full speed. I did a manual reset on the inverter which fixed the problem with "0" volts in the chassis Silverleaf display. Not sure why the inverter would cause the display issue as I thought the display should be measuring battery voltage not inverter charge voltage...?

But this creates an even bigger concern for me as this past December Newmar replaced our xantrex 3012 inverter due to a complete inverter failure. Only two months after the inverter failure we have the inverter having an issue like this makes me concerned that there is a larger issue with something potentially harming the inverter?

I would truly appreciate any other input you all might have. Since the time of the inverter swap we have been in the rig full time and made a trip from South Texas to Tampa and back... using the rig for nothing out of the ordinary. We were just sitting in our current campground when this current issue came up, and we were just sitting stationary during the inverter failure a few months ago.

All thoughts appreciated.
Old 02-10-2023, 02:10 PM   #9

Check to see if you got the newest inverter with the updated parts. I have 2 and have had them all replaced, and one of the replacements also had to be replaced back in September when I was at the mothership for warranty work.

I am not near the coach now, but Xantrex found an issue with a component in the inverter that was causing issues. They replaced it with a different component that fixes the issues. Since I left Newmar, my inverters have worked flawlessly. Before, they would shut down at random times and would not come back online unless I did a manual reset on the side of the inverter or inverters as sometimes both would shut down.

There should be a small white sticker in the end of the inverter saying something about a certain component is installed. If in doubt, call newmar and ask them.
Mark3101 is offline   Reply With Quote