Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-31-2021, 11:19 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Silverleaf screens are blank

I have a 2015 Newmar London Aire. I woke up two days ago with no a/c and unable to flush the toliet. Went to my Silverleaf screens and both were blank. Talked with Newmar and we tried disconnecting the screen to reboot...did not work. Tried resetting generator switch...no change. Went to 50 amp cord department and pulled fuses F1 & F2. Fuses ok!

Called Silverleaf and they had me check for power to screens...no power.

They sent me a new White Rodgers solenoid, and 127025 & 127026 black modules. I replaced all 3 and still no power to my screens. Any suggestions? It"s Saturday and nearly 100 degrees outside.
DadsRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-31-2021, 11:46 AM   #2

Have you checked your house batteries. When my screen went out, the steps also would not deploy. This was the result of dead batteries. I put a charger on the house batteries to get it all going again, though a 6-amp. car charger is not quite enough to bring them all the way up. After the screen was back up, house batteries showed 0.0 volts. But everything including A/C’s worked. Several calls to SilverLeaf resulted in that my Inverter had died. My SilverLeaf did not “see” the inverter, and there was no charging taking place for the house or chassis batteries. A new Zantrex inverter corrected my problems. The Zantrex weighs 71LBS, and removing and installing it in the frame rail shelf is not easy.

2016 4519 Newmar Essex / AWD Ford Explorer
Tizbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 12:04 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
House batteries are good and charging...I am able to use my dash mounted Silverleaf 6 button VMS350 to see my house batteries...they are at 14.2 volts. For some reason after changing out the solenoid, I am no longer registering my chassis batteries on the screen
Old 07-31-2021, 12:30 PM   #4
Rd1

just as an fyi, I don't know who you talked to at Silverleaf, if it wasn't Art, I suggest try to reach him directly. He is usually available 7:30- 8 am pst time.

Also, if you can physically reach the inverter, typically located in the roof of the 2nd compartment, to see if it is functional or if you can reset the inverter.

elec gremlins can be a challenge even for a simple hiccup. sometimes it helps to do a complete reset.
turn off the shore power
turn off the chassis batt (by the engine compartment)
turn off the house batt (salesman switch)

give it a good 5 min and start back up in reverse, first the house batts, chassis then the shore power

and last, if your dash SL is working, you should be able to operate the roof AC. I don't know if the 2015 version was different, but I can turn on/off ea AC and set the temp also via the dash SL. should be able to reach it thru the Therm option
Old 07-31-2021, 01:17 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by DadsRV View Post
For some reason after changing out the solenoid, I am no longer registering my chassis batteries on the screen
The charge bride has a purple (I believe) wire connected to the chassis battery side of the charge bridge. It has an inline fuse about 6" from where it connects to the charge bridge. Make sure the wire is connected at both ends and that the fuse is good. This is the wire that the TM-102 uses to sense the chassis battery voltage.
flyboy013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 01:31 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by DadsRV View Post
I woke up two days ago with no a/c and unable to flush the toliet. Went to my Silverleaf screens and both were blank. Talked with Newmar and we tried disconnecting the screen to reboot...did not work. Tried resetting generator switch...no change. Went to 50 amp cord department and pulled fuses F1 & F2. Fuses ok!

Called Silverleaf and they had me check for power to screens...no power.

They sent me a new White Rodgers solenoid, and 127025 & 127026 black modules. I replaced all 3 and still no power to my screens. Any suggestions? It"s Saturday and nearly 100 degrees outside.
What are the 127025 and 127026 black modules? Silverleaf boxes such as the TM-102??

The toilet and the Silveleaf are not connected to one another, so lets look for something in common.

I believe you have 3 positive cables coming off the battery. One to the charge bridge, one to the inverter and one to the electrical bay to feed the fuses and breakers there.

I would first check to see if you have voltage at on both sides of the 300 (ish) amp fuses that are in the battery bay (one feeds inverter, the other the electrical bay). I would then check the other end of those cables. The inverter cable connects to the inverter and the other connects to the "input" side of the house disconnect solenoid in the cord reel bay. If all is good there, I would then look at the other wires that are connected to the "input" side of the solenoid. The Silverleaf module get power from this input side and do not turn off when house power is turned off.
flyboy013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 03:48 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
I disconnected shore power to the coach, disconnected chassis batteries and house batteries, so I could do a cold reboot. When I reconnected everything, I now register the
chassis voltage on the dash Silverleaf , but....now my battery disconnect in the panel above drivers seat will not come on. I have checked all fuses in the chassis battery compartment. All good!
Old 07-31-2021, 04:34 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
I am able to see the ac and heat controls in my dash screen but it will not allow me to adjust th temp...it remains on 99 degrees.
Old 07-31-2021, 08:24 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Sounds like some of the Silverleaf modules are not responding. Possible they have no power. Did you check the voltage going to the input side of battery disconnect?
Old 07-31-2021, 08:52 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
I have now learned that the inside battery disconnect is called the "salesman switch". It is a rocker/momentary switch in the panel/cabinet above the steering wheel. I will need to remove the panel tomorrow to access the back of the switch. If switch is bad, is it ok to bypass and tie the two wire together?

Still doesn"t resolve my no power to the Silverleaf though!
Old 08-01-2021, 03:34 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tizbad View Post
Have you checked your house batteries. When my screen went out, the steps also would not deploy. This was the result of dead batteries. I put a charger on the house batteries to get it all going again, though a 6-amp. car charger is not quite enough to bring them all the way up. After the screen was back up, house batteries showed 0.0 volts. But everything including A/Cs worked. Several calls to SilverLeaf resulted in that my Inverter had died. My SilverLeaf did not see the inverter, and there was no charging taking place for the house or chassis batteries. A new Zantrex inverter corrected my problems. The Zantrex weighs 71LBS, and removing and installing it in the frame rail shelf is not easy.
Go in Elect comp...remove black partition behind elect reel....down the bottom you WILK see an UNMARKED 5 amp fuse that will be blown...replace all will be ok...Chuck
chuckster52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 07:08 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Thanks for the tip...I will check it out in the morning
Old 08-01-2021, 11:22 PM   #13

One thing that scares me about buying a Newmar. So many fuses in the craziest places.
outlawten5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 07:44 AM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster52 View Post
Go in Elect comp...remove black partition behind elect reel....down the bottom you WILK see an UNMARKED 5 amp fuse that will be blown...replace all will be ok...Chuck

The same issue happened to me. I think chuckster52 is correct, mine was a fuse behind the cord reel. The fuse was on a vertical strip that contained 5 or 6 fuses check the all. On mine the strip was never tightened when installed and caused that fuse to blow.
alan1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scr