RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-20-2020, 02:32 PM   #1

Slide Controller Location

I hope somebody can help me here. I have a 2006
4023 Dutch star. I'm pretty sure the slide controller for the passenger side slide has gone bad. I have exhaustively searched for the slide controller, all the compartments, in the under bay up along the rail all the way back to the inverter, pulled the pegboard with the slide relays off and looked behind the relays, all the compartments I can think of, inside the dash, inside the front upper box with the speaker, the front of the unit, inside the interior cabinets mounted on the wall, I cannot find it anywhere. I am also looking for a wiring diagram that shows how the main panel slide in/out rocker switch, the intellitec slide controller, and the relays play together. If I could find that I could use a wire tracing tool and maybe find where the controller is. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
rh2669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-20-2020, 02:53 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rh2669 View Post
I hope somebody can help me here. I have a 2006
4023 Dutch star. I'm pretty sure the slide controller for the passenger side slide has gone bad. I have exhaustively searched for the slide controller, all the compartments, in the under bay up along the rail all the way back to the inverter, pulled the pegboard with the slide relays off and looked behind the relays, all the compartments I can think of, inside the dash, inside the front upper box with the speaker, the front of the unit, inside the interior cabinets mounted on the wall, I cannot find it anywhere. I am also looking for a wiring diagram that shows how the main panel slide in/out rocker switch, the intellitec slide controller, and the relays play together. If I could find that I could use a wire tracing tool and maybe find where the controller is. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
It is in the compartment that has the pegboard
ltmoeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 04:04 PM   #3

I will look again ... but sure don't see it there.
Old 10-20-2020, 04:25 PM   #4

If I knew how to send you a picture I would.I have a 2007.If you have 2 slides o the passenger side just swap the connectors to verify if the controller is good or bad.
Old 10-20-2020, 05:24 PM   #5

If I Knew where the controller was that would make it much easier. I will pull the pegboard again tomorrow, but I've already done that once and I don't think it's back there .. I would absolutely love to be wrong.
Old 10-20-2020, 05:26 PM   #6

Give me a hint where to look in the peg board cabinet, it's definitely not on the outside or inside surface of the pegboard, is it mounted on the ceiling above the tanks, is it mounted on a wall behind a tank .. do I have to pull a tank to see it?
Old 10-20-2020, 05:49 PM   #7

Slide controller

On my 2007 it is mounted on the right side attached to the pegboard.I can imagine an 06 is any different.My 2001 was also in the same position.
Old 10-20-2020, 07:42 PM   #8

Ty ltmoller, Top right of the pegboard are 2 banks of relays ... Contactors for the slides ... unfortunately no controller. The left side of the pegboard is the controller for the awning,. I'll keep searching but thank you for trying to help.
Old 10-21-2020, 07:31 AM   #9

Slide controller

Those are the controllers.They are not relays.
Old 10-21-2020, 03:00 PM   #10

They are relays, not the intertec controllers. I just got off the phone with a service tech who claims that Newmar did multiple "one off" production runs due to a shortage of intertec controllers ... so the reason I can't find the controllers is there are not any :-). Thanks for all your information especially the location of where yours were.
Old 10-21-2020, 03:40 PM   #11

Check inside coach in the bathroom under the sink. Worked on a 06 DS and that was the location.
Newmar MAN
tom chelbana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 04:19 PM   #12

mine same location as Toms 06. Mine is a bit older though.
Old 10-21-2020, 07:39 PM   #13

Found the problem. There is no slide controller on mine just a couple banks of relays. The contact on the relay that would be termed the "reversing relay" for the bank that controls that slide must had a burnt or corroded NC contact. I replaced the relay it all is working well again. Thanks for all your helpful comments

Tags
cat, slide