Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-07-2022, 10:09 AM   #1

Slide issue

2008 kountry star kitchen slide won't extend. The slide locks went in then nothing. New house batteries. Tried the disconnect reset I found in a recent post from someone with and 06 but no luck. Had this happen once with the opposite slide and it was a voltage issue. Since these are new house batteries I'm stuck. Now they slide locks are not engaged (unlocked position) and wont go to the locked position. All I got is the safety recording "slide locks are unlocking etc etc""

HELPbow:
djnash is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-07-2022, 10:41 AM   #2

There is a dial on the bottom right corner of the controller. Turn that up and see if it allows the room to move. You can also swap the plugs on the controllers. Should have 2 side by side and see if the room will move.
Bobby Dowdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 11:51 AM   #3

I think mine is it they top left a the plugs are on the top. I will try the plugs swap after I get home. I presume I turn the pot clockwise since it's at the top left. Thanks for the quick reply. Will keep you posted. I really hate these issues.
Old 06-07-2022, 11:59 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Not sure about yours but my 2018 is connected to the chassis batteries. Not sure why they connect it to 2 chassis batteries and not let them operate with the engine running instead of 8 house batteries. I disabled the ignition lockout so I could operate them with engine running to provide full voltage to the slide motors and leveling jacks. Newmar did the same thing starting in 2019.
Old 06-07-2022, 01:35 PM   #5

Sorry but yours is more advanced than mine.
Old 06-08-2022, 08:48 AM   #6

Update!! Switched cables between controller boards and no luck. When pressing the slide switch you could hear clucking g like a relay trying to engage. Put the cables back tried again no luck. Then tried an army manual solution. I banged the slide locks and the slide opened when I pressed the switch. I'm guessing that the micro switch is out of wack. Open to suggestions.
Old 06-08-2022, 05:52 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnash View Post
Update!! Switched cables between controller boards and no luck. When pressing the slide switch you could hear clucking g like a relay trying to engage. Put the cables back tried again no luck. Then tried an army manual solution. I banged the slide locks and the slide opened when I pressed the switch. I'm guessing that the micro switch is out of wack. Open to suggestions.
Oil and grease the crap out of those slide locks. They are exposed to weather when the slides are out. I had similar issues with mine and it took a pry bar and a lot of penetrating oil to free it and let work smoothly again.

On your slide controller the adjustment pot turns counter clockwise to increase slide function when it quits. The more counter clockwise the harder it will clamp to the side of coach. Turn it clockwise to reduce the pressure.
Fefanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 09:57 PM   #8

I am also experiencing an issue. One of my locks are not fully unlocking. I would push the button, the voice would activate but the slide doed not move. The light next to the slide switch blinks. After a few times, I realized the power lock is not fully retracting, assuming the main slide motor will be locked out until the power lock is fully retracted. I contacted newmar, they cannot get these power locks anymore but I can send mine in to be refurbished for $267. A piece. I believe the weld has broke on bottom portion of arm. Goodluck..
Old 06-12-2022, 07:17 AM   #9

I had replace the actuator piston because the first one literally just fell apart. It was after market and found reference for the part on the forum. Find out if in fact the lock arm weld is broke. A local fabrication shop is quicker and cheaper. There are a few RV recycle sites that sell parts also. It is easy to replace the actuator piston as long as there isn't a well in the way. Then its a pain. Hope this was helpful.

Tags
slide