Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-03-2020, 10:28 AM   #1

Slide not coming in

Hi, getting ready to leave and my Passenger side slide ( electric) not coming I only hear a clic clic from somewhere in back, can you help troubleshoot the issue?

Thanks
Zzotte
zzotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-03-2020, 10:49 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Which one kitchen or bedroom?
Old 12-03-2020, 10:53 AM   #3

Kitchen, thanks another question anyone knows where Newmar may have put the controller box for the kitchen slide I completely emptied the belly on both sides only found two one for each bedroom
Old 12-03-2020, 11:12 AM   #4

I have had the same issues in the past. First thing I would do is turn off the 12 volt using the salesman switch next to the passenger seat. Turn off the power for a few minutes, hopefully it will reset. If still nothing works, call Newmar, they will send you the instructions to use the controller manually.

The controller on mine, a 17 DSDP 3736 is in the big compartment with the slide out tray, it’s on the ceiling of that compartment.
ddowntown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 11:19 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddowntown View Post
I have had the same issues in the past. First thing I would do is turn off the 12 volt using the salesman switch next to the passenger seat. Turn off the power for a few minutes, hopefully it will reset. If still nothing works, call Newmar, they will send you the instructions to use the controller manually.

The controller on mine, a 17 DSDP 3736 is in the big compartment with the slide out tray, it’s on the ceiling of that compartment.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1455.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	134.2 KB
ID:	310132
Old 12-03-2020, 11:19 AM   #6

Spartan Chassis
I would first inspect the slide for any obstruction. Next, check the two slide motors (inside plastic covers at the front/top of your basement compartments) at their mounting surfaces to determine if they have broken (not an uncommon occurrence). This is not the mounting brackets, but the motors themselves around the bolts. Next, determine if you have power to the motors. I would then attempt to isolate the source of the clicking.
TheRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 11:39 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddowntown View Post
Ok I found it, how to I reset? With the black box I can pull the little pin and reinsert how do I that on this one thank you so much

Zzotte
Old 12-03-2020, 11:51 AM   #8

Thanks for all the help, I just plug and unplug and it worked

Zzotte
Old 12-03-2020, 12:43 PM   #9

As long as your back in service, that’s a good thing!!!!Safe Travels
Old 12-03-2020, 03:31 PM   #10

Alpine Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzotte View Post
Thanks for all the help, I just plug and unplug and it worked

Zzotte
Wouldn’t using the salesman switch accomplish the same thing as unplugging the unit?
jerry davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 07:21 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry davis View Post
Wouldn’t using the salesman switch accomplish the same thing as unplugging the unit?
It did not, you either remove the little pin on the left of 5 pin plug or in my case just unplugged the the five pin pug for a few minutes

Zzotte
Old 12-03-2020, 07:28 PM   #12

Wow! What a day

After dealing with a few issues, got the wash machine installed, new front tires, the kitchen slide it’s working again getting ready to leave NIRVC I got a call the my father-lin-law had a stroke so we are getting ready to leave it’s getting dark, we don’t like driving a night I can’t see crap, went to hook up the car left blinker on the car not working test the cable one of the pins it’s bad, so when out looking for another replace the plug still did not fix the issue any help? What else could be wrong?

Thanks
Zzotte
Old 12-03-2020, 07:39 PM   #13

I had the left blinker go out on my tow vehicle. In the same compartment as your chassis batteries there is a small black plastic case that contains fuses. There are fuses that go to the receptacle for your tow plug. That is why you tested your plug and thought it was bad. Find the fuse for the left blinker and I bet it is blown.
I have a 2018 Dutch Star 4362 but, hopefully the chassis batteries and the fuses I am referring to are located in the same area.
ThunderRidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 09:43 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderRidge View Post
I had the left blinker go out on my tow vehicle. In the same compartment as your chassis batteries there is a small black plastic case that contains fuses. There are fuses that go to the receptacle for your tow plug. That is why you tested your plug and thought it was bad. Find the fuse for the left blinker and I bet it is blown.
I have a 2018 Dutch Star 4362 but, hopefully the chassis batteries and the fuses I am referring to are located in the same area.
Unfortunately it’s not the fuse :( but hey I learned something I had no idea that was that many fuses in that little round box

Zzotte

Tags
slide