Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-28-2021, 04:59 PM   #1

Slide out issues

Having trouble with 2 of my slide outs the living room works perfectly fine but the kitchen one the light by the switch lights up and absolutely nothing happens. I have switched the control board out with a new one still nothing.
Adreinart is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-28-2021, 05:01 PM   #2

Turn off the salesman switch (12 volt power switch) for 30 seconds and turn it back on. That may help.
Old 06-28-2021, 05:25 PM   #3

Make sure the key is in the correct position. Would think a test light to see if you have power to the control board would be next. You can make your slide out go out and in by using a power pack on the 10 gauge red and black wires going to the slide out motor which would tell you if it's a control board or a slide out motor.
Newmar Man
tom chelbana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 10:18 AM   #4

Key is in correct position drivers front slide works fine. I hooked up cables direct to the motor and it moved easily. I have power at the controller and have also put a new controller in its place still nothin on passenger side slide and rear driver slide
Old 06-29-2021, 10:34 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
If you have the 12v locks at either end of your slide, the Actuator contacts in it have become rusty and slide will not move. You can gently tap the box at both ends may free up the rust and slide may move.
Within this link you will find slide section and Slides the Good, Bad and Ugly thread it will explain the Actuator, you maybe able to clean with contact spray or change it, look for that thread in this link.
Welcome to the forum and irv2.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 12:44 PM   #6

All manual locks
Old 06-30-2021, 10:38 AM   #7

After further diagnosing both of the trouble slides will run by jumping the wires at the controller. And when the switch is pressed the controller clicks but doesn’t do anything more. So the switch and wiring should all be good as well as motors it all comes down to this controller. Maybe I am missing a safety switch somewhere? Or maybe the new controller I had was bad too? Both of these slides quit working at the same time which was odd to me also.
Old 06-30-2021, 12:02 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
We are running out of options on you kitchen slide in link I gave you there are pictures of a limit switch under the slide or next to the motor, maybe you have one with wires not connected.
The bedroom slide the 12v power lead maybe loose on the fuse panel, screws will loosen up from road vibrations in many locations of your MH.
Transfer switch is a problem found in the check list of large sticky.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 07:22 AM   #9

Got back out to the MH today and checked for said limit switch there are no limit switches on any of the slides that I can find. Which fuse panel are we talking for the bedroom slide?

Tags
slide, slide out