Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-20-2020, 07:09 AM   #15
JC2

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJJ View Post
Flat side.
Thank you.
JC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-20-2020, 07:38 AM   #16

Thanks everyone

I was able to put the roller back in. Some friends (4) came over and they pushed up on the inside top of the wall slide and I was able to shove a block in there to protect my poor fingers. Snapped the roller back into the brackets and then they lifted again and I took out the blocks. Works great!

I was unable to see why the roller slipped out though and that concerns me....

The only thing different was my sliding out the slide before leveling the coach per the manual. Which seems weird to me. That night was a particularly uneven spot...

I believe I’ll go back to leveling and then slide out slides....

Best wishes!
Yarddroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 07:32 AM   #17

This happened to us as well, on the forward most roller on our full wall slide. Nothing unusual other than we had not used the coach in a few months. The roller itself stayed intact, but it pulled the screws out of the floor.

I called Newmar and as we were able to get the slide to extend properly on the next try, they said just be careful not to step on that corner with the slide in and also noted the wheels are not weight bearing.

Given the holes are stripped, I don’t plan on trying to fix it myself (though I applaud the 2x4 technique and the friends pushing on the upper part of the slide) and will like defer it until our next trip to the factory.

I watch all of the slides carefully during extension and storing. I’ll take a look underneath to ensure nothing has gotten underneath.
2018 Grand Cherokee Limited
LeslieGary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 09:56 AM   #18

Sorry to hear!

I keep a sheet of 1/8 thick plastic in the home to put between the mattress and the upper cabinet when I slide the bedroom in. I used that plastic to protect the floor when bringing in the slide while the roller was off.

My biggest unanswered question was why it came off in the first place. I can’t see anything under there that would cause this...other than the coach being out of square due to uneven ground. That’s why I think I’ll go to leveling before extending....

Tags
slide, wall slide rollers