Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-24-2014, 01:14 PM   #1

Slide stopping half way in?

What are some things I can check? Did it to me last weekend. Waited a few minutes and tried it again and it went out then back in fine. Wondering what could cause that....

Thanks.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-24-2014, 01:20 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Slide controller adjustment

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragRacer68 View Post
What are some things I can check? Did it to me last weekend. Waited a few minutes and tried it again and it went out then back in fine. Wondering what could cause that....

Thanks.
On my Coach(same year) there is a slide controller under the kitchen sink and on it is a adjustment for the resistance on the slide, maybe your needs adjusted for a little bit more, have you checked it all over, inside and out to make sure nothing looks out of place?
007 will be able to provide you with the info. you need to adjust your controller...........
Old 03-24-2014, 02:25 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragRacer68 View Post

Thanks.
I have had this happen a couple of times before I realized it was a low battery voltage problem. I was not plugged in to shore power, put the two front slides in and then went to the bedroom and it made it half way.
Changed my routine to plug into power first thing on arrival and unplug is the last thing on departure. No more slide issues.
Old 03-24-2014, 03:22 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
You need to make sure your batteries are fully charged if your shore line is not plugged in.
Your slide has to come up a ramp and as things age we need a little more juice, or current in the motors case to push the slide up the ramp.
The control unit may have a pot adjustment that you can add more current to the motor.
If it does than only make small increments of a turn until it can move the slide in.
Make sure all your rollers are tracking correctly and not fallen off their holding brackets.
Ramp metal sheets should be in good condition and not loose on ramp incline.
Here is a Newmar slide spec found in QT's 1 & 2 link.

You can see the pot on this slide control.
If you do not have this type than you may find it in this link and if its faulty you can order from this link by double clicking on your type picture.
Let us know how you make out.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 07:11 AM   #5

Thanks guys. I was running on generator power (had been for a couple days) and the batteries were fully charged. Not sure where the slide controller is, I'll have to look for it and I'll check out those links 007. Appreciate the help.
Old 03-25-2014, 08:06 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Some controllers dependent on model of coach were in the Hutch cabinet on bathroom wall.
Forgot to mention look under slide with it out and check stop rods and make sure there is no binding as slide moves in or out and you also have a hinged angle iron with wiring that should be free also.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 08:53 AM   #7

I had same problem about 5 yrs ago and the slide stuck @ 1/2 way out and would not work anymore. Had the controller replaced and it's been OK since!!! Mine is located in the linen closet!
Snomas1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide