RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-20-2017, 09:35 AM   #1

Slide Topper Question

I am looking for any guidance/input on an issue I have with one of my slide toppers. While I have pictures of the unit on dealer lot the day I bought it (mid March) with this issue, I totally missed it. The front edge of the topper (about 4-5in) is pulled out of the channel. See Pic.

I would like to try and fix it myself as I hate taking things in for dealer warranty repair because last time they had it for 1.5 months (for minor stuff), and I do not want to risk more things getting messed up (which also seems to happen to me).

Does anyone have experience with toppers to know if this is an easy fix or that can give me some pointers before I dig into it in advance? I am wondering if I will have to completely remove the topper and slide it out of the track to fix this edge. I assume that set-screw looking piece (which is in the slot) is suppose to fit in the topper edge once it is back in the slot (I am planning to take a look at one of the others on my rig for comparison).

Thanks for any help in directing my attack on this.

Terry
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SlideTopper.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	165818  

2017 3113 NewMar BayStar, Safe-T-Plus, RoadMaster SB, SuperSteer TB, Koni FSD shocks, CHF Rear, Sumo Springs, Centramatics, EEZ TPMS, King TailGater, LED Headlight kit, EMS-PT50X, Adjustable arm-rests, MagnaShade, 2017 Cherokee TrailHawk Toad...
And Tucker -
sedaliaterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-20-2017, 09:39 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
is the topper not wide enough to fill the full width ?

Maybe they cheaped out and bought a 12' wide topper for a 16' awning ?!?

Old 06-20-2017, 09:50 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to Qwert66
Slide Topper Question

That really helps and answers the op's question, thanks.
Old 06-20-2017, 09:55 AM   #4

Just replaced both of our slide toppers last week. Easy to do and shouldnt be a problem fixing your issue. This link should also help.
Old 06-21-2017, 05:15 AM   #5

Freightliner Owners Club
[QUOTE=sedaliaterry;3658154]I am looking for any guidance/input on an issue I have with one of my slide toppers. While I have pictures of the unit on dealer lot the day I bought it (mid March) with this issue, I totally missed it. The front edge of the topper (about 4-5in) is pulled out of the channel. See Pic.

Had the exact same problem with the topper on our large slide. Called Dometic and they sent me a replacement slide topper; Newmar agreed to pay for the installation, which I had done on site by a mobile RV repair.
Old 06-21-2017, 07:36 AM   #6

Thanks for the input Qwert66, AussieRv and cenfl. I will get up on the ladder and take a closer look this weekend to see if I can put it back in with what is there (not sure if there is a part missing where the topper fits in the slot on the end). Otherwise I'll contact Newmar and see about a replacement.

Terry

2017 3113 NewMar BayStar, Safe-T-Plus, RoadMaster SB, SuperSteer TB, Koni FSD shocks, CHF Rear, Sumo Springs, Centramatics, EEZ TPMS, King TailGater, LED Headlight kit, EMS-PT50X, Adjustable arm-rests, MagnaShade, 2017 Cherokee TrailHawk Toad...
And Tucker -
sedaliaterry is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide