Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-13-2016, 08:07 PM   #1

Slideout Service

Hello All

I'm new here.
New to posting, but have been reading your posting for several years, and have got some great ideas. Thanks!

We have a problem with a bedroom slide on our 04 Essex. I'm looking for a GOOD service center to take care of this problem and any future issues that may arise. We are just north of Austin, TX but I'm ok with taking it to where ever so as long as it's a GOOD service center that knows how to work on a Newmar. I'm looking for your opinions.

Thanks in advance.
bandit2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-13-2016, 08:34 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Bandit 2014
Not knowing what you need, Ancira is in Boerne tx about 100 miles from you if you are just north of Austin .Indoor Rv of Lewisville tx is about 215iles north of you. Both are Newmar dealerships. Ancira had a dealership in Alvarado ,but I think it has closed. Nacogdoches has Motorhomes of texas and they would be east of you and they should also be able to work on your slide. I have heard they have good service
Check them out on their reviews. Good luck. Indoors worked on our slides about a year ago and did a good job.
We have an 07 essex,and the slide floor had sagged,then caught as it came in.
Old 01-13-2016, 10:24 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I would suggest that you drive to
Indoor RV. It's a bit further but they are a true class act and you will
Not have any trouble with quality of work.
redbaron73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 05:29 PM   #4

Thank You Lady Puffin and Redbaron73 for your thoughts.

I've looked at Indoor RV's website and they do really look to be a very good option.

I've also looked Motorhomes of Texas and they I believe would be a good option as well.

Ancira, Boerne would be the closest to us but I just cant get a warm fuzzy feeling about them.

I will need to make a decision soon as I'm sure it will set at which ever shop for a month or so and it's just about time to start hitting the road.
Old 01-14-2016, 05:45 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit2014 View Post
Ancira, Boerne would be the closest to us but I just cant get a warm fuzzy feeling about them.

Newmar customer service did a three way call to setup a warranty appointment at Ancira, Boerne. Service Manager told me and Newmar they would not work on my warranty repairs since I did not purchase from them. That was my first and last contact with Ancira. I was only 1/2 mile from them in an RV park.

Left the park and drove to Lewisville, TX., National Indoor RV and they have been good to me.
osok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 08:23 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by osok View Post
Newmar customer service did a three way call to setup a warranty appointment at Ancira, Boerne. Service Manager told me and Newmar they would not work on my warranty repairs since I did not purchase from them. That was my first and last contact with Ancira. I was only 1/2 mile from them in an RV park.

Left the park and drove to Lewisville, TX., National Indoor RV and they have been good to me.
Wow! 1/2 mi vs 300 mi. That really burns. If and when I need major service, I will go to NIRV also.

Bandit2014, as you have already discovered, the Austin area is a dead zone for DP sales and service. You would think the 11th largest city in the country would be better represented.
2022 F350 DRW King Ranch 4 x 4
Scottybdivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 06:06 PM   #7

Scotty
Your so right about Austin being a DP Sales & Service dead zone.
We went to Orlando to purchase our Essex in Nov. 2014.

So far for service we have taken it to Cummins Coach Care in Houston two times and they are good on the engine side, but not impressed with them on the coach side. They are out except for engine work now.

We are just north of Austin, in Georgetown and we have Crestview RV. Our previous coach was a Mountain Aire and we took it there a few times for service work and each time it was frustrating. They are out except for state inspection.

There are a lot of diesel coach's here in G-Town so why don't we have a GOOD service center at least with in 50 miles of us.

So it's the 250 mile drive north to Dallas for us to NIRV.

Thanks to everyone for your input.
Old 01-20-2016, 07:33 PM   #8

Hey Bandit2014, did I understand correctly that this is going to be warranty work?
If so, sounds like you are headed down a good path. Another good motorhome repair shop (but I dont know if they do warranty work on Newmars.) is in Pipe Creek TX, Texas Custom Coaches. I've had work done there and was well pleased.
MoonchaserTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 07:38 PM   #9

One more thing, forgot to mention...if you didnt already know it there is both a Freightliner and Cummins shop on the SE side of San Antonio. Had work done by both of them and was pleased with them both...especially the Cummins when they replaced my turbo charger and worked with the extended warranty company with me.
MoonchaserTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 05:40 PM   #10

Thank You Moonchaser for the information.

Yes the work will be warranty, or at least I hope the warranty company see's it that way!

I feel good about my decision to take our coach to NIRV. I appreciate everyone here that replied and I'm glad I asked for everyone's opinion.
Old 05-03-2016, 02:32 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Concur re: Crestview in Georgetown. Everything they touched they broke.
capndeb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service, slide, slideout