Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-04-2015, 01:34 PM   #1
RV Nut

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Small world - forum member meet up in PA

We were relaxing outside our Ventana in a nice Pennsylvania state park when another couple walked up and introduced themselves as fellow Newmar owners. Turned out to be fellow forum member wyron and his DW.

We got to take a tour of their brand new (1 month old) DS 4002 and exchange some mod ideas.

Small world!

Theirs:
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1436038422.199248.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	99165

Ours:

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1436038456.518538.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	99166

2015 Newmar Ventana 4037 - All Electric
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon TOAD
newmarpusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-04-2015, 01:51 PM   #2

Great story Newmarpusher !!!

Thanks for sharing.

2015 Newmar Ventana 3636 (almost finished..we saw pics !!), Cummins ISB,
2014 JKU Wrangler, SMI AF1, Blue Ox Baseplate and Tow Bar
HavingABlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 01:52 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
denlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 02:45 PM   #4

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Kind of like the other day I was talking about Water Pressure Regulators and I mentiond that many city water systems are in the 80+ PSI range (this park is on a well water system and closer to 50 PSI or less).

I mentioned one park where it was 112 PSI.. the other camper said he was in a park like that once near the Georgia/SC Border..

He mentioned the group the park belongs to (it is part of a chain) I named the park.. Same park.

I belong to two campgrounds groups. at one of them in Indiana I got a couple of women in hot water (You see they did not have hot water in their RV and I told them what the problem was so the Mother could fix it,She is a handy woman)... Who should I run into in the OTHER park.. Same couple.. She upgraded her repair (They traded in the old TT for a much nicer 5er).

YOu never know what you will find as you drive around. Right now it's RAIN, that's what I'm finding RAIN.
Old 07-05-2015, 08:45 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Definitely a nice feeling to meet a fellow (new) Newmar owner at one of our first camping trips. Beautiful Coach NewmarPusher, and thanks to you and DW for showing us inside. We're going to add a few of your mods as well, especially the coat hooks behind the captain chairs.
WYRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 07:57 PM   #6
RV Nut

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club

Wyron,

I took your idea of the Moen double towel bar in the master bath. I went with the "Glenshire" collection. I felt it was a close enough match to the existing bath accessories without changing everything.

As you said, it installed right where the existing towel bar was, nicely covering all the holes and mounting firmly into the beefed up wall structure using the existing screws.

Cutting the removable bars from 24" to 18" (17 7/8" to be exact) was simple with a pipe/tube cutter.

Thanks for the tip!

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1436320607.436130.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	99460

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1436320622.799106.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	99461

Old 07-07-2015, 08:15 PM   #7

How cool is that?!?

and just look at those beautiful coaches!
KarenS144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 09:55 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmarpusher View Post
Wyron,

I took your idea of the Moen double towel bar in the master bath. I went with the "Glenshire" collection. I felt it was a close enough match to the existing bath accessories without changing everything.

As you said, it installed right where the existing towel bar was, nicely covering all the holes and mounting firmly into the beefed up wall structure using the existing screws.

Cutting the removable bars from 24" to 18" (17 7/8" to be exact) was simple with a pipe/tube cutter.

Thanks for the tip!

Attachment 99460

Attachment 99461
What did you use for coat hooks and where did you mount them?
Thanks
Old 07-08-2015, 04:30 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmarpusher View Post
Wyron,

Thanks for the tip!
Really nice. I agree it matches quite well to your existing hardware. Unfortunately, our existing hardware was antique bronze, so we needed to change everything. The real limitation was the toilet paper, where we needed the "European" style with a single mounting post in order to cover up the existing holes. That led us to Moen Lounge series.

Just got the coat hooks today to mount where you had them behind the Captain chairs.
Old 07-08-2015, 08:07 PM   #10

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Care to share which state park with another PA member? :-)
ejm4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 05:21 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Hickory Run State Park. As you may be able to see in NewmarPusher's first post, I was in one of the new full hook-up sites (they have about 10 of them), while he was a bit late getting a reservation and was in a primitive site. They only have one loop that is really Class A friendly, and only has about 10 or so sites I would say a 40 ft Class A could get into. I have a list of the 4 or 5 sites I would reserve (out of maybe 300 campsites!). The park itself is really pretty nice and fairly large with a lot of good hikes, and a small lake for swimming.
Old 07-10-2015, 04:08 AM   #12
RV Nut

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejm4 View Post
Care to share which state park with another PA member? :-)

As wyron said, Hickory Run State Park. This was our second trip there. Both times we made last minute "gotta get away this weekend" reservations.

We like the no hookup sites since they are a little more spread out than the few full hookup ones. A quick run of the generator during breakfast and dinner and our 8 AGM 6 volt batteries keep our all electric coach purring silently along all weekend.

It's essentially an open field surrounded by trees so maneuvering is really easy. The only slight challenge is the sites have a small slope to them, high at the rear.

The ONLY thing we don't like is the reddish gravel they use on the roads. After a rain, the toad and coach have red mud on the bottom. :(

Tags
forum