Welcome to the forum and I'm sorry to hear about your problems. Eventually you'll get there and hopefully most problems won't be show stoppers.
If the smoke cleared after you turned off the inverter than you likely found the problem. I work in electronics and have found that the nose never lies when it comes to burnt components. Just leave the inverter off until you're able to pull it and take a look.
It seems like you should be able to use your coach while plugged in. Is your inverter also your battery charger? If it is you could use a separate car charger to keep the batteries charged while you sort this out. Keep an eye on your house batteries.
1996 Tioga Class C
400 amp/hrs solar, Trimetric
Retire 2020 GLW