Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-07-2010, 12:42 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Snap-on window shades (exterior)

My 2006 Dutch Star bought 6 weeks ago with 16,000 miles on it has snaps around windshield and side windows, which would be ready for exterior shades - have seen them on a Kountry Star 2005 and a Mandalay Coach at my Campsite in Wells, Maine - Where do you buy them and is the color limited to Black ?

Thanks -
Renden is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-07-2010, 01:20 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Here is some info that may help, you can do your self.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 01:36 PM   #3

National RV Owners Club
That's odd that the shades didn't come with the MH when you bought it. Look in all the compartments before you go out and buy new ones. If you bought it from a private party ask them about them. If it was bought from a dealer ask them where they are. They are usually in a tube cylinder or rolled up and in a bag. As to color, you are not limited to black. I have a beige, and there are red, green and others. If you snowbird you can get them replaced usually at your SB destination. I had mine custom made in Mesa AZ 4 years ago, he measured the area's and made them on site. He had all the sewing equipment in his trailer. Since you have all the snaps in place I would suggest that you have them custom made to fit, unless they were a factory made option, then you could order them through Newmar. If you are heading to the Phoenix or Las Vegas area give me a holler and I'll give you the number of the company who did mine. I would not buy premade shades as they may not fit tight on your existing snaps. Loose shades just don't look good.
sgtjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 03:00 PM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I love mine and had them custom made by a fella at Thousand Trails Orlando. Mine are dark brown. He explained the difference each color had in reducing heat and visibility out from the coach. Sgtjoe made some good points.
Floridakamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 11:57 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007";665681]Here is [B][URL="http://www.ezsnapdirect.com/products/rv-shades
some info[/URL][/B] that may help, you can do your self.
Snaps are alreay installed.....
Renden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 12:45 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
If you can contact the prior owner and find out what shades they used you could save yourself alot of work. You would be very lucky if you bought new shades and they would match up to the existing snaps. I have MCD shades and like them very much but I would encourage you to find out what was originally used.
RJay is offline   Reply With Quote