RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-02-2017, 12:58 PM   #1
Rd1

So Cal campground recommendation

Any recommendation for camps around temacula/San Diego areas?

I have find Pechanga, Vali Lake and someone mentioned a Woods Valley as a quiet place. any info on these or others suitable for big units.

Could also consider north LA, Westlake toward Ventura areas. Though, I hear there are water issues, some place north, not sure where?

thank you

Rd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-02-2017, 01:14 PM   #2

I wouldn't consider vail lake near Temecula big rig friendly. In Temecula along with Pachanga check out Pala RV resort. In San Diego the Chula Vista RV resort and marina is pretty nice.

wjohnson913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 02:31 PM   #3

We've stayed at both Pechanga and Pala. Both are nice parks and in or near to Temecula. There is still lots of construction at Pechanga. However, if you golf, their golf course (Journey) is amazing. We like Pala. It is quiet, and very clean.

If you are looking for something closer to San Diego, as already mentioned, Chula Vista RV and Marina. You might also look at Santee Lakes.
HavingABlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 04:02 PM   #4
Rd1

Thank you both.. Pala looks good, Santee also looks very good however, they are full.. may be for next year.. Vali, they tell me they have larger sites. is Vali fairly new? I can't find a site of camp on google maps. pechanga, pala, others show up in the map..

someone here at the camp newmar was telling me Vali is not very safe!!! you have to bolt everything down!!!!.. I have reservations at pechanga and vali. was just getting a bit concerned about the area. may end up switching to pala, though they have limited open dates..
Old 12-02-2017, 04:06 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I too would pick Chula Vista RV and Marina, and I have tried most of the others.
Old 12-02-2017, 04:49 PM   #6

American Coach Owners Club
We stayed last winter for two months at Rancho California, about 15 miles east of Temecula. Clean, quite and gated. Monthly rates are good, not sure about nightly.
FORTRIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 04:58 PM   #7

If you happen to be retired military you can try Camp Pendleton which has RV camping right on or near the beach. It is very close to Carlsbad, CA. Also is you are an Escapees member you can try staying at Jojoba Hills RV Resort but at this time of the year it may be hard to find a vacant site there.
valentob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 05:40 PM   #8

We stayed at Vail Lake and would not return unless it was the last resort. The campsites are dirt with a little grass. While we didn't have any issues, I would agree that the security is not great.
and: The Aviators: Stories of Helicopter Combat in Vietnam 1971-72
LK23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 06:56 PM   #9
Rd1

I had spent so much time on line searching for a place.. however just a short note on irv2 and I got a whole lot more valuable info... thank you,..

not military, but the Jojoba Hills was one place I was hoping.. not an escapee member. Rancho CA looks good. waiting to hear back. thanks, looking for about 3 mos, till the cool breeze stops at the other coast.
Old 12-02-2017, 07:02 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Lake Skinner is a Riverside county campground. Full hookups, not a resort, quiet during the week.
Soniccruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 07:34 PM   #11

Can't beat Chula Vista RV Park with the marina. One of our best California RV parks.
tom chelbana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 08:01 PM   #12

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We stayed west of San Diego at Los Coaches, near Alpine. Very nice and has room for a big rig. We really liked it.
inlineskater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 06:30 AM   #13
Rd1

Chula vista is pretty good. However, would rather not be close to the BIG lake!!!. Last year I stayed at oceanside right by the beach. it was nice, but the salty breeze does damage staying around for more than a few weeks.
Old 12-03-2017, 10:49 AM   #14

We stayed at Santee Lakes. Very nice and a short hop to San Diego.

Tags
campground