Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-19-2007, 06:57 AM   #1

I'm going to be at Newmar for Jan. 7th for a breif service. Who else is going to be there? I probably will not be staying over on the Monday the 7th as the service should only take a few hours, but will be in the day before or earlier if weather dictates.

Peter
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-19-2007, 06:57 AM   #2

I'm going to be at Newmar for Jan. 7th for a breif service. Who else is going to be there? I probably will not be staying over on the Monday the 7th as the service should only take a few hours, but will be in the day before or earlier if weather dictates.

Peter
Old 11-19-2007, 07:12 AM   #3
cwg

Peter

You are a brave man! After Bob's experiences with the weather last year, I hope you are able to avoid the snow and ice. Of course, good service is worth it. I was there the week before Christmas last year to get some problems ironed out and I lucked out on good weather.

Get on down to Florida and we will see you there.
cwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 04:28 AM   #4

Hello Peter,

Since you are going to stick your neck in the "snow noose" you may want gamble and travel to Spartan for the latest fan assembly upgrade. Everything is new - clutch, shaft, gear box and fan blade - and the result is NO vibration.

Walmart has tire chains for your coach just in case! Travel gently, we'll save some sunshine for you. Only 82 today.

Un-numbered Amigo
Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 06:48 PM   #5

Hi Peter! I guess the third of the 3 Stooges has to pipe in. Are you crazy. You should be in Florida by then. We need the Mix Master!! Anyway get the new update. You don't want the Three Stooges (John, Chuck, Paul) to have one up on you. paul
Old 11-22-2007, 01:15 AM   #6
Administrator Emeritus

Camp Newmar in January?

I'm thinking Cherie better check your pill box as you're either on something or NEED to be!!

Not this guy old friend....Stop at North Trail and say hello to the Pearl before ya head east on FL 80.....Check out the new desk/dinette that Irv Kaufman did.

Me? I'm over here in paradise....watching the sun rise over the Ocean every morning as I walk my five miles a day.

Tell the boys at high line hello for me...
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 02:55 AM   #7

It would appear that Napanee has nothing on Newmarket today. It's 26 F. here with snow and ice pellets falling. 6" of snow is already down with another 2 or 3 predicted. The wind also is howling. Hmmmmmm........maybe I should of winterized. What if the HydroHot fails? 105 gallons of ice!

Bob, By the way I quit smoking in July, but your comment may indicate I gave up smoking cigarettes and took up something stronger.

Paul, I think I am crazy when I gaze out at the Siberia like weather that has now surrounded my coach. Shoot me! This isn't good.
Well I will be there the second week of the new year and for the Curly, Larry and Moe trip too. Are you in Florida now, Paul?

Peter
Old 11-22-2007, 10:13 AM   #8

Yes Peter!! Is is down right "Nasty" here in the 'Great White North' to-day!! What with the North wind and snow.

Just came in from plowing driveway, The coach looks VERY cold with the snow and ice hanging off it!!!!
Hopefully Jan 4-7 will be Sunny with Dry pavement for your trip to Napanee

Rick
Old 11-22-2007, 10:25 AM   #9

Rick, Thanks, it will have to be better than this. I will watch the weather and can leave as early as needed to beat the weather and just hang out in Napanee if required.

Paul, I don't know about the Mix Master, but the Mixoligist is on his way soon.

Peter
Old 11-22-2007, 03:30 PM   #10
Administrator Emeritus

Have a new blender and new bar and stools here at the house.....Just need butts in the bar stools,but I think Paul will be here this weekend!!

I'm certain Jill and Paul will give a full report...

OUCH!!! On edit I just saw the Cowpokes beat the Jets 34-3 so I'm thinking Paul will REALLY NEED to belly up to the bar !!!!
Old 11-22-2007, 04:19 PM   #11
cwg

And to think he left Naples, drove to Dallas for the game, and now will return to Florida. Ouch! He is one dedicated fan and tailgater. But as he said, the Jets were there to learn about playing football.
cwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 06:08 PM   #12
Administrator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cwg:
And to think he left Naples, drove to Dallas for the game, and now will return to Florida. Ouch! He is one dedicated fan and tailgater. But as he said, the Jets were there to learn about playing football. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well.....it sure looks like they got a lesson!
Old 11-23-2007, 02:16 AM   #13

Hi Peter

From one ex-smoker to another - CONGRATS.

Just don't throw the matches away, with your weather you may have to start a fire.

Un-numbered Amigo
Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 02:38 AM   #14

Thanks John. It is 12 F. out this morning, the "F" is not only for fahrenheit either. Measuring the snow on the top of my hot tub, I'ld say there is between 7 and 8" of the white crap. At least it has stopped snowing for now anyway. If I do this ever again, promise to shoot me. If it wasn't for Newmar on the 7th of January I would get the coach down to Florida right away.

So Bob, are you a permenent resident of the sunshine state now? I would love to see your house sometime this winter. Are you still using the coach some? Where do you keep the coach, at the house or JB park?

Peter