Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-13-2006, 07:13 PM   #1

The only options we did not order were.

rear trip tek
entertainment fireplace option
security system
power sliding tray

Interior colors are:

Palazzo Cafe
glazed cherry cabinets
ultra leather sofa/dinette
2 pc w/d

question for you Essex drivers????

keeping in mind we live in Colorado, all electric or not???
g_essex is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-13-2006, 07:13 PM   #2

The only options we did not order were.

rear trip tek
entertainment fireplace option
security system
power sliding tray

Interior colors are:

Palazzo Cafe
glazed cherry cabinets
ultra leather sofa/dinette
2 pc w/d

question for you Essex drivers????

keeping in mind we live in Colorado, all electric or not???
Old 11-13-2006, 07:29 PM   #3
Administrator Emeritus

I don't necessarily have any advice over the all electric coach,but I notice you mention not ordering what you're calling the rear trip tek, which has me confused....If you're talking about the PASSENGER side monitor for the navigation,I would understand your choice,but....

If you've decided not to order the REAR supplemental monitor that is actually in the bedroom, let me try and offer my opinion...
I have the bedroom wall mounted touch screen,which does everything the "front overhead mounted" screen does and I like it BETTER than the one in the overhead...It serves as a step saver on one hand,as you can check the tank values,adjust the temperature,check your electric loads and do everything you can do up front,but without having to walk the almost 45 feet everytime you want to access the panel..

I have some friends here at Howard RV that own an '07 Travel Supreme Select Limited and they were drooling over the rear panel..

Please clarify which it is you're speaking of....the extra monitor for the passenger to see the route is purely a personal want/not want...
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 02:21 AM   #4

I'm with Rebelsbeach on the rear touch screen. That's a must have.
I went with the all electric for, among things, the larger frig and additional basement space. Power trays are nice, but perhaps not a must have.
Old 11-14-2006, 09:55 AM   #5
cwg

I was pretty ambivalent about an all electric coach. It appears more and more coaches are becoming all electric by choice, and many for the safety aspect of no propane is important. Now that I have seen how it works, and, as already stated, the extra storage space, etc., I think it really will be the deal.

I was reluctant to give up some of the "dry camping" freedom that propane offers in having a refrig, hot water, and stove without an inverter or generator, but I realized this: how much dry camping does one really do in a 45 ft rig?
cwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 11:35 AM   #6

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I have the bedroom wall mounted touch screen,which does everything the "front overhead mounted" screen does and I like it BETTER than the one in the overhead...It serves as a step saver on one hand,as you can check the tank values,adjust the temperature,check your electric loads and do everything you can do up front,but without having to walk the almost 45 feet everytime you want to access the panel..

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

GOOD GRIEF!! You guys have either or both of the following:

A. Way too much money,
B. Too little exercise

FrontRangeRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 12:02 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
If you go for an Essex go for it all whats a few $1000 here or there.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 03:13 PM   #8

FrontRangerRV, It's one of those things you have to see and experience for yourself. The front located screen is more tech orientated than the rear color touch screen. The rear screen is very user freindly. At about $1500 it's a great option. About the price of four fill ups. If you are paying that kind of money, don't drop short, you will probably regret you did.
Life is short, get what you need and can afford.
Old 11-15-2006, 03:55 AM   #9

The rear touch screen is a must. DW cannot read the front panel as it is too high and not well lit. Also, wish they would put the front sideout buttons in a different place. To keep an eye on the slideouts while holding the buttons takes a contortionist.
Road Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 04:46 AM   #10

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">without having to walk the almost 45 feet everytime you want to access the panel </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry to disagree. It's not 45 feet, it's 90 feet! You have to get back, don't you?

All that walking!
Old 11-15-2006, 04:53 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
And remember it is uphill both ways! One could consider the walking as part of their exersize program.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 05:44 AM   #12

Hey Guys...

Ordered the trip tek also. Thanks for correcting our oversite. When we first looked at the build sheet, I thought it was a standard feature.

I am still toying with the idea all electric "vs" propane, I don't think storage is as much of an issue, it seems as though propane would be a hedge against other potential problems......not sure maybe no big deal

Ernie, Gabi and Max our Sheltie
Old 11-15-2006, 08:19 AM   #13
Administrator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenSherwin:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">without having to walk the almost 45 feet everytime you want to access the panel </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry to disagree. It's not 45 feet, it's 90 feet! You have to get back, don't you?

All that walking! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Leave to our little engineer buddy to come up with that one!!
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 05:24 PM   #14

one more item to think about...

I've read most of the posts about a factory delivery.pros and cons?

Ernie