Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-11-2007, 09:40 AM   #1

Well, here I am in a fricken' snow storm in Iowa and Bob's Black Pearl (with said Bob) is in Florida heat!

I'm at HWH in Moscow. We arrived with snow all over the coach after a drive on snow covered roads north from Branson Mo. to here. My driver's windshield wiper decided to do a 360 and became inoperative during snow and sleet while driving. I was unable to repair as it would require the genset slide to be out. It is not working. I jumped the master and the motor relays with no luck. Anyway, does it not sound more like Bob than me?

Bob, I don't want to hear about the hot weather after freezing my hands off disconnecting the toad. This bites the big one.

Other than that, things are great.

Peter
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-11-2007, 09:40 AM   #2

Well, here I am in a fricken' snow storm in Iowa and Bob's Black Pearl (with said Bob) is in Florida heat!

I'm at HWH in Moscow. We arrived with snow all over the coach after a drive on snow covered roads north from Branson Mo. to here. My driver's windshield wiper decided to do a 360 and became inoperative during snow and sleet while driving. I was unable to repair as it would require the genset slide to be out. It is not working. I jumped the master and the motor relays with no luck. Anyway, does it not sound more like Bob than me?

Bob, I don't want to hear about the hot weather after freezing my hands off disconnecting the toad. This bites the big one.

Other than that, things are great.

Peter
Old 04-11-2007, 10:08 AM   #3

hi Peter. We can offer a bit of moral support. Currently we are in Florala, Al. visiting with our son and family but headed for Iowa as soon as that weather breaks.

Our son told us there is an air show at Eglin this weekend with the Thunder Birds so we may hang out until Sunday, then make the run home.

We left rain in Tampa area yesterday and as we were putting things together on Monday afternoon I was sure it was colder in Florida than in Iowa when we left last fall!!!

The folks at HWH will take good care of you. I can recommend a KOA just west of Moscow on I-80 and a short trip to Iowa City will get you to any number of great restaurants. Also the Coralville mall at about exit 239 if you want to stroll about out of the weather.

Cedar Falls (home) is advertising 5-8" snow thru this evening. We are in no hurry to leave at this time!!

Larry, Cathy

2005 Dodge Durango
Iowa Travelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 10:16 AM   #4

Thanks, Larry. Your info is appreciated except for the 5" to 8" stuff. We don't do snow anymore but apparently that may change. HWH is a mud hole to park.
Next year I'm not heading north until at least May.

Peter
Old 04-11-2007, 12:11 PM   #5
Administrator Emeritus

Hey Peter....I'm doin my best imitiation of playing the thumb violins for ya as I sit here sipping a little cocktail...

Seems we've reversed roles, at least YOU got the pretty girl!!
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 12:26 PM   #6

Sure wish I was there, not here, Bob. I'm also sipping on a cocktail, however mine is just to ward off the cold not enjoy in the tropical surroundings.
Next year, just say no to going north before May. I know I will.

Peter
Old 04-11-2007, 03:03 PM   #7

Well LugNut, we left Ft. Myers on April 1, but since I'm looking out to a possible 6-9 inches of snow, we have all ready decided that it will be May next year. This storm is supposed to clear out by the weekend. We are headed to Nappanee on Monday to pick our DSDP. Soo, I'm hoping it has moved on. Supposed to be sunny and 52 on Mon. in Nappanee. Travel safe.
Old 04-11-2007, 03:39 PM   #8

Thanks, hope your Napanee trip is good. This is just too late a spring for us all. Oh, did I say spring? Perhaps June will bring our spring like weather.

Shoot Me!

Peter
Old 04-11-2007, 03:47 PM   #9

Peter,

For once we're in Las Cruces and the temps are 70-80 but with high winds. Sky's are clear, life is great. No wear on the belts and the coach ran great.

I feel for you with the windshield wipers. Ours took 2 days before they died. And I think the first time we used them. They were fixed in NY, but Newmar insisted on changing the whole assembly in Nappanee last week.

Our genset slide died the same day the windshield wipers died, but after crawling under the coach and wacking the recalcitrant solenoid they perked up. Granted we went through 3 solenoids before they totally shaped up.

I always wondered why you had such great luck with your coach and ours was such a dog. Looks like the tables have turned.
Road Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 03:55 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Hey Peter,

You got it real tough. I'm sittin' here in the vortex of "winter never friggin' ends" looking at 3" of snow still and you're complaining about a little sleet.

I kid you not, we are digging new site pads through snow.

Here's the second smallest violin in the world playing for you. Bob and I now have an orchestra.

By the way, pulled the coach from storage today. I got the fever bad. Anybody want to buy a campground. The weather and the hours are great.
JavaJelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 03:55 PM   #11

Hey Dick, Sh*t happens. Sure wish I was in your neck of the woods with those warm temps. Winds seem to be an issue everywhere this year.

I'm not upset with my current issues, just going to have to sort them out. But, believe me, I'm on top of them. Hope your trip is great, drive safe.

Peter
Old 04-11-2007, 03:59 PM   #12
cwg

I'm just waiting for our selenoid to die and have the same result. I figure most of the bad stuff just flows here a little slower. After having my dash air go out on the way home while in Tennessee, I took the rig it to a service center to have it looked at. After dropping off the coach and making the one hour round trip home, I got a call that it was fixed merely by changing a fuse ( this fuse was not the one high line service advised me would be the problem. No mention of this unmarked fuse). I made the return trip back to pick it up and no sooner than I got on the road it went oot again after I moved the fan controller. So today I went back and dropped it off again. That is just the beginning of my problems that I have to have addressed soon. Next month on to Charlotte to have a 2" ride height discrepency rectified.
cwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 04:23 PM   #13
cwg

Hey Peter,

While you are at HWH, how about asking them for an off the cuff answer as to why some of us are having the jacks "pop" or slip at times?
cwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 04:31 PM   #14

No problem Chuck, I will check it out. Right now it's 8:30 local, 9:30 back on earth, and it's snowing to beat the band. Looks like 2" now with continued white falling.

Beam Me Up Scotty! But please not to Buffalo.

Peter