RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-22-2017, 04:58 PM   #1

Sony TV's

HELP... 2015 Dutch Star has 4 TV's, using one remote will turn on all the tv's. I've tried tricking the little devils to just turn on one tv at a time but I have given up trying. Will welcome greatly needed fix.
Thanks

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-22-2017, 07:00 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
sony TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry bies View Post
HELP... 2015 Dutch Star has 4 TV's, using one remote will turn on all the tv's. I've tried tricking the little devils to just turn on one tv at a time but I have given up trying. Will welcome greatly needed fix.
Thanks
We have the same problem, we unplug the outside TV to keep it from going on.

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
garybtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 08:53 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
you have all of the same type tv... so therefore the same remote works all of them and the remotes are probably RF (Radio Frequency) if it controls all at once...

if you can, change the remotes from RF to IR so that it is only line of sight to control one tv at a time... (you might have to change tv settings too)

worst case scenario, go buy a universal remote that can do IR...

good luck !
Old 06-22-2017, 08:53 PM   #4

I have 4 TV's also but the only 2 that come on at the same time are the 2 front TV's . The outside and bedroom TV's have never come on when turning on the living room TV's . Maybe call Newmar CS and have them help out.
David D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 10:25 PM   #5
RV Nut

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by David D. View Post
I have 4 TV's also but the only 2 that come on at the same time are the 2 front TV's . The outside and bedroom TV's have never come on when turning on the living room TV's . Maybe call Newmar CS and have them help out.

IR vs. RF remotes are not the issue. It was dumb of Newmar to put 3 or 4 of the same brand TV's within several feet of each other. There is really nothing to be done other than to turn on the TV's manually with the power button behind the left edge of each TV. With only one TV on at a time, you'll be driven crazy far less.

2015 Newmar Ventana 4037 - All Electric
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon TOAD
newmarpusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 08:12 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmarpusher View Post
IR vs. RF remotes are not the issue. It was dumb of Newmar to put 3 or 4 of the same brand TV's within several feet of each other. There is really nothing to be done other than to turn on the TV's manually with the power button behind the left edge of each TV. With only one TV on at a time, you'll be driven crazy far less.
Yup ...turn on manually and then control channels/volume/etc with the remote.
Old 06-23-2017, 08:44 AM   #7

Go to Harbor Freight and get a set of remote control for electric plugs. I bought a set of four in a package and the remote. They are not expensive. You plug the module into the wall plug and then the set into that. I have one on my sat. box, the front TV, the one on the televator TV, and the outside TV. Turn off the ones you don't want. No more problem.

WIngell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 08:48 AM   #8

I replaced my front TV with a bigger Vizio. No problems now.
Algoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 02:56 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Hi - Our current coach has LG TVs but the same issue. If you partially cover the signal receiver on the TV it will be less sensitive and not turn on/ change channels etc. when you are intending to have the remote work a different TV. A small piece of masking tape does the job. Likely to work on your Sony as well.

Tom
Ricci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 08:07 PM   #10

My two front Vizios do the same thing...but, if I hold the power switch for 5 seconds (hard power-off) that TV no longer powers on with remote, at least for awhile. It will eventually resume responding. I don't know what total solution will involve other than physically blocking the IR port.
bobsharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 02:21 PM   #11
JC2

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Has anyone called the Vizio people for their input on a possible solution?
Old 06-24-2017, 04:13 PM   #12
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
I've been doing what "WIngell" does for a couple of years. I bought the Stanley brand remote switch plugs from Harbor Freight. They worked well for a year or so, but then started having issues. I replaced them with a better set from Amazon.

I have one on the televator TV, outside TV and microwave. I like to turn my microwave off when the coach is stored. We watch our TV over the windshield 95% of the time, so I leave the large TV on the televator off. The plug to the outside TV is waaaay under my sink, so I used one of those grabbers on a pole to install that one. I mounted the remote control, with Velcro, on the inside of the cabinet door, to the left of the microwave.

I was watching late one night and kept hearing an echo. I finally turned the volume down on the inside TV to find out the outside TV was and blaring. I'm sure the people next to us appreciated it.

No more issues with TV's coming on when I don't want them on.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 07:16 PM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
My experience with Sony tvs switching on by themselves wasn't related to the remote. It was because they were set to auto switch on when they sensed an hdmi connection. Go thru the setting on each tv and turn off anything to do with Bravia sync.
Old 06-25-2017, 01:30 PM   #14

A BIG THANKS to all who responded and read Sony tv post. MRCOSIA had it right on. Give it a try ,it worked for mine. Do all 4 tv's in the setting menu/peferance and turn off all Bravia Sinc .