Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-03-2020, 02:42 PM   #1

Soon to be 2019 New Aire owner

Hello Forum!
My wife ad I recently sold our 2017 Airstream Interstate Grand Tour in order to move up in ability to stay out longer. After ALOT of research, much of which are in this Forum, we have settled on a "new" 2019 New Aire from a dealership. Some of the research has raised some red flags but I hope that I can find a good one as there are several "new" 2019's scattered around within 1500 or so miles from Seattle where we live ranging from $285 to $300k so the initial depreciation will give me some loss relief.
All that being said, I think that an aftermarket warranty may be a part of my plan. I think that it will add to resale value 3-4 years down the road and some security if we make the correct choice,
The plan is to make these arrangements OUTSIDE of the deal with the dealership. So far I have got quote from Good Sam for 6 years, for $6300 with $1000 deductible thinking that it will be pretty much about catastrophic coverage as opposed to small issues.
Any advice to this regard would be greatly appreciated as I will be probably making a deal this coming week.
MVnewaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-03-2020, 03:25 PM   #2

Which model 33 or 35 footer. I like the 35 because of the 450 Cummins and engine brake. I have seen the 33's everywhere online for sale

2014 Tiffin Allegro Bus 37AP
1doodadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 03:43 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Check Wholesale Warranties in California!
Had one on my 2004 Mountain Aire, never used it, got about 80% refund.
That said, a couple of the RV Service shops in the area say Wholesale Warranties are good about coverage & paying the RV Service shop!
Good Luck!
Jabber Jaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 03:56 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I'm down on aftermarket warrantees. i bought one for our current motorhome and in the past two years tried once to use the warrantee for a repair. They would not cover the entire cost of the repair and I was also required to pay a deductible. The repair was small so I did it myself. I did buy the warrantee at the dealership and it was about $1000 per year for 4 years. So far, not worth the expense.
Rodg495 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 04:08 PM   #5
NXR

What does "new" mean? Never titled?

If so, I'd hold off until the last two months of the factory warranty before buying a third-party service contract.

It's always cheaper when the RV is still covered by the manufacturer warranty and you should not need an inspection then.

Otherwise you may be wasting a year of coverage because the manufacturer warranty will always apply first.

Also remember that many components like air conditioners usually have a multi-year warranty. In Year 2 a third-party warranty may only cover labor.

I'm still in warranty but I did buy the Wholesale Warranties tire and wheel service contract. Seven years for less than $600. If I pop one tire from a road hazard I'm ahead of the game.

Ray
Old 05-03-2020, 04:31 PM   #6

Thank you for a the responses! We are getting a never registered 2019 New Aire with a "New" Coach Factory Warranty, probably the 3341(but not for sure yet) because the wife likes the fridge directly behind the sink area. I like getting a $400k Coach for $100k + off MSRP. The build sheets that I am looking at are all a over $425,000 (not that they actually sell at that price) and all are pretty much loaded up with the best options.
Good advice on kicking warranty down the road. I am probably going to be a PITA for which ever dealership wins my business as I will not be allowing them any extra profit from after market warranties and financing games. Likely, I will make my deal down to a purchase order, send a deposit subject to inspection, fly down and drive home.
I am a car nut and left brain wants the 450HP Big Block but I really want to pay cash and the extra $150k stretches that a little thin for this adventure. If I tow, I will go light, 2 door jeep max.
Old 05-03-2020, 06:51 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome to the forum.
2018 was the year the New Aire came out and being a new coach had many problems, since that year there have been many happy owners of late.
In this link you will find all the problem New Aire 2018's and problems corrected and modified by the owners of these coach's, what ever they did will work for any latest NA.
One of the three write up by Idelup is pretty through and in detail, the other two are also and some good explanations of features used.
Good luck in your up and coming Newmar and safe travels when you do.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 07:26 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
I’ve been watching these pretty closely for over a year and dealers that want to sell their left over 2019’s are asking around 68-69% of MSRP. That’s a good starting point; I’m shooting for no more than 65%. We’ll see. I’m not a big fan of purchasing vehicle warranties, but I agree with something like this it’s a good idea. I also like the idea of kicking that down the road for about 10 months. If you haven’t already done so, check out the 41 at Midway. It’s a good case in point.
R.Wold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 09:02 AM   #9

OUTSTANDING INFORMATION!!
Among other changes for 2019, the "Oasis" heating unit was replaced/upgraded to the "Oasis Chinook" System. Does anyone know what the difference is?
One of the 2019's I am looking at still has the 2018 Oasis System and I would like to know what to think about that.

You guys are THE BEST!

Brian
Old 05-04-2020, 09:16 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
The 3341 at Midway (Grand Rapids) is loaded with all the expensive options, and all appliances. Don’t know about these Oasis units - most are trouble free and some are nothing but problems. Another good reason for a warranty. I like the 3341 because of the kitchen arrangement you mentioned and also the walk through bathroom provides a bigger private bedroom suit when closed off at the front of the bathroom. I’m waiting for more info on the 2021 models before making a decision, but this 3341 would work nicely for me otherwise.
Old 05-04-2020, 09:29 AM   #11

Just spoke with Newmar Customer Service, looks like (reading between the lines), if I buy out of State I may become a red headed step child to my local dealer. Has anyone experienced this?
My local Dealer (Fife WA) does not have a NA in inventory so, am I screwed?
Old 05-04-2020, 09:49 AM   #12

Wholesale Warranties paid out over $13,000 for out of Newmar warranty items. They approved the multiple repairs in days. My cost $200 deductible and shipping. My coach is a 2018 New Aire. 3341.
Charlievette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 09:50 AM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Just spoke with Newmar Customer Service, looks like (reading between the lines), if I buy out of State I may become a red headed step child to my local dealer
I wouldn’t let worries like that that slow me down. If I’m ordering new, I’ll give the closest dealer first shot, but I won’t pay 20-30k for the privilege of buying locally. If buying off the lot and the local dealer doesn’t have what I want, it’s a non-issue. So I won’t factor such possibilities into my decision. So far I’ve had nothing but positive experiences with Newmar at the dealer and at Nappanee. I did walk away from one dealership down south because of salesman conduct, but that’s a different issue.
Old 05-04-2020, 10:04 AM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlievette View Post
Wholesale Warranties paid out over $13,000 for out of Newmar warranty items. They approved the multiple repairs in days. My cost $200 deductible and shipping. My coach is a 2018 New Aire. 3341.
Would you mind listing the major issues? Thanks

Tags
air