Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-22-2022, 06:09 PM   #1

Spartan/Run Flat Protection

Just received an email from Spartan that it is starting a line of aftermarket rv parts called Red Diamond. One offering seems to be analogous to NIRVC’s Rettrobands. Looks like you may have to go to the factory in Michigan for installation. No prices listed.

https://reddiamondparts.com/runflat/
gweiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-22-2022, 08:00 PM   #2

Received same email. Also a tire inflation system, not how that would work with central tire inflation wheels.

Edit: read details it’s a system that doubles the onboard air allowing for faster tire inflation. Pricing will be interesting.
AZRVR17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 08:18 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gweiner View Post
Just received an email from Spartan that it is starting a line of aftermarket rv parts called Red Diamond. One offering seems to be analogous to NIRVC’s Rettrobands. Looks like you may have to go to the factory in Michigan for installation. No prices listed.

https://reddiamondparts.com/runflat/
I had the red Diamond run flat system installed in March at Spartan. It’s made by Hendricks. The two run flats were 3,780, plus 580 for install. Been very happy with them. While I was there I had them add the red Diamond levelling system, which has also been flawless.
Mighty_J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 08:13 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Sorry / just need to correct myself. Hutchinson is the name of manufacturer of the run flat protection, not Hendricks. Apologies. I went out and looked at the coach and they’ve put stickers on the rims to warn anyone whose changing the tires.
Old 06-25-2022, 01:39 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty_J View Post
Sorry / just need to correct myself. Hutchinson is the name of manufacturer of the run flat protection, not Hendricks. Apologies. I went out and looked at the coach and they’ve put stickers on the rims to warn anyone whose changing the tires.
Hutchinson is a defense contractor that builds very high-quality products. They supply the US military with run-flat wheels. I have their two-piece double beadlock wheels on my off-road Jeep Gladiator pickup.

What was the installed price of the air leveling system?
yblaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 05:24 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by yblaw View Post
Hutchinson is a defense contractor that builds very high-quality products. They supply the US military with run-flat wheels. I have their two-piece double beadlock wheels on my off-road Jeep Gladiator pickup.

What was the installed price of the air leveling system?
For the levelling, parts were 4485.80. Labour was 2175.00.

As for the run flats, I felt the same way when I looked into them.
Old 06-26-2022, 04:01 PM   #7

What did they change out when the air leveling enhancements were done. I spoke with HWH about upgrading the active air and that was around 11k

2016 Newmar London Aire
Burgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 10:41 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgy View Post
What did they change out when the air leveling enhancements were done. I spoke with HWH about upgrading the active air and that was around 11k
There’s 2 versions of the red Diamond air levelling - level 1 (which I was limited to because of my front axle) is not active air. It allows for stationary air levelling and for manual ride height control (raise and lower the coach while driving at low speeds to help with departure angles or low hanging items). For level 1, they install an auxiliary compressor, valves, control module and a digital control panel. It utilizes the current air bags.

Level 2, if I recall correctly, is more automatic levelling while the coach is in motion. I moved on pretty quickly once they ruled it out as an option for my coach, so I didn’t get into it. Lol

I will say it is fast to level and once level you can lower (or raise) the whole coach or you can lower the whole coach then level. We have not used the hydraulic jacks since the install in March and have used it on some pretty sloped sites with great success. I don’t notice much coach movement with walking around the RV.
Old 06-27-2022, 08:45 AM   #9

I just had the Red Diamond Run Flat system installed two weeks ago while attending Spartan Academy. Same price as listed in earlier post of this thread. I liked the system better than the other guys as the active rotation of the outer piece seems to make more sense. It gives me a little more comfort knowing I have a few extra seconds or minutes to keep the coach under control and get it slowed down and stop off the main road. Cheap Insurance is my thought.
As for the tire inflation system, it is an air doubler. Cost is like $475 plus $100 to install. They were installing them in the front next to the generator where they could tap into the air system. The princible advantage is it doubles the output volume of the engine compressor to fill up tires quicker. Rated for 150lbs if I remember right. Several guys from the class jumped on it, but I already have a 12Volt pump I can use. I did not like the fact you had to have the engine on the coach running to use the coach air. It takes me a good 10 to 15 minutes to check and adjust PSI on all my tires, which means I would have to have the coach idling that long. It does save on space some, but you still need an airline to reach around to all your tires.
lrwinddancer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
spartan