Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-08-2003, 05:13 AM   #1

Hi Guys,

Would like to know if anyone has installed supplemental speakers with there front tv? I find the stock speakers in my 2002 DutchStar 3852 to be somewhat lacking when the generator is on! I do not have surround sound but I am looking to install some additional speakers if possible? How hard or easy of a job would that be? Perhaps a surround sound system could be added? I am not real audio oriented so any and all help would be greatly appreciated. I would love to be able to bring the coach somewhere to have something installed if possible? Any suggestions in the Naples,Fl area? I could travel if necessary!

Clint
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-08-2003, 05:13 AM   #2

Hi Guys,

Would like to know if anyone has installed supplemental speakers with there front tv? I find the stock speakers in my 2002 DutchStar 3852 to be somewhat lacking when the generator is on! I do not have surround sound but I am looking to install some additional speakers if possible? How hard or easy of a job would that be? Perhaps a surround sound system could be added? I am not real audio oriented so any and all help would be greatly appreciated. I would love to be able to bring the coach somewhere to have something installed if possible? Any suggestions in the Naples,Fl area? I could travel if necessary!

Clint
Old 02-08-2003, 03:19 PM   #3

Don't know about adding speakers but I solved my problem long b/4 they came out with the Sony TV's in the 03's. I took the RCA out and put a Sony 24 inch flat screen in my 01 and it was a good fit. I had to make a small panel to fill the top space but what a difference. I will have nothing but a flat screen from now on. I talked to the factory about my finding/corrective actions about a year b/4 the 03's came out. Did they steal my idea or was it already on the drawing board??

2001 Dutch Star DSSP 4095 40 footer 2 slides
1998 Jeep Wrangler

soon to be:

2003 Ford F350 XLT SC DRW 6.0 diesle
2003 Carri-Lite Extreme 5 (5 slides)

Fulltimin n lovin it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2003, 07:36 AM   #4

We also were unhappy with the 27" RCA TV in our 2001 DSDP and put in a 24" Sony. There was enough room above the TV to add a Sony DVD. I also installed a Sony Reciever where the VCR was and added a Sony 5 speaker surround sound system. What a difference. We now have a first class home theater system.

Jack Hoagland
2001 DSDP
Stockton Ca.

s
Jack H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 07:22 AM   #5
PIA

Ok, the ideas are sounding great...but does anyone have photos to share? I want to do the same thing, but I am really confused on how to make it work...Most flat panels need to be installed from the rear, but the rear of the TV box (windshiled side) has a metal screen attatched to a frame. The frame does not remove easily, and from inside of the TV box. So if I remove that, how do I put it back?? Really frustrated...