Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-26-2006, 05:22 AM   #1

Hi! Albert from Summit Products called me today. (http://www.summit-products.com/) His company will be at the Tampa show and in the area for about a week. He will be doing kick plates and he will also be doing full installs of his stainless line. We will be doing stainless the length of our coach. I would love to hear from Peter and others as to what size and areas they would advise to do. Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Paul
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-26-2006, 05:22 AM   #2

Hi! Albert from Summit Products called me today. (http://www.summit-products.com/) His company will be at the Tampa show and in the area for about a week. He will be doing kick plates and he will also be doing full installs of his stainless line. We will be doing stainless the length of our coach. I would love to hear from Peter and others as to what size and areas they would advise to do. Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Paul
Old 12-26-2006, 08:36 AM   #3

Paul, I think mine is 10", that includes the wrap around. I also had all the risers inside and out done. Additionally I had the bottom of the door inside done and a piece in the indent on the front bumper. Albert's stainless is 18 guage and is laser polished. It really is great for not getting dirty or any water marks.
Paul, check if Albert has done a '07 MADP so he will know what the spec's were so he can pre-make them at his shop.
I had mine done maintaining a horizonal line from front to back excluding the entrance which is fully done. I am very pleased with the look.

Peter
Old 12-26-2006, 02:11 PM   #4
cwg

Peter,
I was able to see your coach when Albert sent me the photos of various jobs he had done. I like the way yours stays on the horizontal plane without the uplift at the rear of the coach. Very nice touch.

I can't wait for the kickplates to be done in stainless. Some of my friends put them on themselves after Summit mailed them the materials. Many of the items are merely put on by double-sided tape. Unfortunately, I did not plan on bringing my rig to Tampa-- think I will leave it in Ft. Myers and make a trip out to Iowa and visit Summit there.
cwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 03:40 PM   #5

Charlie, Probably a good choice. They do such neat work in Jonhston you will love it. Edward's people are very professionable and the work is top notch.
Old 12-27-2006, 03:44 AM   #6
Administrator Emeritus

This is one of the pics that Summit sent me and what I am leaning toward doing....we ALL can't look alike now can we?

rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 03:53 AM   #7

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I had mine done maintaining a horizonal line from front to back excluding the entrance which is fully done. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hi Peter! Thanks for the suggestion. As usual it is a great one. We are going to do the same idea. We are going to use the 10" Ribbed Polish Stainless front to back. We are also going to do the battery vents and the radiator vents. We are also going to do the step kick plates inside and out. They are able to do the entire thing in Tampa. They are going to try to do it while we are at the NKK Florida Pelicans Rally at Lazy Days before the show. Paul
Old 12-27-2006, 04:00 AM   #8
Administrator Emeritus

Here's what my other side will look like...

Old 12-27-2006, 04:03 AM   #9
Administrator Emeritus

I'm not certain about the step kick plate INSIDE the coach,as I do put that up from time to time and wondered about whether it'd be slippery...

Old 12-27-2006, 05:09 AM   #10

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'm not certain about the step kick plate INSIDE the coach,as I do put that up from time to time and wondered about whether it'd be slippery... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hi Bob! I would be glad to provide a JETS doormat to put over it. Paul
Old 12-27-2006, 05:12 AM   #11

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Here's what my other side will look like... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hi Bob! Sorry I missed this on the last post. Your second pic is the stainless with the ribs. The first pic is without the ribs and the stainless following the curves of the coach (not like what Peter did), or were you just showing how the vents get done? Paul
Old 12-27-2006, 05:33 AM   #12
Administrator Emeritus

Paul, I was just showing the vents,which I think I've really "warmed" to...
I will follow the contour I think,as the pic with the lady standing next to her coach and I'm planning NOT to have ribs in the stainless.

I get enough "ribbing" here to more than make up for it...

Interesting that you mention "doormat" and "Jets" in the same sentence...a freudian slip?
Old 12-27-2006, 05:40 AM   #13

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Interesting that you mention "doormat" and "Jets" in the same sentence...a freudian slip? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hi Bob! That's a GOOD ONE Are you going to have your coach done in Tampa? Paul
Old 12-27-2006, 10:25 AM   #14
Administrator Emeritus

I need to get with Summit today I'm sure...

Just got home from taking care of several things and will get right on it.