Start of a generator problem?
Went and visited by rig today..haven't started generator in about 4-5 weeks....Took forever to start..almost gave up. details..
1.8.0k ONAN with diesel...low hours..less than 300
2. Heard the usual clicking sound prior to starter motor engaging....but starter motor never engaged. I don't know if the clicking is the preheater or the fuel pump?...
3. After 2-3 20 second attempts..it burped once..and I let go of the switch and it never really got running..
4. After an additional 2-3 attempts..it started...ran fine.
5. After 30 minutes or so..shut it down..and restarted it..started instantly.
6. Once the starter motor starts to turn..the unit starts instantly
It has been chilly here..but not really cold..40 at night..65 in the day. I suspect I have a problem...intend to go back in a few days and try again.
Any thoughts, suggestions...?? Thanks.
Jay, Lee, Lucy(Jack Russell Terrorist)& Marley(Lucy's buddy)
2010 Dutch Star 4010
Harley on a hydralift/jeep behind