Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-23-2005, 05:23 AM   #1

We purchased an 05 Dutch Star in April and immediately hit the road. We have a few items that need attention. However, every service center we called was book up months in advance. We are across th country from our home where we purchased the unit. We'll be able to get repairs done in August but in the mean time I thought some of you might have some experience that would help us.

The latch on the rolling storage tray under the motor home does not pull the bolt up high enough to let the tray slide out. I can usually get it open with some effort by pulling up on the bolt and the release at the same time. Then I block it from the other side while I'm parked so that it doesn't latch again.

That works but there has to be a better solution. Can anyone help?

The other minor problem I have is with the over flow on the water tank. If you fill it up to the point where it over flows a quarter to half a tank of water siphons out before it stops. This isn't a huge problem but occasionally we go to biker rally's where there are no water and electrical hook ups.

I've read through many of the posts here and found them very helpful and interesting. Thanks to all of you for your input.

Michael
Vegascpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-23-2005, 05:23 AM   #2

We purchased an 05 Dutch Star in April and immediately hit the road. We have a few items that need attention. However, every service center we called was book up months in advance. We are across th country from our home where we purchased the unit. We'll be able to get repairs done in August but in the mean time I thought some of you might have some experience that would help us.

The latch on the rolling storage tray under the motor home does not pull the bolt up high enough to let the tray slide out. I can usually get it open with some effort by pulling up on the bolt and the release at the same time. Then I block it from the other side while I'm parked so that it doesn't latch again.

That works but there has to be a better solution. Can anyone help?

The other minor problem I have is with the over flow on the water tank. If you fill it up to the point where it over flows a quarter to half a tank of water siphons out before it stops. This isn't a huge problem but occasionally we go to biker rally's where there are no water and electrical hook ups.

I've read through many of the posts here and found them very helpful and interesting. Thanks to all of you for your input.

Michael
Vegascpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 08:35 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Michael
We have experienced the same problem while travelling. The Newmar dealers were booked up weeks and even months ahead. It really ticks me when they just laugh at you when you ask if they could look at the RV within the next few days. I guess its just a joke to them. We had set up an appointment weeks ahead for some repairs in Baton Rouge, LA and when we got there they did not have time for anythying. They HIDE my MH for 4 hours thinking I would not see it and believe they were working on it. On dealer told me they did not do any warranty work on Newmar products unless they sold the unit. So I have resigned myself to live with most of the problems on our 2004 Scottsdale unit till we get back home. The rest I had repaired and sent in the invoices to newmar for re-imbursement. I am glad I have a Newmar product that does not need very many repairs.

On a bright note though, we has the starter go on our Gererac generator. The Generac dealer and Generac were great.
Good Luck and Happy Travels
Dave Killey is offline   Reply With Quote