RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-02-2017, 06:21 PM   #1

Storage questions --- WINTERIZE

Unfortunately it is getting close to the time of year that I have to put my Coach away for the winter.

Keep waiting for the year I can head south for the winter, but we're not there yet.

This is the first year for storing this coach.

I understand the winterizing of the water system from having trailers, had a black flush on that trailer, so I'll remember that part too. Washing machine is the only new item to learn about, no dishwasher or ice maker

As for other stuff

When I park it, should I dump the air and put it on the HWH jacks? or just park it.

Parking on gravel, tires will be covered, should I put anything between tires and gravel?

Should I take all batteries out, coach and chassis? or is the solar charger enough to keep the cold from killing the chassis batteries?
I used to remove battery on TT and put it on a smart charger in basement at home. Can do same with coach batteries.

We used to put dryer sheets throughout the trailer and never had an issue with mice, so plan on doing the same thing.

Was hoping to leave all the camping gear in the coach.

Was going to top up the fuel and propane. Is there a recommended additive for Diesel fuel when it is stored

Any advice is appreciated, still got a few weeks and a couple of short trips.

Thanks

Dougjpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-02-2017, 08:07 PM   #2

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I've read the tires should be parked fully inflated on a dry surface. Even though it'll be on gravel if the site is low and the gravel remains wet I'd park it on a 2x? to keep them high and dry.

For long term storage I always remove the batteries then store them connected to a smart charger. Has always worked for me.

My son-in-law tried dryer sheets but they didn't work for him. The previous owner of my trailer stored it in a barn year round. He stuffed steel wool into any little opening the mice might try to chew through to gain entry but he never had any mice. Looking through the coach I couldn't find any evidence they got in so his method apparently worked. I'd also remove ALL food or any pans that might have a food odor on them. This would include a bbq.

A diesel fuel stabilizer probably wouldn't hurt. Consult your engine manual first though.

Old 10-03-2017, 09:18 AM   #3
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Winterizing your MH.

IF YOU HAVE MICE problems use wire spring traps and bait with peanut butter place through out coach, near engine wiring,fridge and GEN, sure to take care of them.
Will need to check at times they use paper for nests smells nice.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
storage, winter