Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-23-2019, 03:04 PM   #561

Ford Super Duty Owner
Not sure, somebody else may have suggested this.....

Newmar should build a Mercedes Class C !

The upper end of the market would support a really great build.
Jacjetlag is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-23-2019, 03:11 PM   #562

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacjetlag View Post
Not sure, somebody else may have suggested this.....

Newmar should build a Mercedes Class C !

The upper end of the market would support a really great build.
LTV already builds a higher end that sells in the 150K range. How many do you think would pay more for a 24' coach? And, the diesel engine's days are numbered so I doubt any manufacturer would want to spend a lot of research on the MB.
Old 01-23-2019, 08:31 PM   #563

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
I suggest a complete redesign of the drivers area. There is too much reach (for me at least) to get to rocker switches, screens such as the nav/audio system (two screens to the right). Good thing I use my Garmin but to fiddle with the radio is a lean and distraction from driving.

I suggest a more curved cockpit surrounding the driver. The passenger/copilot doesn't need to see or interact with the driver's screens, in some coaches they have their own to work with. Maybe push a button and the captains chair auto swivels towards the door, sit in it and it locks forward for driving. Have all screens and switches within easy arms reach.
NealC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 06:27 AM   #564

I would really like to see them add a connection for rinsing the gray water tank, like we have on the sewage tank. -Paul
Old 01-24-2019, 06:36 AM   #565

Newmar Owners Club
If this hasn't been mentioned already, I would like to see conduit runs for A/V equipment and for solar preps so new wiring and cables can easily be pulled as technology advances.
2022 F350 DRW King Ranch 4 x 4
Scottybdivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 06:56 AM   #566

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PandS View Post
I would really like to see them add a connection for rinsing the gray water tank, like we have on the sewage tank. -Paul

This is a good one[emoji1303]
Entegra 2025 Cornerstone 45D on order
Stuart W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 07:19 AM   #567

Quote:
Can be a Special.
Canuck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 07:36 AM   #568

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electra 225 View Post
Field testing in other words.
It would save a lot of trouble and money in the end me thinks.

I have heard in the past that the Miller family does use the coaches themselves. How many models is unknown. Couldn't be all of them obviously. Anyway, that's what I heard, and I believe they do.
2 years ago I was staying at Mountaindale RV Resort just outside Colorado Springs. The owner and I were talking about my Newmar when he mentioned every year for quite some time now the Miller family stays there in one of their in a new high end rig.
walkerhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 09:24 AM   #569

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVRon View Post
How about some more black and gray tankage instead of the ridiculous ones we have now. 2 macerator toilets plus 3 people equals 3 days per dump. Sheez.
Let me understand this. You prefer "POOP MOUNDS" and full chunky hunks of tissue to accumulate in your tank and interfere with level sensors versus completely macerated "LIQUID" to flow out the stinky slinky, HUH?

Think it through. You can remove the 2nd offending macerator and keep it as a spare.

How about shutting off the water pump and use a coffee cup of water to flush and save on tank filling?
Nadge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 10:19 AM   #570

Quote:

They do provide both of those on the New Aire, AR least my 2019 has both grey and black rinse connections.
Old 01-25-2019, 04:45 AM   #571

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Agree Plus

Quote:
I just had a grey tank rinse added to my 2007 Dutch Star. The amount of odor you can get from the grey tank is enough for me to believe it is a good idea.
I also had a gravity fill added to my fresh water tank. It makes sanitizing the fresh water system much easier. I would add that to the list of improvements they could make.
slowspokes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 05:51 AM   #572

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadge View Post
Let me understand this. You prefer "POOP MOUNDS" and full chunky hunks of tissue to accumulate in your tank and interfere with level sensors versus completely macerated "LIQUID" to flow out the stinky slinky, HUH?

Think it through. You can remove the 2nd offending macerator and keep it as a spare.

How about shutting off the water pump and use a coffee cup of water to flush and save on tank filling?

I would like to learn how this 8 to 12 oz of liquid works with a macerator. It has been my understanding that lack of liquid is a macerators worst enemy. I also would like to see a 60 gallon black tank and would be willing to give up the space for it. Newmar [emoji1301]?
Old 01-25-2019, 06:02 AM   #573

Quote:
Originally Posted by NealC View Post
I suggest a complete redesign of the drivers area. There is too much reach (for me at least) to get to rocker switches, screens such as the nav/audio system (two screens to the right). Good thing I use my Garmin but to fiddle with the radio is a lean and distraction from driving.

I suggest a more curved cockpit surrounding the driver. The passenger/copilot doesn't need to see or interact with the driver's screens, in some coaches they have their own to work with. Maybe push a button and the captains chair auto swivels towards the door, sit in it and it locks forward for driving. Have all screens and switches within easy arms reach.
From looking at the newer dashes, yeah, that looks like a problem.
A fix could be replacing several of the less while driving used switches to be "soft" switches (touchscreen) on the near touchscreen. With the furthest screen not being a touchscreen. But that requires a tighter integration of hardware / software within the RV which is difficult for an OEM that uses parts from a "parts bin" and doesn't engineer all parts to work together cohesively. But, it's something that can be addressed, even from an aftermarket perspective with a bit of investment.
Old 01-25-2019, 07:53 AM   #574

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Suggestions for future Newmar's (Innovative thoughts)

I totally agree!
On my 18 Spartan, the dash has a lot of useful information that requires reaching through the wheel and pushing a bottom 3 feet away (advantage Freight Liner) who thinks this is safe or useful? In addition the engine braking switches on the left behind line of site are also not safe. The good news, my drinks are in clear view[emoji4]

Tags
newmar