Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-07-2020, 04:09 PM   #757

I never understood why this was not done when it is such a simple concept, especially now with LED lights. Our last RV did not have them either so I swapped out the original lights with LED side marker/signal lights in front. A bit more difficult to do in the rear with the way the chassis are wired. I may still do it on our Bay Star in the future.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-07-2020, 05:17 PM   #758

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl II View Post
I never understood why this was not done when it is such a simple concept, especially now with LED lights. Our last RV did not have them either so I swapped out the original lights with LED side marker/signal lights in front. A bit more difficult to do in the rear with the way the chassis are wired. I may still do it on our Bay Star in the future.

What was involved in this? My front side marker lights are in a slide. Did you run an additional wire for the directional signal?

Former owner of a Morgan powered Bennington
knightstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 04:41 PM   #759

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
On the Baystar 3626. it would be nice if some of there were bottom several lower drawers that opened into the coach, so that they would be accessible when the slide is closed.

Not sure if I missed it, but an access panel to access the shower drain on this unit would be greatly helpful.
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 09:18 AM   #760

How about venting the microwave fan to the exterior of the coach rather than onto the ceiling of the coach.
Also ,Is there not a way to close the baggage doors without a body slam, our '15 Allegro Bus doors closed much easier than our '18 MADP
Old 01-09-2020, 11:52 AM   #761

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblessin View Post
How about venting the microwave fan to the exterior of the coach rather than onto the ceiling of the coach.
Also ,Is there not a way to close the baggage doors without a body slam, our '15 Allegro Bus doors closed much easier than our '18 MADP

The baggage compartment is probably more airtight. Option would be to put a 1 way air vent in the floor.
Old 04-29-2020, 07:47 PM   #762

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Well looking at my project list for the MH got me thinking about this thread again. Things that I'd like to see Newmar and others offer (even as options):
  • Water Softner, or at least a water softener hook-up stubs. Also could we have a place in the water bay that could hold a decent sized softener right there.
  • Better headlights
  • A utility bay that is rodent tight. It really wouldn't be hard to engineer a bay that has the hook-ups for water/sewer/electric that then go through a firewall like panel which could be removable. The panel could be removable for access to the stuff behind it for maintenance.
  • Better headlights
  • Give us some decor options. For example, I have a bunk model - why wasn't there an option to get curtains from the factory? I'm sure it would have been more expensive that my DIY, but it's an easy option and a chance to make more $$$.
  • Better headlights
  • An option for the master bed windows to have a lower profile lamberquin that is softer when you bump your head on it. There is no need for it to stick out 3" from the wall down where my pillow is.
  • Better headlights
  • An option for another air conditioner. Allow 3 for the 40' and 4 for the 43' models. Of course the upper line should have 4 standard in a 45'.
  • Better headlights
  • Cup holders. 8 seatbelts - 3 cupholders (2 of which are for the driver). By my count there are 6 missing cupholders.
  • Better headlights
  • Put the air brake knob where it's not so easy to bump w/ your knee - and where your dog can't push against it either. I keep a lock on mine because with 5 kids and a herd of dogs I have seen everything immovable get moved at some point.
  • Better headlights
  • A mounting point for TPMS and Nav system if you run w/ an external system. In my case I use CoPilot on my phone. That is more useful than a flat charging pad.

- Richard
RandDescape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 08:41 PM   #763

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
2nd better headlights
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 09:28 PM   #764

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandDescape View Post
Well looking at my project list for the MH got me thinking about this thread again. Things that I'd like to see Newmar and others offer (even as options):

• Water Softner, or at least a water softener hook-up stubs. Also could we have a place in the water bay that could hold a decent sized softener right there.
  • Better headlights
  • A utility bay that is rodent tight. It really wouldn't be hard to engineer a bay that has the hook-ups for water/sewer/electric that then go through a firewall like panel which could be removable. The panel could be removable for access to the stuff behind it for maintenance.
  • Better headlights
  • Give us some decor options. For example, I have a bunk model - why wasn't there an option to get curtains from the factory? I'm sure it would have been more expensive that my DIY, but it's an easy option and a chance to make more $$$.
  • Better headlights
  • An option for the master bed windows to have a lower profile lamberquin that is softer when you bump your head on it. There is no need for it to stick out 3" from the wall down where my pillow is.
  • Better headlights
  • An option for another air conditioner. Allow 3 for the 40' and 4 for the 43' models. Of course the upper line should have 4 standard in a 45'.
  • Better headlights
  • Cup holders. 8 seatbelts - 3 cupholders (2 of which are for the driver). By my count there are 6 missing cupholders.
  • Better headlights
  • Put the air brake knob where it's not so easy to bump w/ your knee - and where your dog can't push against it either. I keep a lock on mine because with 5 kids and a herd of dogs I have seen everything immovable get moved at some point.
  • Better headlights
  • A mounting point for TPMS and Nav system if you run w/ an external system. In my case I use CoPilot on my phone. That is more useful than a flat charging pad.

- Richard

Better headlights x3
Old 04-30-2020, 07:36 AM   #765

Winnebago Owners Club
LOL - better headlights.

Ours headlights seem to be OK. I think they do not seem as bright because we are sitting higher above them than in a car which we are used to.

We have 4 cupholders 2 of which are the drivers. 1 is enough because my bladder cannot last through the contents of 1 cupholder
Old 04-30-2020, 07:37 PM   #766

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandDescape View Post

• Better headlights
  • Better headlights
  • Better headlights
  • Better headlights
  • Better headlights
  • Better headlights
  • Better headlights

- Richard

Agreed on the headlights. Take a look at your headlights on your coach. There will be a part number. Usually there are replacements or different OEM designs. For example the headlights on the Dutch star through 2018 were from a Chrysler town and country minivan. You can find projector OEM headlights and swap in some HIDs for significant improvement.
kpecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 09:07 PM   #767

Search “New headlights” on this forum for info on replacing the lights, I replaced our low beams and have 5x the light. PM me if you have questions. Pretty easy replacement. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4077.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	157.3 KB
ID:	283684
Breezy2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 09:48 PM   #768

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezy2006 View Post
Search “New headlights” on this forum for info on replacing the lights, I replaced our low beams and have 5x the light. PM me if you have questions. Pretty easy replacement. Attachment 283684

Which bulbs did you use?

2016 DSDP 4369, Freightliner Chassis, AF One brake system, 2016 Chevy Equinox
Tigerfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 04:20 AM   #769

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I bought the new projector housing and it is on the list of projects to complete soonish. Anzo USA 111144 Dodge Nitro G2 Projector Halo Chrome Clear AmberHeadlight Assembly - (Sold in Pairs) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0038AVAR6..._5GZSdAXowSBQu

For those with the prior model Ventana (~2016-2019) the headlights match the Dodge Nitro.

That’s why it was on my mind when I made the list.

- Richard
RandDescape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 04:33 AM   #770

Entegra Owners Club
Add a ceiling fan In the bedroom (like all the competition has). Then I might consider buying a Newmar in the future.
MRUSA14 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
newmar