Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-08-2019, 09:47 AM   #1

Suspension Problem

We have a 2008 Essex on a Spartan K2 chassis. Yesterday we incountered an extremely rough stretch on Interstate 10 coming out of Texas. Our front air bags lost all air and I couldn't imediately stop. After a few anxious minutes, I was finally able to pull over in a construction zone. Our coach is equipped with the Hadley air leveling system. I was able to get the front suspension aired back up using the Hadley system. We traveled about two hundred miles further and after hitting a dip in the road, it happened again. I pulled over and got it aired back up. We reached our destination and as we were arriving, I lost air in the front driver's side air bag. I checked after we were in our campsite, and the bag aired up again. Any Ideas on what is happening? I looked at both front ride height valves and couldn't see anything obvious. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Bill Terry.
bterry123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-08-2019, 10:06 AM   #2

No clue on your problem but we have an 07 Essex on Spartan K2 with the Hadley system and we have never experienced what you mentioned.

For what it is worth.
Old 08-08-2019, 10:14 AM   #3

suspension

I hope it never happens to you. Especially when your going 60 mph on a rough road and you lose all air in the front suspension. You talk about a rough ride.
bterry123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 07:54 PM   #4

I have a 2008 Essex with Hadley Air,, and had the same problem.
1- The emergency fill lines are very small and I found that they leak very bad and wouldn’t hold air. They are a 1/8 inch line and don’t seal well. A very bad emergency fill system.
This caused us to not be able to go far

2- Our problem was a bad Hadley air solenoid on the manifold. I had to remove the manifold,, take out the bad solenoid ,,, then drill and tap broken solenoid bolts. Hadley Air was very helpful in guiding me through my problem
But is was a challenge to do while broke down,,

3. 2 weeks later I replaced it with Active Air

Sorry for any typos,, done on my iPhone
Wschep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 01:52 AM   #5

I read once where a certain coach's air-bags weren't "right" and when the coach encountered steep driveways and such, the bags would just release all their air -- dumping the coach on the ground -- stuck.

This was on a semi-custom RV and I don't recall the eventual solution -- but it was solved -- perhaps with a new and different system.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
WoodyS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
problem, suspension