RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-26-2018, 11:03 AM   #1

Table over gasser engine hatch

For those of you with a gasser, what do you do for a table and storage between the 2 front seats? I know Newmar has one specifically for it, but have any of you made your own?

hogcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-26-2018, 11:27 AM   #2

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
hogcard-

A prior owner of our coach made a platform out of plywood and covered it with some of that short-nap indoor-outdoor carpeting. The platform is about two feet square. He attached it to the doghouse with bolts at the front end. At its rear, there are three bolts that go through small piecs of pipe. The bolt ends for those bolts sit on the doghouse cover, such that the rear end of the platform is not attached to the doghouse, and the platform is level. The "table" has turned out to be very sturdy (I can stand on it when accessing the cabinets above the dash area), and also suitable for maps or books. We put a small plastic open-top organizer on it when we travel, holding our sunglasses, wallets, phones, and drinks.

I removed the plastic piece Monaco installed at the front end of the doghouse; it was useless and in the way.

l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 11:28 AM   #3

I'm not sure what you mean this table would be used for. When I'm driving I want the least amount of districtions so I can pay attention to the road and traffic. I don't want to deal with items on a table. As for storage we've never need any storage between the seats. We have plenty in our overhead compartments. Also having something between the seats would compromise our egressing the cockpit. And last there's a reason they call it the dog house because our female German Shepherd lies there and sleeps while we drive. I do on occasion get a kiss from her so she need access to me .
keger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 03:34 PM   #4

My 2018 Baystar had one of this tables, it takes a lot of muscle to opened and close it (my did) itís only somewhat useful when you are parked, so I removed, much better now it has more room ( itís a $700 Newmar option) in my opinion I donít see added value, so Iím saving it to the next owner.

Zzotte
Old 10-26-2018, 05:42 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
We have the table also. However we use it all the time. Itís a dining table, cocktail table, or a general ďstuffĒ table while we sit in the front seats watching TV. The biggest issue is it seems to be getting nicked up from vibrations while driving.

Bill
FMCA: F482061 | NKK: 22422
We_B_Tripn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 07:13 PM   #6
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
You can maybe get one from this company with it stained with same, as your cabinets.

DOG HOUSE CABINET
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 08:41 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogcard View Post
For those of you with a gasser, what do you do for a table and storage between the 2 front seats? I know Newmar has one specifically for it, but have any of you made your own?

Used a cardboard box approximately 24" x 14" x 4" high from Costco. Covered with some tac paper. Placed the box on top of no slide rubber mesh material used in drawers. Set it in place. It remains in place and doesn't impede getting in or out of seats

Ranger John is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
engine, gas