Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-20-2014, 01:24 PM   #1

Tampa RV

Anyone have any comments about Tampa RV, good or bad? Thanks
MarkieMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-20-2014, 08:36 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
We have attended the Tampa show for the last few years. I really enjoy looking at all the new coaches from all the manufacturers. It helped us decide on what features and options we wanted on our next coach. (Currently on order)
If you enjoy looking at coaches this is the best show that I have found.
We have camped right on the grounds with the Newmar Kountry Klub which is a great way to be able to take your time and look around. No need to fight the traffic etc.
jeff
Old 11-20-2014, 08:54 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
If your talking about the Tampa RV Show you will find here.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 06:19 AM   #4

I assume you are referring to the old Bates RV which changed ownership a couple years ago. They are a Newmar dealer... Bates got that in just before they sold.
That being said, I haven't had first hand experience with the new owners. They are part of the RVOne family of dealerships
PanJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 06:49 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
If your talking about dealers here is a thread on that.
Old 11-21-2014, 06:55 AM   #6

Yes, I was talking about the dealer not the show.
MarkieMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 06:58 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Here are some other links about dealers you may be of interest.

They have a good web site for pricing out the Newmar line-up.
Old 11-21-2014, 10:34 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Tampa RV

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkieMark View Post
Anyone have any comments about Tampa RV, good or bad? Thanks
You sound like us - we had been looking for about a year and went to several manufacturers and dealers. Thought that we had made our mind up with an Entegra when we walked into a Newmar - from there it was a factory visit and various dealers. My wife and I went to the Hershey RV show and that is where we made our deal. We ordered a 2015 Ventana from Tampa RV/RVOne. We are going to take delivery the end of January at Tampa RV. I/we have found that they were extremely easy to work with - we got quotes from several other dealerships and every time Tampa RV would beat the price. We were familiar with our salesperson Scott Hamilton. We had worked a little with Scott when he was with Lazy Days in Tampa, but that was in the early stages of our search. Scott has proven to be a real pleasure to work with. He will return your calls/e-mails in a timely manner. If he does not know an answer he does what I would expect and follows up with a person from Newmar and then calls us back. Again we don't take delivery until January, but so far this deal has gone extremely well. We really look forward to our Ventana. This will be our 5th RV so we are not new to this - also our current RV we have owned (new) for 13 years. I want a coach that will last. Finally working with Tampa RV you will meet and enjoy the owners of the company. I think you will be experiencing a pleasurable business transaction. BTW we live in Ohio, so there are a lot of closer dealers that we could have went with. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions and we can talk via phone. Otherwise good luck and hope to see you at Tampa RV.

Gary Moore
scotdog is offline   Reply With Quote