Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-02-2015, 10:10 AM   #29

No longer a Newmar Owner

But I still visit the forum. I must echo the accolades posted for Independence RV in Winter Garden. I bought a new Mountain Aire from them, and received warranty service for years (two year warranty...the good ole' days!).
I had been a Lazy Days customer in the past, so I tried to prepare for the expected total incompetence of the service department.
The service department at Independence is outstanding. I had ongoing issues with my Norcold refrigerator (the last one I will ever own), and Independence "went to bat for me" against the manufacturer, finally getting authorization for a replacement unit.
I have sent Independence several people interested in purchasing a Newmar product or needing service on a Newmar product. Highly recommend!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-02-2015, 12:22 PM   #30
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
I can vouch for Independence also our first MACA had some problems with the AC's back in 2001 and they fix while in FL. on trip thought they went out of there way to take care of problem , very friendly people wish I had them in MA. to deal with compared to my dealer.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 01:32 PM   #31

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by "007" View Post
I can vouch for Independence also our first MACA had some problems with the AC's back in 2001 and they fix while in FL. on trip thought they went out of there way to take care of problem , very friendly people wish I had them in MA. to deal with compared to my dealer.
Bought my coach from them, they let me stay there for a couple of days while I tested things and had some additional work done. Those guys are great to work with and I'm glad to see so many others with the same experience. They delivered me a clean working coach that runs great!
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 10:58 AM   #32

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
It is really disturbing to me to read all the negative things about the OP Rv dealer. Why would a business simply ignore a customer and expect anything less than real bad review on any forum. Lots of people read this stuff including me and I will never visit the above named Newmar dealer because of their lack of integrity. Just my observation.
2003 Newmar Kountry Star 3905, Freightliner XC chassis with CAT 330. Winnie the black lab, pretty Airbus captain wife, retired airline pilot with 11 grandkids. UH-1 pilot (Huey) U.S. Army 1967-1983. RVN 68-69. Northern Idaho my summer home.
calhyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 06:00 AM   #33

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
Tampa RV Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by 927palmetto View Post
But I still visit the forum. I must echo the accolades posted for Independence RV in Winter Garden. I bought a new Mountain Aire from them, and received warranty service for years (two year warranty...the good ole' days!).
I had been a Lazy Days customer in the past, so I tried to prepare for the expected total incompetence of the service department.
The service department at Independence is outstanding. I had ongoing issues with my Norcold refrigerator (the last one I will ever own), and Independence "went to bat for me" against the manufacturer, finally getting authorization for a replacement unit.
I have sent Independence several people interested in purchasing a Newmar product or needing service on a Newmar product. Highly recommend!

How was your experience in the past with Lazy Days? Are you now a Independence advocate?

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 12-20-2015, 05:53 PM   #34

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Independence RV

They are so good now it takes two months to get an appointment.
benge1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 05:46 AM   #35

Bought our 14 Baystar from Tampa RV. Sales dept was great, service not so much. Not even sure if they have a service department. When looking for our DP we took the trip to Independence to look at a new coach. Generator wouldn't stay running, subwoofer just hummed all the time, and the engine had something wrong with it on the test drive. Salesman just blew it off and said, "our service department can fix it". After driving half a day to get there, I was not impressed with their dealership at all. Just traded at North Trail for our DS, and can't find a bad thing to say about them. Best purchase experience I've ever had with superior attention to details and any concerns expressed by me. For the difference in quality of service from both the sales and service dept, I'd even pay a few thousand more on the purchase price.
lostinfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 07:04 PM   #36

I'm not sure Tampa RV has a service department. I brought my RV from them because I live in Tampa and it should be convenient for service. Boy, was I wrong. I couldn't get an appointment to get a few things taken care of so I called North Trail. I'm not in their computer system ( I didn't buy from them ) so I couldn't even get an appointment. I'm sure their service is good if you have purchased from them and I understand they want to take care of their customers first, however if you buy Newmar you would expect to be able to get service from a Newmar dealer. On the other hand, my next phone call was to Independence RV and I talked with Paul in service. Very accommodating, made the appointment, and had everything on may list done in a couple of days. Guess where I'll buy may next RV? Independence RV has my vote.
teammadden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 08:22 PM   #37

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I agree that Todd Simpson and the crew from Independence RV are the best. I have had my 2014 DSDP 4018 in for a few warranty items and some body and paint work. In all cases the communication and responsiveness has been first class.
LongRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 06:22 AM   #38

Last January, we purchased our Ventana at Tampa RV. Sales people were great during the signing, but they pressured us to bring in our trade before the new coach was ready. We negotiated several modifications in the deal. Big mistake on our part.
The Service dept was lacking in their ability to get things done, and after several attempts to resolve our issues... we decided to switch dealerships for warranty work. Did this thru the Newmar customer service, who are great to work with.
Now, our dealer is North Trail RV, and their new facility is Great! We are finally getting our list of defects corrected, which in a way is our Christmas present from Newmar. Hopefully when we pick up the coach, all will be right, brite, and merry!
I have voiced my opinion concerning the service at Tampa RV to the Newmar customer service, and to Matt Miller during the North Trail event last month. Matt stated his favorable opinion on the management team of Tampa RV.
After listening to my ordeal. and the feedback I provided to Tampa RV, I was really hoping they would do an about face, and become the best Newmar dealer in my area. This never happened, and sadly, probably never will.
Constructive criticism is far easier to give than to receive, and my sincere efforts to provide such will probably go in the round file.
I have said this before, Tampa RV has great potential and could be turned around should the right decisions be implemented. I still hope for the best and wish them well.
dhlairbus is offline   Reply With Quote