Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-23-2013, 07:16 PM   #1

Tampa Show...What will Newmar bring?

Still a bit early I know....but does anyone know what coaches Newmar will be bringing to Tampa... or if they will list them somewhere before show time? Hoping to see a Baystar (non-sport) 2903 & fall in love!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-23-2013, 08:11 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Just about everything, when I was there 2010 they had 5th wheels,DS,MA,KA,EX their whole line up.
Mostly the larger dealers in FL.
Here is a Brochure and Owners Guide to hold you over till than, have fun and allot of exercise.
I would imagine the BS and CS will be where the 5th wheels were located across the street.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 08:49 PM   #3

If things are still the way they used to be, it's up to the local dealer/s to order coaches for the display. Newmar doesn't bring anything that hasn't been bought and paid for.
Old 11-24-2013, 03:38 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Regan View Post
If things are still the way they used to be, it's up to the local dealer/s to order coaches for the display. Newmar doesn't bring anything that hasn't been bought and paid for.
Jeff Regan ... I think that is still correct and for what its worth I think NorthTrail RV is gearing up. I was just at Nappanee last week for a service appointment. We did take a factory tour one day and I noticed about every other unit was for NorthTrail RV. I made a comment to Michelle, our tour guide, and she said they (NorthTrail) was building up their inventory for their winter selling season and also the Tampa Show. Based on what NorthTrail had there last year and from what I just saw coming down the line ... I don't think folks will be disappointed in Tampa.

Steve
FLSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 09:58 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLSteve
Jeff Regan ... I think that is still correct and for what its worth I think NorthTrail RV is gearing up. I was just at Nappanee last week for a service appointment. We did take a factory tour one day and I noticed about every other unit was for NorthTrail RV. I made a comment to Michelle, our tour guide, and she said they (NorthTrail) was building up their inventory for their winter selling season and also the Tampa Show. Based on what NorthTrail had there last year and from what I just saw coming down the line ... I don't think folks will be disappointed in Tampa. Steve
Thanks Steve, that is good to hear. Suzan and I are really looking forward to attending the Tampa Supershow this year. We had always gone to the Hershey RV show and this will be our first time attending the Tampa show.

Mike
2012 DSDP 3734
MJFZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 10:01 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
A couple of Essex's' for Deek to pick from.
JohnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 12:48 PM   #7

American Coach Owners Club
Will there be more than one Newmar dealer there?
exgman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 01:30 PM   #8

Thanks for all the replies. Keep 'em coming if you have news! Closest 2903 seems to be in Atlanta...so I guess I'll have to hope for delivery to arrive!
Old 11-24-2013, 02:07 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnT View Post
A couple of Essex's' for Deek to pick from.
I see Mr. and Mrs. Deek in a King Aire!!

Mike
2012 DSDP 3734
MJFZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 02:24 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJFZ View Post
I see Mr. and Mrs. Deek in a King Aire!!

Mike

And I thought I was the only Troublemaker!!!

You have to understand that I'm peddling as hard as I can to keep FLSteve focused only on the Essex at this point. He has clearly passed right through the Mountain Aire and into the Detroit Diesel and articulating tag. When you get your picture taken with your arm around your pal, Matt Miller, it's pretty safe to say that the MA is nothing but a fading memory in the distant past and you'll be darn lucky if you can stop yourself at the Essex. Let's not stir him up to get to the King Aire spending level.

There is no way I can keep up with him at this point!!!!

Deek
”Deek” / FMCA #363986
2023 Winnebago View 24D Bay Mist II
What a Hoot!
Deek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 02:45 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
We used to live in New England and attended many shows including Hershey. We had a small Class C and were shopping for a Class A. The shows were O.K.,but, you haven't seen an RV show until you've been to Tampa. We are now living in Florida and bought our Newmar from North Trail during the Tampa show last year. I suspect that you will not be disappointed by what you see. If it is setup like last year Newmar, through their dealers (presumably North Trail, primarily) will have virtually all of the coaches there including a number of Bay Stars. While we didn't buy one of the "floor models" that North Trail had taken to Tampa we actually wrote up our order for a spec built Canyon Star while we were there. You may want to call North Trail and ask them what models of the Baystar they plan to take to Tampa. But even if they don't have the model you are interested in you should still be able to get a good idea of the Baystar line by looking at whatever they take and asking a lot of questions. While you will probably be talking with a salesperson from a dealership you can also ask them if they would introduce you to one of the Newmar factory reps. Newmar sends a number of their key people to Tampa for the show.
Good luck with your search and, as they say...enjoy the show.
P.S. We went every day last year and stiil didn't see everything. And even though we absolutely love our Canyon Star we're planning to be there again this year. Too much fun not to go.
Old 11-24-2013, 02:50 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
When you get to Newmars place at the show and you see the "red" carpet, do they (Newmar) from time to time build something special for the show and sell it?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	133.6 KB
ID:	50684  
Old 11-24-2013, 03:41 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
When you get to Newmars place at the show and you see the "red" carpet, do they (Newmar) from time to time build something special for the show and sell it?
That looks like a London Aire??
Old 11-24-2013, 03:48 PM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by exgman View Post
Will there be more than one Newmar dealer there?
exgman ... I think NorthTrail RV will be the only Newmar dealer at the show. At least last year I believe they were.

Steve
FLSteve is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newmar