Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-30-2015, 11:39 AM   #1

Technical Information Wanted

Is there a place on the forum or on the Newmar web site where I can obtain some technical information specific to the DSDP and the MADP. I am looking for things like what model electrical transfer switch, what inverter/charger is installed, AGM battery brand, brand of nav system installed from factory, and information about the silver leaf system installed. We hope to go to the Tampa show next month and would like to do some light reading prior to seeing the specific models.
ewlee is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-30-2015, 01:15 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Hi ewlee,
Welcome to the Newmar Owners Forum. While at the Tampa Super show be sure to visit the NKK (Owners Klub) Rally. Traditionally Newmar executives host an executive meeting with owners on Thursday morning at 10 AM. The site is the big tent at the NKK Rally site. The rally site is located at the Southern end of the Fair Grounds. You can walk to the site or board our trolley at the Show entrance on the South side of aftermarket supplier building "A".

To answer your question, components installed in Newmar coaches change quite quickly. This is usually do to availability issues. One can contact Newmar Customer Service and ask the question. I do not think what you ask is possible unless you were asking about a very near term specific manufacturing date for a specific brand.

I do know that Discover Brand AGM batteries have been Newmar's choice for several years.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 01:35 PM   #3

http://https://comnet2.newmarcorp.com/instance1/servlet/WebDispatcher?mode=comnet&nextMode=&nextURL=

Try the above link and choose catalog by model year.

2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Willys
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 01:41 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
You can sign up for Newgle as an owner of Newmar. It has extensive documentation for most recent models.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
unw1red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 02:13 PM   #5

I have been on the Newmar parts pages and explored the MA for make/model transfer switch installed on the 2016 MA. Can someone provide me the make/model of TS installed. The parts page indicates that PD52 switch from Progressive Dynamics is installed. This unit is the base unit without low voltage, over voltage, reverse neutral, surge protection, open ground, and reverse polarity. Has anybody had Newmar upgrade their transfer switch to a better unit?
Old 02-21-2016, 02:38 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Our Ventana has the PD52. I think most people opt to add the Progressive Industries EMS-HW50C as an aftermarket addition. Installed mine today.
Old 02-21-2016, 02:53 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Hi ewlee,
If you are considering having an all in one unit, make sure if the unit takes a hit and gives up its' life, you can still have power in the coach. This is one reason I keep the functions separate, in two units. In my coach, the protection unit and voltage transformer are located in the electric bay that contains the shore cord and TS. All the components (surge, voltage transformer and TS) are plugged into each other. If there is a failure, the failing component can be removed from the circuit.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 02:53 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Mountain Aire transfer switch

Here's a photo that a friend shared with me to get ideas on how the Surge Protector and Autoformer could be wired...

The transfer switch is the shiney metal box along the left rear mounted to the sidewall...with the weatherproof grey conduit entering the bottom of the enclosure.

You can see the Autoformer on the floor to the left... And the progressive industries EMS high on the right side bulkhead. CATV inlet box appears to have been relocated on the ceiling of the compartment.

It appears to me the transfer switch is the same PD52 that I have in my Ventana.

Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	244.6 KB
ID:	119559  
Old 02-21-2016, 08:04 PM   #9

Thanks for the input. Good point in having things separated and also having plug and play surge protector.