RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-14-2019, 07:54 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Televator TV Antenna Cable - How to Acccess

The coax antenna cable to the Sony 48Ē televator TV has come disconnected and thereís not enough room to get my hand back there to reconnect it. Iíve read some old posts about trying to access to connector through the window thatís behind the TV or removing the top piece of Corian to access the back of the TV from above. Iím actually thinking about removing the piece of Corian thatís just below the bottom of the TV.

Before I start pulling things apart, I was wonder if others have needed to access to antenna connector and how they managed to do it.

flyboy013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-14-2019, 09:48 AM   #2

My coax has loosened before and picture is crappy however it has never disconnected. Yes clearance to work/see connection is not good. However if you have a window behind TV it is quite easy to get at as well as see where it connects from the outside of coach. If that's your case open window/remove screen and get to it from the outside.

twojayhawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 08:45 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I tried accessing the TV antenna connector through the window behind the TV. No luck. The antenna port has a 90 connector attached to it and it points behind the televator shaft. The connector is on one side and points to the other side and the shaft is 4" wide. No way to access from the backside.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2796.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	344.4 KB
ID:	242361

I removed the screws holding the Corian that's below the TV in an attempt to access the connector from the bottom. I also removed two of the VESA mounting screws in order to tilt the TV out a little bit and I got a little bit more access from below, but no much. After quite some time, I was able to line up the cable and get it screwed onto the connector, but my reception on the front TV isn't as good as the bedroom TV. I'm thinking that it's not screwed on good enough. My plan is to completely remove the TV next month when I get home and then make the connection. I might even look at reworking the connection in order to avoid having this difficulty next time around (although I hope there isn't a next time).
flyboy013 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
antenna, cable