Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-21-2011, 07:33 AM   #1401

Just to reiterate what Peter said, the “event” at the cwg ranch was wonderful. What a night - steaks bigger than life, his wife’s amazing potato casserole and a strawberry pie that should be in the Smithsonian Institute. Amazing, just amazing.

The prospect of my intervention was leaked so I was prepared to successfully dodge the process. Didn’t take much effort since the participants were easily distracted by the poor fellow with the Prevost. Wow, what a beat-down. WWF stuff. If this guy had been a cocker spaniel the SPCA would have stepped in to stop the attack. Must be gang mentality cause, for the most part, we are nice guys.

Additionally, I was impressed with Peter’s knowledge of “Days”. Either he has a crack research staff or, or he is a closet watcher. I’m thinking the later.

Oh, almost forgot, as they say in Alabama “Roll Tide”

Un-numbered Amigo
Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-24-2011, 02:07 PM   #1402

QUOTE: "Additionally, I was impressed with Peter’s knowledge of “Days”. Either he has a crack research staff or, or he is a closet watcher. I’m thinking the later."

No, I'm not coming out of the closet, it's easy to determine what's happening on "Days", just ask someone that has at least watched one dose in the last 4 years. It apparently drags slower than a Prevost towing a VW up a mountain.

Amigos, you are invited to a private patio lunch on Sunday the 6th of March at the RV show at the Bend. Sunday was choosen as to not conflict with Lane's TV schedule.............Wimp!

Chuck, can you check on the Jet Mans computer, it does not seem to be able to connect to irv2.com.

Hey Guys, no more Prevost shots! A Prevost passes a Newmar on a grade almost every day. Last Monday one almost passed a Newmar, on Tuesday one almost passed and today a Prevost almost passed a Newmar.

The Amigos, coming to a rest stop near you!

Peter
Old 02-25-2011, 02:23 PM   #1403
cwg

SOME OF THE AMIGOS, COMING TO A STREET HOCKEY GAME NEAR YOUR CAMPGROUND!!!

While the Amigos are awaiting visiting Peter for hospitality and the RV show next weekend at Riverbend, tomorrow as part of my park's CAN-AM days this weekend, the Canadians have challenged the Americans to a game of street hockey. Over the past several weeks both sides have had some practice sessions and this week we had a short scrimmage which ended up tied 1-1. Who knows if they were holding back?

I mean this is the real deal. To start with we had a heck of a time finding someone who knew the rules of hockey, but after a few Canadians taught us the basics, we are hopeful not to be embarrassed. They have procured hockey sticks and real nets; and at 1:00 pm our tennis courts will be transformed into a street rink. Each team has cheerleaders, but I wanted to lodge a protest: One lady who can win at everything is not allowed to play for us under the guise of "men only". She is now relegated to being a cheerleader... haven't they heard of Title Nine in Canada?

Well, after the first practice I saw some big whelps and hickeys on shins-- now several of us have the full regalia... mouth guards, soccer style shin guards with socks, and gloves. A few have threatened to bring out their bicycle helmets.

Stay tuned and we will see if the game is competetive. Fortunately, we found out hockey players rotate in and out every few minutes; I sure hope so because I am supposed to race in the Senior Games on Sunday in Sarasota for the time trials.
cwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 03:00 PM   #1404
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Remember to sandbag for two periods, then press the bet for the third.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 09:24 AM   #1405

Chuck, you forgot one very important piece of equipment - your insurance card.

Good luck and God Bless America.

Un-numbered Amigo
Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 01:08 PM   #1406

Chuck, Those Canucks will probably whip you like a bad school boy. You would have been better to play polo against them on bikes. Then, and only then, would I put my money on you. Hmmmmm..........The first game or so must have already been played. So............How did it work out?

I figured if you guys won, we'ld have heard about it, big time. So let's hear about it, blow by blow.

RiverBend's RV show is going to have 25+ highline coaches and about 30 component vendors and even some boats in the water and out!!! But the big draw will be a live appearance of.......You guess it, The Amigos! Unfortunitly, it is rumored that Tame Lane may be unable to attend due to an already scheduled appearance elsewhere. But, believe me, The Jets Man and The Preacher will fill the bill. Don't miss it! Free admission for all on both Saturday and Sunday the 5th and 6th.

The Amigos, Live!

Peter
Old 03-01-2011, 01:22 PM   #1407

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
"The Preacher" ?????

Old 03-01-2011, 01:29 PM   #1408

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 66 View Post
"The Preacher" ?????
Oh Yeh! The Preacher, AKA cwg could get a confession from Mother Theresa. Hence the handle "The Preacher". One of many of his clever disguises.

Peter
Old 03-01-2011, 01:46 PM   #1409

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Hmmmmmm......a side of Lance's hero I didn't know about.

Old 03-05-2011, 10:56 AM   #1410
cwg

This the third time to write the results of the hockey game but when I would try to review spelling in the "preview post" of the forum everything was deleted. Here I go again on a different day. Besides, it took a week to lick our egos from the drubbing the Canadians gave us.

The game started with a lot of pomp and flair. Cheerleaders with pom-poms, outfits, and megaphones had toured the park in convertibles to bring out the fans. National anthems of each country were sung followed by introduction of players.

During the first period the Canadians scored the first goal followed shortly thereafter by the Americans putting up a goal on the scoreboard. That was disallowed by our being offside. That is when the good time ended.

We were out of our element and were pummeled to a 6-0 defeat. We found out later that three of their players are on hockey leagues the whole year around; and if the score had reached 7-0 the officials were going to pull the plug on the game to spare us further embarrassment.

At least our cheerleaders won first place. Next year the Canadians suggested we play basketball... but we have no goals or court in our park. We are looking for a sport where we might have a chance!
I know we could take them in a bike race!
Old 03-06-2011, 07:52 AM   #1411

Hi! Well we are back from our Business trip to Vegas. Now we know why we have a Motorhome. Flying is not fun. We are headed up to River Bend for a cookout sponsored by the Doc. Amigo #1 (John) cannot attend. I was told that Saturday Night he stays up all night watching the Soap Channel so that he can see all of his favorites, for a second time, a whole weeks worth of SOAP! I can't wait to see how many welts and bruises Amigo#2 (Chuck) still has from his hockey game. Don't let him kid you, they didn't buy any protection. They duct taped bubble wrap around all their important areas. Double time around their butt, for when they fell on it. As far as the Doc goes, he wants us at his site for cocktails and food at 11:30 AM. The phrase it's "5:00 somewhere" certainly applies in his case!! Hope all is well with everyone. Paul
Old 03-15-2011, 02:30 PM   #1412

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Elusive Amigo

It seems that Paul (AKA The Jetster), one of the few and most elusive remaining numbered Amigos has a new toy.

The entire iRV2 membership awaits the BIG announcement.

Old 03-16-2011, 05:44 AM   #1413

Newmar Owners Club
Saw a Picture of Paul and Jill with their NEW TOY nice and Good Luck with it.

THE MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE, IT MUST BE OPEN TO WORK
read & learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 06:14 PM   #1414
cwg

You all are getting the cart before the horse!!

Paul may jump on the board and announce his developments, but until he does, suffice it to say that was not his new coach. He and Jill merely drove up to Perry to see the 2012 KingAire. He was hoping to have us all keep guessing as to whether he was going the way of Prevost, Newell, or a coach of interest (the new IH-45 Foretravel), but at least he is staying loyal to Newmar. Stay tuned until someone rats him out.

I will only tell if a bribe is involved!!

Tags
the 3 amigos;