Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-26-2019, 05:08 PM   #2297

Well, first...…...Merry Christmas to all...……….Including the wheel-less stick house dwellers.

Yes, the 3 Amigos perhaps now being the 1 Amigo, doesn't quite sound right!

I have been suffering from the worst cold I ever had, but now, I'm recovering.

Bob, are you still in the RV world, or did you sell the 5'er?

Paul, Did you abandon the King Aire? Will there be no King Winnie?

Chuck, Are you alone out there wondering the now empty highway corridors of the Sunshine State?

In an effort to save the 3 Amigos, I think we must advertise to recruit a new cast!

WANTED: Able bodied RV lover wanted for candidate for The 3 Amigos

* Must be a current Blue Blood Newmar coach owner. No Newmar Winne stuff.
* Must be knowledgeable or capable of looking so, with the ability to trash Prevost owners in regards to their city buses.
* Must attend Newmar factory service at least 4 times per year. (This should be a natural if your coach is fairly new.)
* Must be able to insult each other often on irv2 site.

Please post your resume with your past experiences and future endeavours.

P.S. I miss you guys!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-27-2019, 01:11 PM   #2298
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Well for you that is Lug Nut good to see you still exist I hope your wellness keeps improving.
Hope you had a good Christmas thru all the sniffles and a very good 2020 New Year upcoming, this for all the di-hards that still read this thread.
You might be right Peter you need a new breed of Newmar owners to keep this thread meaningful, all the oldies are now retiring from the RV LIFESTYLE for comforts of a home in their old age or wreaking older bodies.
Time for me seems to move faster these days and its not on the road, last local friend just sold SOB and our big thing of the week is Fish & Chips on Friday nights with a beer, like I said the Friday nights make the months travel fast every year.
You being more active may not have notice this reaction yet in your life.
So good luck with your recruitment may be a hard deal to swing I have found many of the older active Newmar owners on new FB Forums for particular coach models or vintage groups like the good years 2000-2010 before the FWS's and loaded electronics, I have been there and many new owners of Newmars never heard of irv2 but they do now and 900 view's on this forum have had some busy nights and new recruits joining irv2.
So with that you may get some new Amigo's, good luck, if not I will retire this thread to one of the stickies to preserve the good old time's with many of our older friends.
Not sure what will happen with this Newmar forum when its time for me to leave, but it will happen as time pass's under me, I feel I am on borrowed time as it is, been awful lucky as it is.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 02:43 PM   #2299

Hey Roger! Great to see you are still stirring the pot at irv2. Yes, many friends have come and gone over the years. Some retiring to that rocking chair on the porch, some to the Happy Campground above. We miss them all!

There are still some good years ahead. Whether one or more of the original 3 Amigos delay their retirement, or we find a new cast, life will go on.

I'm not sure about Lane??? He apparently bought a class B, I believe. Is he reliving the days of The 3 Amigos, albeit at a smaller scale?

Well, time will tell. In the meantime I'm staying busy. I've been blogging for Good Sam (Link https://blog.goodsam.com/author/pmercer/ ) for several years now.

So, let's keep those resumes coming in. Good jokes are also welcome.

The 3 Amigos - - Part II
Old 12-30-2019, 06:30 AM   #2300
Administrator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwg View Post
In past posts I have said that the 3 Amigos has run its course and is no longer relevant. With Lane and Jetsmania going to stick and mortar abodes we have lost nearly half of the cadre. And no matter how many times we try to poke Paul with a sharp stick just like one would joust a bear hibernating in a deep cave he refuses to come out and play.

There are so many new members of the forum that even when an amigo surfaces, the neophytes have no idea of is being said. Peter was the cerebral glue that bound us together (and the more he imbibed the funnier it was); now that Rebelsbeach is out of a coach and no longer suffers the problems of that of a road warrior there is not as much to say.

Rest In Peace . It was a great run and still ranks as one of the most widely read threads of the Newmar forum.
I just went back and looked the initial "Amigo" post and it was from April of 2008.... Four months shy of a twelve year run.....not so bad.
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 12:13 PM   #2301

With many members aging, as are the 3 Amigos, I thought I would share some of the Amigos aging observations.

* IF MY BODY IS EVER FOUND ON A JOGGING TRAIL JUST KNOW THAT I WAS MURDERED SOMEWHERE ELSE AND DUMPED THERE.

* RESPECT YOUR ELDERS. THEY GRADUATED FROM SCHOOL WITHOUT THE INTERNET.

* I'VE DECIDED I'M NOT OLD, I'M 25 -- PLUS SHIPPING AND HANDLING.

* WHY DO I HAVE TO PRESS "1" FOR ENGLISH? DID AMERICA MOVE?

* WE HAVE ENOUGH GUN CONTROL. WHAT WE NEED IS IDIOT CONTROL.

* BEHIND EVERY ANGRY WOMAN STANDS A MAN WHO HAS ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA WHAT HE DID WRONG.

* LET'S STOP SENDING MONEY TO OTHER COUNTRIES AND LET THEM HATE US FOR FREE.

* IN MY DEFENSE I WAS LEFT UNSUPERVISED.

* IF GUNS KILL PEOPLE, THEN PENCILS MISSPELL WORDS, CARS MAKE PEOPLE DRIVE DRUNK, AND SPOONS MAKE PEOPLE FAT.

* MY DECISION-MAKING SKILLS CLOSELY RESEMBLE THOSE OF A SQUIRREL WHEN CROSSING THE ROAD.

* SOME THINGS ARE JUST BETTER LEFT UNSAID -- AND I USUALLY REALIZE IT RIGHT AFTER I SAY THEM.

* WE OWE ILLEGALS NOTHING -- WE OWE OUR VETERANS EVERYTHING.

* CAMPING: WHERE YOU SPEND A SMALL FORTUNE TO LIVE LIKE A HOMELESS PERSON.

* I THOUGHT GETTING OLD WOULD TAKE LONGER.

* A WISE MAN ONCE SAID - - NOTHING.

- The 3 Amigos - Aging Like Fine Wine
Old 01-10-2020, 06:05 PM   #2302
cwg

Well Peter, at least you are doing your part to keep the Amigos pot stirred up.

In your jokes you referred to aging... can you believe I have now gone to an E bike? It's a pedal assisted bicycle which requires the rider to propel it; but it has a drive train to assist the effort when needed. It allows the slower heart beat participants to keep up with the group, adding to the fun of riding. Few people want to join a club ride and do it alone-- safety in numbers and all that. The range is variable depending on which level of assist is chosen. Actually it is the rage in Europe and the industry is predicted to grow to about 60-70 percent of bicycle sales here in America. The range can be easily up to 100 miles unless one is hammering the whole time at which time it may be cut in half or less.

Just some facts for today
cwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 11:38 AM   #2303
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Thanks cwg for that added info on the E-Bike as said we are all getting old as the kids say and transportation with out a car is for the pits.
Have been looking into getting one but this state may have laws against use on roads or lighting or registering it, anything good to make more money to waste.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 06:19 PM   #2304

Chuck! You went from a Trek Madone weighing less than a fart to a Deluxe Electro-Paddle-A lot weighing slightly less than an NHL Zamboni?

Do you still have to dress up like a Smurf to go cruising??

This year I might have given an E-Bike or two away for Christmas gifts. See I sent packages that when opened revealed a battery with a clear message on the box. "Toy Not Included"

Don't be fooled into thinking you are really getting old. That's an old wife's tale!

Below is a test for people believing they are aging!

You know you are getting old if …

You have more patience, but actually it's just that you don't care anymore.

You confuse having a clear conscience with a bad memory.

You sing along with the elevator music.

You hear your favorite song in an elevator.

Work is a lot of fun, and fun is a lot of work.

You stop searching for the meaning of life to focus on searching for your car keys.

You speed on the highway so you can reach your destination before you forget where you’re going.

- The 3 Amigos - Afternoon Nap Optional
Old 04-14-2021, 10:00 PM   #2305

The 3 Amigos

The Covid issue has changed much! Every Lone Ranger show ended with a peasant holding a silver bullet and saying "Who was that masked man?".

Today that pretty well describes everyone!

The 3 Amigos - Unplugged

Tags
the 3 amigos;