Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-07-2008, 03:39 AM   #57
cwg

We did not make it over to Newmar last evening for today's service appointment and the first night with Jetsmania. While at Spartan, they discovered during the 44 point inspection a broken exhaust pipe or bracket near the turbo charger. So it was a "good news" & "bad news" situation. Glad to have found it while here so it can be replaced, but it delayed one night of mischief in Nappanee ... if you can believe what Peter reports.
cwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-07-2008, 03:55 AM   #58
Administrator Emeritus

That's good (and bad) news Chuck....

I myself received a call from Peter several days ago, but was tied up with divot digging and a subsequent feeding "frenzy" held afterwards and didn't get the chance to call him. He was actually south of here in Lauderdale and we wouldn't have likely been able to meet anyway.

I'm thinking you and Paul might be able to catch up with each other later this evening....

Please say a special "sarcasm filled" hello to my buddy Carl and a heartfelt hello to Jason.
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 04:11 AM   #59
cwg

Will say an hello for you! Paul reported yesterday when he talked with Jason that he was now working on other than Londonaire rigs since they were out of production... although there were three in for service.

We have a group of 8 slated for the Amish dinner tonight so we will indeed be there in time for a "catch up".
Old 05-07-2008, 04:43 AM   #60

Jason was the lead tech on my lowly EX when I was up there in Jan. He and his crew are positively top rate. He still carried the main LA phone though...
Old 05-07-2008, 04:48 AM   #61
Administrator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally posted by RVDude:
Jason was the lead tech on my lowly EX when I was up there in Jan. He and his crew are positively top rate. He still carried the main LA phone though...
Jason has indeed gone back to more of a high line tech, which really isn't anything new....
He always worked alongside the other guys when there wasn't an LADB in the shop.

With only a little more than a dozen on the road and MOST of them not really on the road as I was, there isn't that much for him to do.
Old 05-08-2008, 02:53 PM   #62
cwg

Paul and Jill made a whirlwind day and one-half stay at Newmar for a consultation at Newmar and were off after first light and breakfast today. He covers more ground in a day than I can make in three as he is already home in Jersey at this posting. It helps that he is in a fast car and must be below the radar screen. ( He did mention he got a warning on the way out here however.)

Someone said that they thought they saw him in an RV site on the premises with a power cord plugged into the utility box since he is so used to being here. He got homesick for his former rig as it in in highline having some attention paid to it.

On a side note I did get to meet several of the fine gentlemen from this forum who regularly post... it was good to put faces and hellos with some of the names we recognize.
Old 05-09-2008, 05:32 AM   #63

Was at Coach Light yesterday and saw a LA in the RV campground. Not sure what the story is on it.
Old 05-10-2008, 02:27 AM   #64
Administrator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally posted by Skipper 05MA:
Was at Coach Light yesterday and saw a LA in the RV campground. Not sure what the story is on it.
There are some 15 retail owners of the LADB out there, even though the coach is out of production....

From your post I'm not sure whether this was a "for sale" coach or simply one of the owners simply using their coach.
Old 05-10-2008, 01:39 PM   #65

The last time we were at Coachlight....maybe 6 months ago, there was a London Aire that was a number of years old. Don't think it had slides on the passenger side of the bus, and I don't really remember if it had any. I asked the lady in the office and she said it was the owner's.
DonnaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 02:04 PM   #66
Administrator Emeritus

Marty's LA is not the "new" body style and is green in color.....
Old 05-10-2008, 03:08 PM   #67

Newmar Owners Club
I must give the following report on the 2 Amigos that showed up at Camp Newmar. They were quiet and depressed that the third Amigo could not be here with them. So the truth be told we now know who the PARTY MASTER really is.
All kidding aside it was good to see the two of them and put a face to cwg.

THE MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE, IT MUST BE OPEN TO WORK
read & learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 03:18 PM   #68
Administrator Emeritus

Actually I believe you're referring to the "Mixologist" and not "Lane" the third amigo....

Lugnut is the mixologist....
Old 05-11-2008, 03:26 AM   #69

I like the various colors and styles of umbrellas that lug nut uses in his amazing style of mixology.I prefer to just pour my grape juice into a crystal glass and swirl,sniff and taste.Yum !!! PS. I'm glad to hear that the amigo's are not compleat without the third member.Looking forward to a full season of mixologic concoctions from riverbend.!
Old 05-11-2008, 08:24 AM   #70

Oh Yeh!

Hey Frank, We ought to call you "The Vino Dino". You have more wine in stock than any person could consume in a lifetime.

Bob, I missed you in Juno earlier this week. Now we are back up north. Catch you next time, which may not be until the fall.

Peter

Tags
the 3 amigos;