Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-12-2018, 07:44 PM   #2143
cwg

Bob rolled in with his nice lady at midnight the night before last. He is in the house as they say!

Here less than a few hours and he was invited to a big birthday bash for one of our neighbors from Canada. All of you who have ever met Rebelsbeach know that he is no shrinking violet so although he knew few he fit in well and had an audience going.

This weekend an entourage of Paul’s fans are heading to Tampa for the Super Show for our annual trip to see all the show candy. Stay tuned. As a side note I met Bob and Paul 11 years ago at this event just as I was entering the Newmar family. It has been a good ride!
cwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-13-2018, 06:32 AM   #2144
Administrator Emeritus

No sir, regrettably I'm no shrinking violet... carrying more weight than I've ever carried. When I step on the scale, it mutters..."one at a time please."

The bestie and I made a sixteen hour trek to Fort Myers on Wednesday, both of us were anxious to get here but we should've stopped for the night...Hindsight is indeed 20/20. Since we're so late getting here, we've decided to stay into April.

Funny that Chuck mentions the birthday party for our Canadian friend, it was at this party that I learned that Amigo Chuck has quite the "Luciana Pavrotti" presence, when singing "Happy Birthday". The man needs no bucket to carry a tune.

Amigo Chuck took the bestie and I on a tour of his elegant Essex, wish I'd have brought along the Foster Grants as, in true Newmar "fashion", that baby's blinged to the max...

So, for now anyway.....here's what we travel in, all set up and ready to chill (literally) in Florida.

rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 07:28 AM   #2145

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelsbeach View Post

So, for now anyway.....here's what we travel in, all set up and ready to chill (literally) in Florida.
where are you sheltering in place ? looks real nice !
willipaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 08:56 AM   #2146
Administrator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by willipaul View Post
where are you sheltering in place ? looks real nice !
Amigo Chuck and I are in Cypress Woods RV Resort in Fort Myers....

Not as elegant as Amigo Paul's abode in Pelican Lakes in Naples, but then again I'm not allowed in Pelican Lake with this rig having a front hood.
Old 01-15-2018, 01:12 PM   #2147
Administrator Emeritus

Amigo Chuck has left Cypress Woods and rendezvoused with Amigo Paul on the way to the Tampa Show..... Chuck sent me this pic to post of them enjoying some "world famous" strawberries.

Only those with encoder rings are able to see the location....

Old 01-16-2018, 12:50 PM   #2148
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
16 years ago, I was there. The Amigos had not yet been discovered by their handler.
Click image for larger version

Name:	C. 2002 Parkesdale Farm Market in Plant City FL. Famous for Strawberry Shortcake..jpg
Views:	108
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	189011

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 07:14 AM   #2149
Administrator Emeritus

The Amigos thread had a good run...Something like 11 years since LugNut, CWG, Jetsman and Lane all entered the Newmar world....

The traveling Amigos don't travel as much anymore and two of the Amigos haven't posted here in months....maybe even years.

The Jetsman still travels with his King Aire and Amigo Chuck still has his Essex, but Amigo Lane has moved to a Class B coach and spends more time in the stick and brick..... I'd assume that's the same with their now famous "handler", "LugNut" as he is marooned on a beautiful Canadian Isle this snowbird season, with his King Aire resting in it's temperature controlled bed....

Even my own antics have calmed over the years, as while I've reentered the RV ownership world, we were not sure just how much we'd RV, so we entered the RV world in a "less expensive but certainly not cheap" Renegade Super C.

Many of you older "readers" will recall my own trials and tribulations with the '08 LADB.... One such experience was when the Eplex malfunctioned and Lucy was talking as she brought the slides in and out. While seemingly hilarious on the surface, my now 21 year old daughter remembers that to a "T" as she bounded off the couch and ran outside and I damn near had to beg to get her to come back inside.... Ahh.... the experiences of Newmar ownership.

Perusing the Newmar forum this morning, there is no shortage of "it's broke and I don't understand why" posts, so it's not like the Amigo threads demise will cause any harm to the Newmar forum..... In fact, other than two or three of us that have tried to keep it moving, I'm not sure anyone will notice.

Seems the "Hoots" have taken the Newmar thread baton and are running with it in rather entertaining fashion.... Long live the Hoots.... DILLY DILLY!!

As the old song goes, "thanks for the memories" and unless there's some miraculous recovery, I'll see you down the highway.

Bob
Old 01-17-2018, 10:07 AM   #2150
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
JUST arrived on the forum this morning and checked the AMIGO's thread and ran into this:

Many of you older "readers" will recall my own trials and tribulations with the '08 LADB.... One such experience was when the Eplex malfunctioned and Lucy was talking as she brought the slides in and out. While seemingly hilarious on the surface, my now 21 year old daughter remembers that to a "T" as she bounded off the couch and ran outside and I damn near had to beg to get her to come back inside.... Ahh.... the experiences of Newmar ownership.

Sorry Bob but I had a good chuckle after reading that paragrafe, I remembered that and the parked along the side of road, fridge problems and the sofa kind of collapsing.
Your trials and tribulations were a good conversation between my wife and I and she felt really sorry for you, bless her heart.
That coach had to be a good learning experience for all of us on irv2.
Its good to see you back on the road again and on forum, it brings old times back to me that I will never forget.

OH yes your thread has been back on someone's posting of the same happenings with mystery slide travels, I gave them the solution to there problem I think,
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 01:44 PM   #2151

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelsbeach View Post
The Amigos thread had a good run...Something like 11 years since LugNut, CWG, Jetsman and Lane all entered the Newmar world....

The traveling Amigos don't travel as much anymore and two of the Amigos haven't posted here in months....maybe even years.

The Jetsman still travels with his King Aire and Amigo Chuck still has his Essex, but Amigo Lane has moved to a Class B coach and spends more time in the stick and brick..... I'd assume that's the same with their now famous "handler", "LugNut" as he is marooned on a beautiful Canadian Isle this snowbird season, with his King Aire resting in it's temperature controlled bed....

Even my own antics have calmed over the years, as while I've reentered the RV ownership world, we were not sure just how much we'd RV, so we entered the RV world in a "less expensive but certainly not cheap" Renegade Super C.

Perusing the Newmar forum this morning, there is no shortage of "it's broke and I don't understand why" posts, so it's not like the Amigo threads demise will cause any harm to the Newmar forum..... In fact, other than two or three of us that have tried to keep it moving, I'm not sure anyone will notice.

Seems the "Hoots" have taken the Newmar thread baton and are running with it in rather entertaining fashion.... Long live the Hoots.... DILLY DILLY!!

As the old song goes, "thanks for the memories" and unless there's some miraculous recovery, I'll see you down the highway.

Bob
Bob! What goose did his droppings in your porridge?

This is the end of the 3 Amigos thread! You, a non-Newmar owner currently making this statement!

Quote: "In fact, other than two or three of us that have tried to keep it moving, I'm not sure anyone will notice." What do you mean "Two or three of us" You have only returned to the fold recently!

Let's put it to the other 3 Amigos thread readers!

A Poll To All: The 3 Amigos thread should end.
The 3 Amigos Thread should continue.

Please post your thoughts.

Peter
Old 01-17-2018, 02:55 PM   #2152
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
I had to go back to the first post of the AMIGOS to see when this great thread started,

As MODERATOR of this Newmar Forum I here by say this thread continues indefinitely.

You must realize you have celebration on your doorstep, LUG NUT, its the AMIGO'S TENTH ANNIVERSARY this coming April after the celebration than you can post a survey of longevity.

My vote when ever it is will be to continue with thread after all I grew up on this forum with you guys, its part of me and my raine on this forum, so carry on my friend.
When my time is up on this forum than you can decide.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 04:51 PM   #2153
Administrator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lug_Nut View Post

This is the end of the 3 Amigos thread! You, a non-Newmar owner currently making this statement!

Quote: "In fact, other than two or three of us that have tried to keep it moving, I'm not sure anyone will notice." What do you mean "Two or three of us" You have only returned to the fold recently!

Peter
Peter, stir your cocktail and pontificate on this.....

You, me and Chuck are about the only ones who post here.... The "thread" will never die, IF SOMEONE KEEPS POSTING IN IT so, vote with your mouse and keyboard.
I meant no ill will with my post, but it's safe to say that having to go back at least one page back and sometimes two to find the Amigos thread in order to make a post, only means that the thread's popularity is fading....

You should know that me, more than anyone wants this thread to succeed, but the FACTS are that Chuck has all but begged Paul to come here and post, to no avail and I just don't think the internet is in Lane's wheelhouse.

Well....we're back to you and Chuck as the "original" cast....
Old 01-17-2018, 05:57 PM   #2154
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Long live the Amigos!
Click image for larger version

Name:	3Amigos.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	136.7 KB
ID:	189141

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 06:13 PM   #2155
Administrator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007";3995084]I had to go back to the [B][URL="http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/the-amigos-coming-to-a-campground-near-you-43990.html#post78381
first post[/URL][/B] of the AMIGOS to see when this great thread started,

As MODERATOR of this Newmar Forum I here by say this thread continues indefinitely.
Roger, I'd love for the thread to continue and I hope it does.... I'm just calling them like I see them. For it to continue, there has to be a lot more folks posting than the same three or four that currently bump the thread....

I'd venture to say that a large percentage of the "regular daily Newmar posters" of today have no idea what the Amigo thread even is......
Old 01-17-2018, 08:06 PM   #2156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lug_Nut View Post

Peter
The 3 Amigos Thread will ALWAYS continue. There are over 500 "sub-Amigos" out here who look forward to any posts that are sent our way. Si, senor.

"This negative vibe will not prevail!!!!!

Only 3 Amigo good vibes will rule the trail,

And if you find yourself in depression

This economy is much better than a great recession!!

So, step up Amigos and lend your best.

The rule of the many should be your quest.

Do not go gently into the night,

Go boldly into the Amigo light.

If these burdens you find are too much to carry,

Lean back in your chair and ask Lug_Nut for a Bloody Mary!!"

Viva Los Amigos.

Don
akadeadeye is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
the 3 amigos;