Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-21-2013, 02:47 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The little nozzle by the toilet '03 Kountry Star

We have a little nozzle that looks like the hand sprayer on a kitchen sink by our toilet. I have never been able to get it to spray water. Is there a trick I have missed in the manual or is it just not working. I am ready to pull it apart and see why it won't work. Any suggestions on this subject would be appreciated.. It has never worked since I have owned the coach. It is connected to a valve mechanism controlled by the foot pedal on the toilet..HELP !!!
2003 Newmar Kountry Star 3905, Freightliner XC chassis with CAT 330. Winnie the black lab, pretty Airbus captain wife, retired airline pilot with 11 grandkids. UH-1 pilot (Huey) U.S. Army 1967-1983. RVN 68-69. Northern Idaho my summer home.
calhyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-21-2013, 02:50 PM   #2
Community Administrator

May be too basic but the foot pedal needs to be depressed before squeezing the handle on the sprayer.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:53 PM   #3

Texas Boomers Club
Or you can lift the foot pedal with your toe like you're filling the bowl. The sprayer will work then as well.

Rusty
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:03 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyJC View Post
Or you can lift the foot pedal with your toe like you're filling the bowl. The sprayer will work then as well.

Rusty
Thanks #3 and #4 but I have tried that and still no water. Tried it on city water for extra pressure still no flow. It is one of those mysteries of a pre-owned motorhome. I had hoped it was operator error but I have tried it both ways. Squeeze the handle, press the pedal down, lift the pedal up, Nothing, zero, zip, Nada.... Press the pedal down or up, squeeze the handle still no flow........Thanks for the responses.... I appreciate them..
2003 Newmar Kountry Star 3905, Freightliner XC chassis with CAT 330. Winnie the black lab, pretty Airbus captain wife, retired airline pilot with 11 grandkids. UH-1 pilot (Huey) U.S. Army 1967-1983. RVN 68-69. Northern Idaho my summer home.
Old 05-21-2013, 03:07 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
May be too basic but the foot pedal needs to be depressed before squeezing the handle on the sprayer.
Thanks Cliff, I have pushed pulled squeezed and cussed a little and still no water. Another mystery....
Old 05-21-2013, 03:11 PM   #6

Vintage RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Heartland RV Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by calhyatt View Post
Thanks Cliff, I have pushed pulled squeezed and cussed a little and still no water. Another mystery....

Well if cussing it didn't fix it then I'm of no help

I would look in the cabinet that its near, see where that water line goes. One guess is maybe the p/o disconnected it because it may of leaked at one time.

Maybe there is a ball valve before it so you can shut the water off to it.
F239141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:13 PM   #7

There is no push open/push closed valve at the hose connection is there?
You could put a rubber band on the handle and leave the water on until you forget about it then it will magically start to flow.
Chowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:25 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by F239141 View Post
Well if cussing it didn't fix it then I'm of no help

I would look in the cabinet that its near, see where that water line goes. One guess is maybe the p/o disconnected it because it may of leaked at one time.

Maybe there is a ball valve before it so you can shut the water off to it.
The hose from the sprayer goes to the valve mechanism controlled by the foot pedal. I see no shut off, no kinks, or anything that would otherwise stop the flow. I suspect there is a check valve in that gaggle of stuff connected to the foot pedal. I just don't like to pull plastic hoses off plastic fittings. There are no leaks and certainly don't want to break that valve body on the foot pedal valve assembly. Thanks for the insight.
Old 05-21-2013, 03:45 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Hi calhyatt,
The previous posts are correct. I just tried mine and it will spray water when the foot pedal is pressed down or lifted up.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:49 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKD View Post
Hi calhyatt,
The previous posts are correct. I just tried mine and it will spray water when the foot pedal is pressed down or lifted up.
Thanks Gary, I wish I could get mine to do that.
Old 05-21-2013, 03:59 PM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
unscrew the nozzel and check to see if the screen is clogged.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:12 PM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
I can get mine to flow water also. However, it's still to short of line to shower under!.

jack r
Jack R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 04:23 PM   #13

It's not for showering! It's for hydrating one self while relieving one self!
Old 05-21-2013, 04:40 PM   #14

I'm thinking it has 2 uses. To clean the toidy, and to clean....uh....to use as a baday.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote