Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-02-2008, 10:46 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Is The Rally (http://www.therally.com/) a good one to go to? Any regulars here go to them?

It's pretty much on our planned route for next spring. We're leaving River Bend in mid-March, and need to be in the Seattle area the second week of May. So putting in on the schedule is easy, if it's worth doing.

Thanks!

joe
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-02-2008, 10:46 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Is The Rally (http://www.therally.com/) a good one to go to? Any regulars here go to them?

It's pretty much on our planned route for next spring. We're leaving River Bend in mid-March, and need to be in the Seattle area the second week of May. So putting in on the schedule is easy, if it's worth doing.

Thanks!

joe
Old 06-02-2008, 01:16 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
It is a personal preference, but I do not attend this rally. I also do not attend the large FMCA rallies. I am not comfortable with the overall size of the rally, parking conditions and having to be at a seminar an obscene amount of time before it starts to get a seat is not my idea of fun.

The largest rally I go to is the annual Newmar International Rally. This is usually 500 to 750 coaches. I attend many smaller rallies throughout the year.

The Rally has just about everything an RVer would want to see. I am just uncomfortable with the overall size and the facilities to adaquately manage the events and people.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 03:29 PM   #4

FD When are you leaving River bend??? We hope to be there early March!!

Rick
Old 06-02-2008, 04:15 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We went to our first one this past March in Perry, GA. DW does not do "no hook-ups" so we stayed off site and went the Passport route. None of the seminars we saw were packed out. All had plenty of seating. Long lines if you wanted to get one of the best seats for the entertainment. On site food left a lot to be desired. Expensive too. Enjoyed meeting a lot of people and had the SuperSteer MCUs put on there. That alone was worth the trip. We're planning on going to the FMCA rally in Perry next year.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 07:04 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Latitude:
FD When are you leaving River bend??? We hope to be there early March!!

Rick </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We have a space reserved from 11/15/08 through 3/15/09. I think. Saydiver has the details. I just get to drive...

joe
Old 06-02-2008, 07:06 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GaryKD:
The largest rally I go to is the annual Newmar International Rally. This is usually 500 to 750 coaches. I attend many smaller rallies throughout the year.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unfortunately, we're picking up our KADB the week AFTER the Newmar rally. Bad timing, but it was delayed almost a month while we finalized the specials. And that was delayed because we were on a 10 day Panama Canal cruise right when they wanted us to approve all the drawings. Sigh.

joe
Old 06-03-2008, 04:54 AM   #8

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">we're picking up our KADB </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hi Joe! It's getting close!! Paul
Old 06-03-2008, 05:01 AM   #9

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">We have a space reserved from 11/15/08 through 3/15/09 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hi! That's great!! You get to hang ith Amigo #1 and Dr. Peter!! And if you are lucky you may even get a visit from the other 2 Amigos!! Paul
Old 06-03-2008, 09:53 AM   #10

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jetsmania:
Hi! That's great!! You get to hang ith Amigo #1 and Dr. Peter!! And if you are lucky you may even get a visit from the other 2 Amigos!! Paul
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

While on our way to Miami for our cruise we did take a tour of Pelican Lake, but after seeing a video of Riverbend, I decided I liked the more rural setting.

During our travels we're looking forward to meeting the Amigos and all the other folks who hang out on this forum.

The time IS getting close, since we have less than a month to go. The towing plate was installed on the Enclave yesterday. We're currently working on getting rid of the rest of the 'stuff' we're not taking with us.

Sue
Old 06-03-2008, 11:10 AM   #11

We have been to a couple of these rallies. I actually enjoy them. Seminars are very good. Lots to choose from. Lots of RV gadgets for sale and coaches to look at and some really good entertainment. I agree that it is very big and lots of people attending but the venue's that they choose can usually handle the crowds well. They are very organized and since it is an advertising thing for Affinity (Good Sam, C2C, Motorhome Mag etc.) they offer a lot of promotional stuff free. Lots of drawings etc. Fun time.
RUFINIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 05:59 AM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
We've been to only one Rally -- the first one ever held way back when in Gillette, WY.

At that rally there were about 5,000 rigs! Way too many people for us! I don't know how many people The Rally is drawing now, particularly considering fuel prices, but we probably wouldn't ever go to another one.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:54 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LindaH:
We've been to only one Rally -- the first one ever held way back when in Gillette, WY.

At that rally there were about 5,000 rigs! Way too many people for us! I don't know how many people The Rally is drawing now, particularly considering fuel prices, but we probably wouldn't ever go to another one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How sad....
cb5300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 12:39 PM   #14
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
Attendance was down to around 3500 at the 2008 "The Rally" held in Perry, Ga this past March.