RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-09-2020, 05:01 AM   #1

This is one of the reason we went with Newmar

I brought the coach home from storage Tuesday, and started prepping for our trip today. While checking everything over I decided to treat the Black and Grey tanks. While I haven't been overly impressed with the water pressure the pump puts out, it gets the job done. Yesterday at 3:15pm I went out to do something and hit the pump switch and nothing happened. No light, and no pump. I checked the fuse and it looked good. I called Newmar thinking that maybe I could get on a list to get a call back. They transferred me over to Service and a gentleman by the name of Brian picked up. He told me some things to check and recommended that I find the controller and see if it has power. I hung up and went looking in the wet bay. I found it and called back. This time I got Steve in the Service Dept. He said there is one simple test to tell if it is the controller or the pump. He said to grab a fuse (not the one for the water pump) and plug the wires labeled load and ground onto the legs of the fuse. If the pump runs, it's the controller that's bad. The pump turned on. Steve Transferred me to the Parts Dept, and I ordered the replacement. I was then transferred back to Service (Bruce this time) to make sure it would be ok to leave the fuse in line for our trip.

Two calls to Newmar Customer Service, and talked to 3 different people. I got the problem identified and the replacement part ordered. All this for a 6 year old coach. This is not the first time something like this has happened when dealing with them.. Newmar Customer Service is what the other companies whish they had.

Happy Newmar Customer

BPoland is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-09-2020, 06:03 AM   #2

When i broke my slide, the factory was closed for covid. They sent me detailed instructions on how to fix, and shipped the part overnight for free.

Old 07-09-2020, 03:08 PM   #3

Same good service I have had and I have one older than yours . Only way to go.

Bill Gail &2 Shiba Inu brats
2004 Northern Star
2014 Malibu AF1
Bill Angle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 03:26 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I had a similar experience with Entegra. Very responsive and prompt shipment of the parts to resolve my issue. The only way to go........
Old 07-09-2020, 11:00 PM   #5

It will be the reason our second RV will be a Newmar.

They are great. Is there service lifetime?

We bought our RV new in November. Whenever it got below freezing, we would wake up freezing. Turns out, we didn't have the furnace activated at all. It didn't show up on the thermostat. Steve was telling me to switch to furnace. Nope, its not there. He then tells me I need to go up to the roof, open up the AC unit, there will be a small panel with a bunch of switches, switch number 8, and that will activate the furnace. Sure enough, it worked. Funny, that night, we had nice even heat all night long.
sbmizzou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 07:34 AM   #6

Carry an extra latching relay ( controller) for the next time it goes bad .... and it will
Old 07-10-2020, 10:35 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Bought our 2020 in April and have had several calls to customer service for technical problems or to ask dumb questions. Got a person on the phone and resolved the issue every time so far. On two occasions they put the vendor tech support on conference call to get to the bottom of something quickly. Now that is getting it done!
RVStitchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 03:13 PM   #8

Glad some folks are having good experiences. Lucky for me that I have only had minor issues with my 2017 VentanaLE. Every call I make has left me totally frustrated. They can't tell me how the coax is run to the tvs, and where's the fuse for the steps, HA.
Old 07-16-2020, 05:59 AM   #9

I've also gotten great help when calling Newmar. And, for some parts, their prices are very competitive such as replacement wiper blades (at least for our Bay Star when I ordered them a couple of months ago).

I just hope that with the company being bought out by Winnebago that their customer service isn't impacted. When we had our Winnebago Minnie trailer, I found Winnebago customer service to be pretty good.
Brake Buddy, 2015 Chevy Malibu
scbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 06:33 AM   #10

Like others I was happy with newmars customer service. They are quick to give answers and never left me hanging. Let’s just hope they continue in this fashion. Safe travels

Enjoy the journey
Old 07-16-2020, 07:37 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventana LE View Post
Glad some folks are having good experiences. Lucky for me that I have only had minor issues with my 2017 VentanaLE. Every call I make has left me totally frustrated. They can't tell me how the coax is run to the tvs, and where's the fuse for the steps, HA.
That is one area of improvement. We came out of an Airstream Interstate (The Class B). Had full schematics and plumbing diagrams along with descriptions on where to find certain items. Wish they would offer the same. So far a schematic is not possible.

RVStitchy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newmar