Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-19-2021, 07:56 PM   #1

Thumbs down Thoughts on Newmar Newgle?

I had high hopes for this.

We previously had a Winnebago Class C. The availability of information for our rig was incredible. Wiring and plumbing schematics all available online with a click of a button. We printed out many a helpful page, thanks to Winnebago. Extremely helpful with DIY ventures.

Winnebago also provided, in addition to the usual manuals and guides, a separate load of printed matter totally specific to our vehicle. We were very grateful and referred to it often.

Fast forward to our Newmar purchase.

The literature that came with our coach was nothing more than what we could have downloaded from manufacturers' websites.

We registered our coach with Newgle and expected information personalized to our coach.

What we got instead was a poorly organized bunch of what seemed to be copies of product manuals. All with the disclaimer along the lines of "this may not be specific to your coach."

No access to schematics, all broadly generic stuff that is easily accessible via a Google.com search.

Really disappointed with how Newmar handles its information sharing with their customers.
GeoNan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-19-2021, 09:35 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Yeah. Newgle does need some work. I started out with a similar expectation in terms of schematics, etc. Instead, I’ve found this forum to be a much more valuable resource.

I did, however, receive rudimentary wiring and plumbing schematics as part of the paper package I received when we picked up the coach. The schematics weren’t in the Newmar “black bag” that had all the manuals in it. The schematics were part of a package in another envelope that also included the service delivery checklist and was entitled “service documents” or something like that. We received them for both our canyon star and for our Ventana.

Hoping you at least got those as a start!
Mighty_J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 12:18 AM   #3

In my opinion it's pretty worthless and needs a major overhaul.
sramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 03:42 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Agreed. Was very disappointed. I have tried searching for different things and I don't recall every getting anything helpful. If I was Newmar I would take the site down - it looks half arse, incomplete and does not properly represent the quality of the company.
RVStitchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 05:16 AM   #5

Horribly designed and inefficient, nearly impossible to find anything
Winger2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 06:26 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
I don’t necessarily disagree with any of the above, but I will say it is a huge improvement over the info that was available for my ‘05 KSDP.
USMCRET is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 06:39 AM   #7

Web design aside, they can only provide what documentation that they have.

All of their DPs are custom builds. Accurate chassis and house wiring schematics are not available.

Should Newmar provide them on coaches built going forward - yes they should. Will they - probably not in the top 10 of the things they are addressing.
bentjm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 09:25 AM   #8

Newgle is stuck in the 1990's

I'll come to the forums here before I even think about Newgle.

There are ways to provide exact information on an almost limitless number of combinations and permutations of builds using xml schema's - the same way airline manufacturers do. A 737 delivered to one company may have completely different components and structure, yet the manuals are complete and easily kept up-to-date. This kind of technology is available and relatively inexpensive to deploy. Newgle is stuck in the 1990's.
Guy_from_SF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 03:45 PM   #9
jrs

Agree with everything above but add that it's better than nothing
jrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 05:04 PM   #10

This is disheartening, we are due to pick up our Newmar this coming Monday, and I was looking forward to to Newgle to help me really get to understand the vehicle. I haven’t found a lot searching here or just general Google searches. The Line sheet (this is a used 2018 Ventana) doesn’t give any specifics on model of accessory, just lists the name brand and maybe add something like “10 cu. ft.” to the refrigerator line. How are you learning what specific accessories make up your coach? Wiring schematics? What version MH3000 transmission? So many questions I was hoping this would help answer.
Tooltime2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 09:28 PM   #11

About 2 years ago we were at the factory and spent a number of hours talking to the then 6 full time staff members about our LA and Newgle. The first think we learned is they just don't much in general about motor homes or even Newmar motor homes. When we were there we even asked questions they had no idea about what we talking about and couldn't give us basic information. Would suggest to Newmar that after 5 plus years of Newgle, and were they are still today, to cut the program and use the saving to not have to raise the cost as much as they have.
Newmar Man
tom chelbana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 06:29 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
[QUOTE=tom chelbana;5992443]About 2 years ago we were at the factory and spent a number of hours talking to the then 6 full time staff members about our LA and Newgle. The first think we learned is they just don't much in general about motor homes or even Newmar motor homes. When we were there we even asked questions they had no idea about what we talking about and couldn't give us basic information. Would suggest to Newmar that after 5 plus years of Newgle, and were they are still today, to cut the program and use the saving to not have to raise the cost as much as they have.
Newmar Man

I have found an incredible amount of useful data on Newgle for our coach. I also find it very easy to contact my coach’s CSR to get specific schematics on numerous subsystems.
Clemson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 01:07 PM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom chelbana View Post
About 2 years ago we were at the factory and spent a number of hours talking to the then 6 full time staff members about our LA and Newgle. The first think we learned is they just don't much in general about motor homes or even Newmar motor homes. When we were there we even asked questions they had no idea about what we talking about and couldn't give us basic information. Would suggest to Newmar that after 5 plus years of Newgle, and were they are still today, to cut the program and use the saving to not have to raise the cost as much as they have.
Newmar Man
You will get all the manuals. Probably the same amount of information that you might find in Newgle. I have not had any luck getting any kind of schematics for electrical, plumbing, etc.

Often if you are having problems with a particular product you will get good support from the OEM.
RVStitchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 05:44 AM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Newgle returns WRONG model coach from issued VIN

Cannot get Newgle or dealer to reconcile the issue.

The dealer docs and Newgle show coach serial number and VIN.

When searching by coach serial number nothing is found.
When searching with last 7 digits of VIN a completely different coach model is found.

Sent an email to newgle (but it might just be forwarded to the same customer svc mail box that told me to just go to dealer for questions)

Anyway dealer assured me that all is correct and delivery on schedule for Jan.

It is just frustrating a piece of technology advertised by NEWMAR for the customer's convenience would be so out of whack. Not to mention the doubt about if my coach is correct in the database vs reality of whats being built issues.
FloridaSon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newmar