Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-03-2021, 07:17 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Tire monitoring System

So we are on our first camp in our new 2020 Ventana. Our shake down cruise. Went to Florida from Georgia for two weeks. So far no real issues outside still trying to figure out a couple things. One thing that I cannot figure out is the tire monitoring system shows all —- instead of tire pressure. Whether moving or not. Wondering is this is because it sat at the dealer for almost a year before we bought it as a left over new unit? A little research I think the sensors are inside the wheel?
Chargersrt8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-03-2021, 08:20 AM   #2

I have had nothing but problems with my Freightliner tire pressure system since the day I picked up our London Aire. Freightliner seemed to have no idea how to fix it, at first they said it was a software issue then it became antenna issue. They have replaced the antenna, the module, then moved the antenna. I keep getting 136psi and 401 degrees reading after 15-30 minutes of driving. I sometimes get the dashes that you have gotten. I have made two trips to FCCC and one trip to Southbend Freightliner. I gave up two weeks ago and purchased a TST tire pressure system and sent the bill to Freightliner for reimbursement. I can't stand driving and not seeing what the tires are doing. Newmar has been involved with this and I am hoping to hear from Freightliner this week. Hope you have better luck than me.
96kpmjmm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 08:29 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Our chassis is a Spartan. Is the system the same?
Chargersrt8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 08:38 AM   #4

Following, as I’m pretty anal regarding tire pressure. I’ve heard 2nd hand mixed reviews on both factory and aftermarket systems so I’m very interested in members first hand experience.
clawsonbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 08:39 AM   #5

I believe my system is called Valor.
Old 01-03-2021, 08:50 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by clawsonbob View Post
Following, as I’m pretty anal regarding tire pressure. I’ve heard 2nd hand mixed reviews on both factory and aftermarket systems so I’m very interested in members first hand experience.
As for aftermarket, I had TST system on my 2016 Dutchstar. I never had a problem with TST and customer support has been great. So i now have all 12 wheels on my TST display. My Freightliner dash works about 50% of the time and after I stop and shut off engine it usually reboots all the tires for a bit.
Old 01-03-2021, 10:14 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96kpmjmm View Post
I have had nothing but problems with my Freightliner tire pressure system since the day I picked up our London Aire. Freightliner seemed to have no idea how to fix it, at first they said it was a software issue then it became antenna issue. They have replaced the antenna, the module, then moved the antenna. I keep getting 136psi and 401 degrees reading after 15-30 minutes of driving. I sometimes get the dashes that you have gotten. I have made two trips to FCCC and one trip to Southbend Freightliner. I gave up two weeks ago and purchased a TST tire pressure system and sent the bill to Freightliner for reimbursement. I can't stand driving and not seeing what the tires are doing. Newmar has been involved with this and I am hoping to hear from Freightliner this week. Hope you have better luck than me.

There is a long promised software update “coming soon” - I’m told. Been waiting a year - but apparently Freightliner now have it; but need to roll it out as a campaign.
ChrisFSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 03:39 AM   #8

Tire monitoring system

I have the Valor system also. It picks up PSI & temp from coach tires but the tow vehicle will not display on the dash. Spartan moved the antenna to just forward of the rock flap. The Spartan tech got the tow vehicle to display while at Spartan. Of course once down the road it stopped displaying. Apparently there is a sequence of smart wheel button pushing that must occur after each start up that I do not understand.
Old 01-04-2021, 05:45 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96kpmjmm View Post
As for aftermarket, I had TST system on my 2016 Dutchstar. I never had a problem with TST and customer support has been great. So i now have all 12 wheels on my TST display. My Freightliner dash works about 50% of the time and after I stop and shut off engine it usually reboots all the tires for a bit.
Thanks Kevin, that’s good to hear some first hand experiences. We have a 2015 DS 4369 and I’m looking at all the aftermarket TPMS options.
clawsonbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 06:15 AM   #10

I've been very happy with the RVi brake tire patrol system on my 13 MADP. With RVi you have TPMS, towed vehicle braking and battery charge monitoring as well as a leveling app all on a color android tablet. Plus whatever apps they might develop in the future. I have all 12 tires monitoring for psi temp and it shows signal strength at each tire too. The sensors are sealed for reliability so when you need to replace batteries you call them up and they send you new ones for $10 each. They are marked and pre calibrated for each specific wheel location. They're fairly small and lightweight. Hope this helps.
Old 01-04-2021, 07:08 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Hi Rich,
I have a 2020 Ventana 4037 on a Spartan chassis, and although the display shows a spot for tire pressures, they do not come standard on the Ventana. I got a quote from my dealer (North Trail) to install factory sensors and program to work with the Spartan dash and it came in at $3,500 which is of course rediculous. Apparently they don't work very well anyway. DW gave me a TST system for Christmas which I will install this week!
Old 01-04-2021, 07:13 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
I just gave up on RVi after over three years of never having it operate correctly. I had all sensors replaced over the time I had the system. Sometimes they'd work a little, and then never work again. Or I had to restart or repair the sensors for them to maybe work a little bit. It never gave me peace of mind because the information didn't usually come through on all the sensors. Customer service was great, but they just were never able to get it working 100%. I just replaced RVi with EEZ and the EEZ isn't quite as flashy, but it's simple and works... so far.
CMHMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 10:57 AM   #13

Bought one of the inexpensive VeSafe 10pc units and a repeater antenna from Amazon a few months ago. I have the head unit suction-cupped to the dash to the right of the front windowshade switch. It reports temp and pressure from all six tires in the coach, the two tires on my dolly trailer, and the two rear tires on my wife's car. On basically the very last day of our last trip (about a week ago) one of the stem sensors on the trailer stopped reporting. I tinkered with it, replaced the battery, didn't seem to come back to life. Sent VeSafe a message via Amazon, they had a replacement part out the next business day. I'm generally OK with this response, crap happens and maybe it's just an early birth defect?

I mounted the repeater in the "power cabinet" above the toilet with zipties around the black tank vent tube. Ran the wiring up and over so it all integrates nicely with the 12v power system, specifically using an open 12v fuse location and some proper crimped ends to make it all look like it belongs there. Without the repeater, the inboard rear driver tire would occasionally go missing and the passenger side rear tire of the towed vehicle (basically, furthest tire from where the head unit sits) would also blink out. Repeater solved both problems.
Old 01-04-2021, 11:55 PM   #14

I have a 2020 Dutch Star. My TPMS showed dashes on all the back tires. They relocated the antenna and they seem to work now.
Flying K is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
monitor