Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-23-2022, 08:24 PM   #1

Tire pressure monitor system most used

I've had Pressure Pro tire monitoring system since 2004, have replaced sensors a couple of times but are needing some replaced again, at $43 each for the 12. And besides all the replacements it seems the monitor is always about 4-6# low on actual pressure.

Since this system gives pressure only, I was wondering if there seems to be any consenses as to which brand seems to be working the best as I can probably buy a complete new system vs replacing so many sending sensors on my current system and also gain more recent improvements on the new system.

Didn't know if this will be a Ford, Chev, Dodge question or not.
Any help appreciated.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-23-2022, 10:57 PM   #2
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
TST is probably one of the most popular, but Tire Minder has stepped up their game and the new model shows all the tires at once versus scrolling thru tire by tire like the TST does.

Click image for larger version

Name:	TireMinder-A1AS-4.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	199.1 KB
ID:	369178
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 03:21 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Very happy with EezTire for four years.
WardSimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 05:09 AM   #4
Community Moderator

Another vote for Eez-tire.
pasdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 07:08 AM   #5

I've had the Tire Minder for a couple of months now and so far it's been great. As Don mentioned above, I can see all of my tires at once and I don't have to do any scrolling. I hope it's as durable as it is convenient.
DutchStarJez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 08:03 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
TST is probably one of the most popular, but Tire Minder has stepped up their game and the new model shows all the tires at once versus scrolling thru tire by tire like the TST does.

Attachment 369178
We have TST and it is very accurate but the scrolling is the only negative to the system.
rffowler55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 09:51 AM   #7

No experience but TireMinder looks easier to read at a glance than TST.
outlawten5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 09:58 AM   #8

I’m using Tireminder I 10 unit for my toad.
The I 10 unit can monitor 20 tires at one time
10 per screen. X 2 screens.
So you can monitor a tag axle motorhome and 4 tires on your toad easy
It’s excellent
When my River park sensors die, I’m going to switch my motorhome to the Tireminder.
Why?
River Park charges $60 for the sensor with no way to replace the battery. I already had 4 go bad during the warranty period.
Tireminder sensors have replaceable batteries. I can by 2 sensors for $79.
2cyber71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 10:01 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have the TST on coach and tow vehicle. Yes you have to scroll through, but how often are you checking each tire? If the system is working it will let you know if you have a slow leak. I mounted the repeater next to engine batteries in the rear. I have never had a dropped reading from coach or toad.

My 2021 DSDP also has the integrated Valor TPMS. It will typically give me a high pressure reading on my drive wheels when they reach 102 psi. In run 90 psi cold. I do not feel a 12 lb psi change in 95+ temperature as excessive.

I will say my TST and the Valor system is normally within +/- 1-2 lbs of each other. I just have a much better comfort level with the TST.

Plus if you go to the Tampa Show or the National FMCA rallies stop by their booth they will give you new seals for the pressure caps.
2012 JEEP Liberty 4WD,Demco Dominator, AF1
GW4607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 10:29 AM   #10
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Just to clarify, I have the TST 507 with 12 sensors. It works great and has been running without an issue for 8 years. However, if I had to buy one TODAY, I would probably go with the Tire Minder so that when I glance down, all tires can be seen at once.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 04:29 PM   #11

Not that it's scientific, but in the former "Motor Home Magazine" annual awards for best products, Tire Minder was usually the gold star winner in the tire pressure monitoring category.

Pressure Pro took me back more than a few years when I read that! I always seemed to have hit and miss reception from the toad with that system. Tire Minder has a small relay signal booster you mount at the back of your RV to ensure good reception way up front in large coaches. I've had good results with my Tire Minder, though mine takes scrolling to get each tire's current info. Of course warnings come up regardless.

For $5 a year you can get all your new batteries and oring seals direct from Tire Minder. So I'm getting a dozen batteries and rings to cover rig and toad. Good deal!
Old 06-24-2022, 05:02 PM   #12

Been running an Eze TPMS for 3 years. Overall it works well. I need 2 more sensors so not sure if I want to go all new or just 2 sensors @ $40 each.
Old 06-24-2022, 05:11 PM   #13

TireMinder makes several models. My older unit worked ok but wasn’t very accurate. Still useful for showing pressure changes. I now use the i10 and it has worked wonderfully. The reported pressures are so accurate that I rarely check with a gauge.. also the TireMinder staff is wonderful and they even send you new sender batteries every year for free. The only drawback - which isn’t much - is that the display needs to be recharged at the end of each day’s travel.
Old 06-24-2022, 05:45 PM   #14

Thanks for all that wonderful information. Definitely sounds like I should upgrade to a newer system than trying to keep the Pressure Pro going. Right now I have several tires on the coach that checks with a large truck type gauge at 92 to 110, yet the monitor is showing 86 to 90. May have to take the ones off my toad and replace those for the trip home.

Rather have something blow up on the toad than the coach.

Tags
monitor, pressure, tire, tire pressure