Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-23-2022, 12:33 PM   #1

Tire pressure monitoring system

Iím considering installing an tst tire monitoring system. Anyone had any experience with this product or recommend some other system
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-23-2022, 12:38 PM   #2

I have used TST for 11 years now. I upgraded from a B&W monitor to a Color monitor 5 years ago as well as flow thru sensors on the drive and tag tires. I kept the cap sensors on the front tires and the toad, which is a CR-V. I run a repeater that I connected to the 12VDC panel in the half bath. System has worked very well
Old 01-23-2022, 12:44 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregSib View Post
Iím considering installing an tst tire monitoring system. Anyone had any experience with this product or recommend some other system

We had a Tireminder system for 5 years and would regularly get sensor failure alerts while driving; even with the repeater we couldnít go 250miles without at least one dual with signal loss and an alarm. We replaced the batteries and that didnít seam to help.

Switched to a TST system last June and had 3500 miles with only one alarm. And it was a real low pressure on our Expedition. Exactly what you want in a system.

So 100% recommended to get the TST507. I have the color monitor and did not get flow-thru caps. Signal booster is in the rear wardrobe powered from the light.

- Richard
RandDescape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 12:45 PM   #4

Ditto ewlee comments. Had mine for three years. Have flow thru on the coach and caps on the toad. Put a repeater back in the battery box for the toad. Other than changing sensor batteries one time, have had no issues at all. Great system. Best on whatever you decide.
Warhorse6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 01:53 PM   #5

TST is what I use
Old 01-23-2022, 02:03 PM   #6
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
I have the TST unit. I don't care for the flow thru caps as they're longer and stick out, especially on the front wheels. It's no big deal to pull the caps every six months to adjust tire pressure. They just unscrew.

You can try, but more than likely, you'll need a repeater if you put the caps on your toad. I tried it without the repeater and kept losing the signal. You can get the repeater from TST.

On mine, I installed the repeater on the front wall of the chassis battery bay and tap into the batteries with a fuse.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 02:14 PM   #7

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I've been using the TST 507 system for 9 years now on my coach & single axle trailer covering 8 tires in all with flow thru sensors. It saved me a big expensive headache the first season I had it..alerting to a rapid air loss on the right trailer tire ay 70 mph!
Pulled over to find the rubber valve stem was cracking to the centrifugal force bending at hwy speed. It didn't leak if standing still so I zipped tied the stem to the slotted wheel which had 18 psi left at the diagnose..aired it up & went no faster than 30 mph to the nearest tire place & had both stems replaced with steel ones. the TST system saved my butt!
groveln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 03:44 PM   #8

Another happy TST owner here - had them on 6 coach tires for one year now without issues. I too mounted signal repeater in chassis battery bay. Ventana 3436
MCRV Passion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 05:05 PM   #9
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
One last note on the TST and probably other brands. As part of my yearly coach maintenance, I replace the batteries and O-rings in each of 12 sensors. I get the O-ring kits from TST.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 05:03 AM   #10
GKU

We Use TST on the Jeep. The 2022LA came with internal sensors that I am still trying to get working correctly.

I am getting a repeater/antenna kit installed that is supposed to take care of the internal sensor problem.
GKU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 07:09 AM   #11

I have a Tire Minder and it's always been a bit too "chatty" for my liking. Originally, I put the repeater in the rear battery bay but I still had drop outs on the toad. Zip-tied it near the receiver hitch. Much better. I find the pressure readings on all tires can still be glitchy at times. Kind of wish I went with TST.
Old 01-24-2022, 07:19 AM   #12

I too had constant false alarms with tireminder. That was on a 27’ RV with a repeater. It’s sad when companies sell products that just don’t work. I don’t feel it is my job to trouble shoot their equipment. So, I’ll never by another one of their products. “You only get one chance to make a good impression.”
klspahr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 07:44 AM   #13

I have TST and it has been great. It is a 5th wheel and the repeater was not necessary. I have had one occasion to use there service and it was great. No complaints.
mtpocket21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 08:26 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by weird View Post
I have a Tire Minder and it's always been a bit too "chatty" for my liking. Originally, I put the repeater in the rear battery bay but I still had drop outs on the toad. Zip-tied it near the receiver hitch. Much better. I find the pressure readings on all tires can still be glitchy at times. Kind of wish I went with TST.
Exact same thing. Iíll use my TireMinder for a while because I have it. Wouldnít recommend it to anyone. Iíve learned to ignore a lot of my false warnings because if you look at the temp reading of the tire with the warning, for example, on a 100 deg day, the temp reading of that tire may be 32 deg causing a false low pressure.
Country Road is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
monitor, tire, tire pressure