Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-01-2021, 09:35 AM   #15

Have you also had the rigs tracking and alignment checked in addition to other suggestions here?
BigMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-01-2021, 10:11 AM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Quote:
Originally Posted by LETMGROW View Post
I wish your wife and you the very best.
Please let us know when you are back on here. I'd like to see those pictures and I'm sure some others would as well.
X3 - Hoping all goes well and you get back on the road soon!
R.Wold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 11:14 AM   #17

Hope all goes well with your wife.

Of course a photo will help when the time comes, as would having a tire place look at them. One thing to note about some RV and truck tires is the outer tread can have fewer to no sipes which makes that tread look "bald". Attached is a photo of my front tire (different brand). I replaced the tires last year and this one has less than 5000 miles on it. All 6 of my tires look the same. I weighed all four corners and run my tires at the recommended pressures for the load.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210801_130732195.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	318.4 KB
ID:	338003  
astrnmrtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 11:55 AM   #18

Good luck with the Mrs.

Of course a photo will help when the time comes, as would having a tire place look at them. One thing to note about some RV and truck tires is the outer tread can have fewer to no sipes which makes that tread look "bald". Attached is a photo of my front tire (different brand). I replaced the all 6 tires last year, and this one has less than 5000 miles on it. All 6 of my tires look the same. I weighed all four corners and run my tires at the recommended pressures for the load.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210801_130732195.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	318.4 KB
ID:	338004  
Old 08-02-2021, 06:36 AM   #19

I had to chuckle when I saw your picture. I took my coach to a friend's shop and had two new Michelin tires installed on the front and had the alignment checked.
The next day I went to a campground only 21 miles from home and while I was putting the awning out a fellow walked by, stopped and was looking at my front tire. He asked me how much air pressure I ran in my front tires. I told him it was 80#. He promptly said it might not be enough as the outside treads were wearing off. I told him the tires had a total of just over 30 miles on them as they were new the day before and that's the way they're made. He just shook his head and walked away. I really don't think he believed me.
Old 08-02-2021, 10:41 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrnmrtom View Post
Hope all goes well with your wife.

Of course a photo will help when the time comes, as would having a tire place look at them. One thing to note about some RV and truck tires is the outer tread can have fewer to no sipes which makes that tread look "bald". Attached is a photo of my front tire (different brand). I replaced the tires last year and this one has less than 5000 miles on it. All 6 of my tires look the same. I weighed all four corners and run my tires at the recommended pressures for the load.
This is similar to my tires...this comment is incredibly helpful...but will have a tire store check them just to be sure....also will be checking on inflation pressure from the tire store.....very much appreciate all comments and the concern shared by all.
Ken-Newmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 08:35 PM   #21

Glad it helped. Don't know why I have two of the same post. Oops.

Just be aware that not all tire places will give correct inflation numbers for RVs. Some will go by the manufacturer's sticker and others will just inflate them to the max listed on the tire. The correct pressure for your specific rig won't be known without weighing all four corners with the rig loaded for use. Then you check the manufacturers inflation chart and inflate for that load. Some truck weigh stations can do it.
Old 08-10-2021, 05:27 PM   #22

Sounds like way under inflation. Look on sidewall of tire for cold max air pressure at max load for that particular tire. Duels with the same tire will be a different rating. Rule of thumb is if you are not overloaded is put 90% of max cold pressure in each tire. Again check with tires cold, like first thing in the morning.
Harley 2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 06:35 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley 2012 View Post
Sounds like way under inflation. Look on sidewall of tire for cold max air pressure at max load for that particular tire. Duels with the same tire will be a different rating. Rule of thumb is if you are not overloaded is put 90% of max cold pressure in each tire. Again check with tires cold, like first thing in the morning.
Hi Harley...tires inflated to near maximum, so they are not under inflated. One of the responders mentioned that the outside of Class A motorhome tires do not have the little indentations the rest of the tire has...so it might appear bald and worn out on the very outside inch or so of the tire tread but it may very well be normal. Where did you arrive at the 90% of max suggestion?...sounds interesting.
Ken-Newmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 05:46 PM   #24

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley 2012 View Post
Have heard a lot of campfire tire stories over the years but not that one???
Kountry_star is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire, tires