Last Monday leaving for the race at Homestead our new ATME would not start. After going thru the circuits we called Spartan who said we will come tow you. We did not want to be towed after all the horror strories lately and asked for a mechanic to come to us-but the policy is if a mechanic(who is a local deisel mechanic, not necessarily experienecd in our unit)cannot solve the problem the owner has to pay for towing. After opting out we asked for drawings which Spartan emailed us and we determined the problem was either the neutral relay or the keypad. After numerous on/off, neutral/drive with the keypaid the unit started and has not failed since. PS-race was great and we had a constant stream of lookers at the ATME 4153 with garage-Harley/bedroom/WD setup!
As a side bar we noticed a couple of things after 9 days dry camping:
1. The new automatic toilets use a lot more water than the older pedal type toilets even after programing changes!
2. Although specs say the freshwater tank is 105 gal.-actual is closer to 80 gal.
3. Very difficult to fill freshwater tank with a small pump and container-will try bypassing the system filter next time.
4. We changed the water pump to a 5.7 Smartpump which used water a lot faster(than the standard pump)-especially with guests!
5. The inverter with four batteries heldup good-having to recharge batteries every 24 hours(we had TVs(5) on constantly, coffee pot, ice maker,etc.)