Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-23-2018, 05:02 PM   #43

I did not think it would fit our Jeep either. But, there is more space below the hood than it appears. I found a happy place for it on the driver's side just forward of the brake reservoir. One side is bolted to the body, the other side secured with quick ties. Good position as the wires from the firewall come to there.
Delta Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-23-2018, 05:45 PM   #44

I have the Invisisibrake in toad and it works great.
Heinz Gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 05:53 PM   #45

Ford Super Duty Owner
Foretravel Owners Club
I use a brake buddy in my 2017 wrangler and in works great. I've towed all over the country and never had an issue of any kind. I've had it hooked up for 6 full days and it didn't wear the battery down. I like it because it's easy in and out and it doesn't come on when my engine brake comes on. I set the unit at 50 psi and 4 for sensitivity.
mrfix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 05:55 PM   #46

Monaco Owners Club
Yes, M&G.
My only suggestion...drive to Texas and let them install it! Had it 4 years now, and even Honda dealer wanted to know who did the “clean, and factory-look” install”.
Old 12-23-2018, 06:35 PM   #47

I have AF1 in a Mini Cooper. Plenty of room and works great. Highly recommend!
sneffels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 06:38 PM   #48

Monaco Owners Club
Totally New to RV'ng

We just purchased out RV in June and have never owned or used one before. I had to start new with everything to tow my F-150. I bought the RVi3 Brake. Only thing I had to install was the breakaway switch with one bolt through an existing hole. The only thing I have to do is set it on the floor, lift up an arm to slip over the brake peddle and plug a cord into the cigarette lighter socket. The wireless command tablet just sits in a bean bag mount on the coach dash. I can't say enough great things about their customer service. Now I have something I can easily take from vehicle to vehicle .... or even rent it out LOL.
MI FLA Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 10:43 PM   #49

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lass View Post
ColCruiser. I have a 2018 JL Rubicon and started the AF1 install last week. The control module is easily Velcroed on top of the passenger side fuse box and stays secure. The 1/4” air line can be run into the JL at the wiring grommet on the same side and under the dash to the driver side.

The 4 mounting blots used at the brake pedal appear to be to short so I have to run out to Ace and get some longer.

The install is time consuming but not bad. I ran my lines but need to do the final connections. Attachment 228688

I also had the dealer look for the best place for the brake vacuum line and they suggested not cutting into the factory lines. Pull this hose and connect here. Driver side near front of engine. . Attachment 228689
Dealer installed my AF-1 in the same place, but actually screwed it to the box lid and put in relief loop to make getting to the fuses easier.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 12:04 AM   #50
JRI

I opted for the Air Force 1 in my 2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited. Unit was mounted vertically on the left side. Problem free and works great. I had to have both the Jeep and Newmar sides installed as the New Aire is only equipped with the hitch.
JRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 10:12 AM   #51

Air Force One Braking System

I had an AF1 installed on my 2014 Jeep Wrangler. Technician mounted it on top of the Jeep brake booster using two brackets he made then used the top studs that mount the booster to mount the brackets. Then he tied (zip ties) the unit to the brackets. Wish I had pictures but I removed it cause I sold the Jeep. I still have the main unit, the brake pedal actuator unit and the break away switch. The system worked flawlessly for three years that I used it. Just hook up the air line and go. ( all is for sale if you want to save some $ ) Demco (AF1) has excellent product support and you can get full instructions from them for free.

Gene and Pana Trujillo & Milo
2015 Winnebago Journey 40R
Gene.trujillo89@gmail.com
geneorpana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 11:40 AM   #52

Brake System

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColCruiser View Post
We finally decided on ordering new 19 Mountain Aire 4018 with Spartan K3 chassis.
I realize K3 comes standard with Air Force One installed on coach. However installing
second AF1 module on 18 Jeep Wrangler JL will be problematic due to under the hood space limitations.

Q) Im sure some Newmar folks have encountered this issue so wondering how you handled the toad breaking system?

Trailer hitch folks are recommending RVibrake3 system. Probably cost about same to
install second AF1 module to Jeep.

Any comments would be welcome.
I bought/used the Ready Brute towbar with integrated brake system. Terribly easy to use. No fumbling, just hook up the bar and cables, and go!
Ready Brake and Ready Brute Home
Jautry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 04:53 PM   #53

I installed the RoadMaster air brake with break away on my 2012 Chev Traverse. Works great!!
Danesrus3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 02:16 PM   #54

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneffels View Post
I have AF1 in a Mini Cooper. Plenty of room and works great. Highly recommend!
Where did you mount the control box? I can’t find a spot on my 2005 Mini Cooper S
tubitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 08:31 AM   #55

AF1 in Mini Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubitz View Post
Where did you mount the control box? I can’t find a spot on my 2005 Mini Cooper S
Don't know if the Countryman is different under the hood, but here's a picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AF1 MC.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	278.4 KB
ID:	233434  
sneffels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 07:52 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColCruiser View Post
Yes the 3.6L V6 takes up a lot of space under the hood but youre right, i should at least run it by an experienced installer.
I have the air force one installed on my Jeep JL Rubicon. Located over front right wheel well.
Dwane is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
toad