RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-10-2019, 04:20 PM   #1

TOAD Portable Water

My New Aire only holds 75 gallons of water. But now my TOAD has another 30. Easy to cross fill with a drill pump. Aquatank2.

turbopilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-10-2019, 06:13 PM   #2

From what I have heard the 2020 New Aire will have a 90 gallon fuel tank and a engine up grade to the 450 ISL engine. Maybe the fresh water tank will be increased?
Newmar Man

tom chelbana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 06:34 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom chelbana View Post
From what I have heard the 2020 New Aire will have a 90 gallon fuel tank and a engine up grade to the 450 ISL engine. Maybe the fresh water tank will be increased?
Newmar Man
You are talking about the 35' model. It does have 105 gallons of water. With that bigger engine and significantly heavier weight it will need 90 gallons of diesel.

My 33'9" 3343 is all the coach I need. I don't live in this thing, just take month long summer trips. I have 25 gallons of auxiliary diesel in the basement and my TOAD can keep the water topped without moving the coach.
Old 05-10-2019, 06:39 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Looks like a good solution

2018 Dutch Star 4369 Spartan!
2017 Jeep Wrangler Smoky Mountain
2016 Canyon Star 3710 SOLD
Stuart W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 08:18 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Location: Northwest Washington State or Western Montana, depending on the season.
Just do be sure to change out the water in the aux supply periodically. It is easy to forget and let it sit for longer than it should. Water does have a "shelf life."

TJ
Old 05-10-2019, 08:40 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranquil Jim View Post
Just do be sure to change out the water in the aux supply periodically. It is easy to forget and let it sit for longer than it should. Water does have a "shelf life."

TJ
I don't routinely carry any water in the TOAD. Bag is folded up ready to go. When the water gets low in the coach I just drive the TOAD to a spigot and make a transfer. Much better than taking the coach somewhere just for water.
Old 05-10-2019, 09:06 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Location: Northwest Washington State or Western Montana, depending on the season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbopilot View Post
I don't routinely carry any water in the TOAD. Bag is folded up ready to go. When the water gets low in the coach I just drive the TOAD to a spigot and make a transfer. Much better than taking the coach somewhere just for water.
Good plan!

TJ
Old 05-11-2019, 06:38 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
My New Aire only holds 75 gallons of water. But now my TOAD has another 30. Easy to cross fill with a drill pump. Aquatank2.

Another great Turbopilot find! I bought these 5 Gallon Coleman Jugs (3) to take boondocking for safety but the AQUATANK2 bladder seems like a great option. Various sizes but I think what you found is a good price point. Now it's a matter of whether I'll ever use this i.e. go boondocking long enough to need it (solo) as I'm still feeling out the boondocking situation and risk in RV's while still gaining confidence in their reliability.

The next question is transferring the water. I looked on amazon and saw drill pumps, a pump that plugs into 120V, and one that connects to a battery. Any recommendations?

ECO-FLO Drill Pump for $15

JABSCO for $40

Plug-in Type (120V) for $80

Battery connect type for $70

As it's something I'd rarely use I think compact will be the winner. Drill operated. Something with garden hose fittings on each side would be ideal too.

Edit: I ordered a drill pump and the 120V pump. I figured if one fails I'll have a spare of another type.

VISA warns me to not visit this site for 30 days.
NealC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 07:20 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by NealC View Post
Another great Turbopilot find! I bought these 5 Gallon Coleman Jugs (3) to take boondocking for safety but the AQUATANK2 bladder seems like a great option. Various sizes but I think what you found is a good price point. Now it's a matter of whether I'll ever use this i.e. go boondocking long enough to need it (solo) as I'm still feeling out the boondocking situation and risk in RV's while still gaining confidence in their reliability.

The next question is transferring the water. I looked on amazon and saw drill pumps, a pump that plugs into 120V, and one that connects to a battery. Any recommendations?

ECO-FLO Drill Pump for $15

JABSCO for $40

Plug-in Type (120V) for $80

Battery connect type for $70

As it's something I'd rarely use I think compact will be the winner. Drill operated. Something with garden hose fittings on each side would be ideal too.

Edit: I ordered a drill pump and the 120V pump. I figured if one fails I'll have a spare of another type.

VISA warns me to not visit this site for 30 days.
I opted for the drill pump because it was all ready on board and I don't transfer water very often. Bag folds up and takes little space, so it is just a back up device.
Old 05-11-2019, 07:21 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
I opted for the drill pump because it was all ready on board and I don't transfer water very often. Bag folds up and takes little space, so it is just a back up device.
Someday would like to see a list of Turbo gadgets for RVing Great stuff!
Old 05-11-2019, 08:24 AM   #11

Quote:
Don't want to sound like I am raining on your parade, but how big are your holding tanks on that coach. What I'm getting at is if you keep topping off with 30 gallons in that bladder bag for additional water while dry camping where is it going?

We hold 100 gallons of fresh water but by the time it is about gone my gray and black are about full anyway.
FLJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 04:53 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
You have to love Amazon Prime same day delivery! I got both the 120V pump and a drill pump as backup. The 120V pump came today, it's about the size of your hand. Also came was the bladder. It is amazingly small and lightweight, anyone need 3 5 gallon water jugs? Wow, this really helps to pack and travel light.

As to the question above, barker tank is an option among other options people won't want to mention. Also having the Valterra gate valve helps to transfer from gray to black as typically you'll fill gray far sooner than black especially with some outdoor options camping style.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0334.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	245.3 KB
ID:	245632   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0335.png
Views:	18
Size:	1.72 MB
ID:	245633  

Tags