RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-18-2020, 08:06 PM   #1

Toilet not holding water

We have a 2018 London Aire with the mansorator toilets both toilets the water seems to drain out slowly till there is very little in it.

Does anyone have the fix for this? Thanks
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-18-2020, 08:09 PM   #2

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Use some rubber gloves and clean the seal. Then coat it with petroleum jelly. Just a very light coating around the seal. See if that helps. I had to do this every so often when i had my previous motorhome.
inlineskater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 08:15 PM   #3
Rd1

Is this a Dometic with macerator?

if so, ''one" reason for the water draining, could be the discharge tube with anti siphon going bad.
Old 11-18-2020, 08:18 PM   #4

I just replaced my motor/macerator on one of my Dometic toilets, and there is no way for water to drain out. The discharge hose extends up higher than the top of the stool before it dumps in the sewer pipe. It could leak out on the floor, but you should notice that.

What brand of macerator stools do you have?
Old 11-18-2020, 08:50 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by alank View Post
I just replaced my motor/macerator on one of my Dometic toilets, and there is no way for water to drain out. The discharge hose extends up higher than the top of the stool before it dumps in the sewer pipe. It could leak out on the floor, but you should notice that.

Yes water can leak out when the discharge loop is lower then bowl water level and if the anti-siphon valve has failed (if it has one)
Either from skipping down or not installed correctly to begin with

Not an uncommon issue

Thetford Tecma Manual --- Pg 17 Last Item
https://www.thetford.com/wp-content/...enceRV-Eng.pdf

Similar problem/fix with Dometic Masterflush Macerator Toilets
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 08:53 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by inlineskater View Post
Use some rubber gloves and clean the seal. Then coat it with petroleum jelly. Just a very light coating around the seal. See if that helps. I had to do this every so often when i had my previous motorhome.

Thank you will try it
Old 11-18-2020, 08:54 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by alank View Post

Yes it is Dometic
Old 11-18-2020, 08:57 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
Yes water can leak out when the discharge loop is lower then bowl water level and if the anti-siphon valve has failed (if it has one)

Either from skipping down or not installed correctly to begin with

Not an uncommon issue

Thetford Tecma Manual --- Pg 17 Last Item

https://www.thetford.com/wp-content/...enceRV-Eng.pdf

Similar problem/fix with Dometic Masterflush Macerator Toilets

The toilet has not always done this more recently. Was fine first year and half that we’ve had it. Thanks
Old 11-18-2020, 09:03 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wstb View Post
Thank you will try it
No toilet bowl seal used on a macerator toilet

Water level is maintained in bowl by height of pump discharge hose....top of loop higher then water level is what keeps water in toilet bowl
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 09:43 PM   #10
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
I had this same problem on my London Aire. They found that the discharge hose loop was too short. Yes it was a slow leak down.
Old 11-18-2020, 10:23 PM   #11
Rd1

occasionally the valve on the discharge tube goes bad. the slow leak is usually the result. sometimes debris gets stuck in the valve. if you can access the back the toilet, look at the top of the valve, hit the flush, if you see water squirt out of the valve, it is likely bad, or has debris stuck, keeping the valve from closing/sealing completely.

You can use a q-tip while pouring some warm water on top of the valve. gently use the q-tip to clean the valve area, you can also gently push the valve (the black rubber) down while pouring warm water, to see if you can clear the debris. if that works, water level in the bowl should maintain. if not, you need to replace the discharge tube with anti siphon.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MasterBath.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	306.1 KB
ID:	308523  
Old 11-18-2020, 10:29 PM   #12

I am wondering regarding the sensor placement for the Tecma Macerator a toilet.
Are the sensors attached to the outside or inside of the black tank?

This may be silly but I looked at the attachment instructions and I don't see how they could work attached to the exterior of the tank.
Nellybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 06:19 AM   #13
ptw

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
No toilet bowl seal used on a macerator toilet

Water level is maintained in bowl by height of pump discharge hose....top of loop higher then water level is what keeps water in toilet bowl
I agree with old-Biscuit and TonyD. The level of the water in the bowl is determined by the height of the black discharge hose. During installation if the pipe coming out of the floor is too short it will pull down on this loop. Looking at the newer installation manuals for this toilet they are now showing two ty-raps holding this hose loop up.

Attached are pictures from the 2013 manual and the 2019 manual. Note the ty-raps securing the loop in the picture from the newer manual.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-11-19 at 7.13.10 AM.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	142.7 KB
ID:	308534   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-11-19 at 6.53.40 AM.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	308535  

Old 11-19-2020, 08:19 AM   #14

The post I made above is accurate for the Dometic 7600 series toilets. Specifically the 7640 model. The OP did not tell us what model he is having trouble with. The 7640 has two different bowl water levels you can switch between, so the bowl water level has nothing to do with the height of the discharge tube. The 7640 discharge tube comes up above the very top of the bowl.

We really need to know which Dometic stool the OP has, and we need to know what model stool the above above pictures represent. I have no idea how many macerator toilet models Dometic makes but some of us are talking apples to oranges while some may be talking apples to apples. No one is giving the model numbers their information is about.

Tags
toilet, water